Setting up pausing on a cooperative server

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Rocko Bonaparte
Engineer
Engineer

Setting up pausing on a cooperative server

Post by Rocko Bonaparte »

I am trying to play OpenTTD with some friends for the holidays. We want to do most of our work paused. We'd also like all players to be able to pause/unpause. If nobody is logged on, we'd also like the game to pause. It looks like the pause button is outright disabled in multiplayer. The fallback I have is letting everybody use the rcon command to manage pause. However, to do that, apparently I have to change the min_active_clients rule to 0. This means if people log off unpaused that it will just run. Is there a mix with the base config I can do to make this work? Failing that, is there something like a chat bot or something that we can use to manipulate pause and unpause through the chat?
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Setting up pausing on a cooperative server

Post by jfs »

A Game Script will be able to do it, at least. I'm not entirely sure, but I believe it should be possible to make a basic GS that makes e.g. a button in the story book you can press to pause/unpause.
Rocko Bonaparte
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Setting up pausing on a cooperative server

Post by Rocko Bonaparte »

Gees I've never even heard of Game Scripts. I guess that rolled out in a long lull since I last was really playing it online. It's really hard to find anything about how to really work with them, but I did find that autopause script online so I'll see if I can make it work for my uses.

Return to “General OpenTTD”