Problem with old grf file missing

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

P6tu
Engineer
Engineer

Problem with old grf file missing

Post by P6tu »

Hello,

Long story short - I need to get a save file loaded where I have used an old grf file named openttd_plus.0.1 . I know that the file had some compatibility and compiling issues, but is there a way for me to get the save file working again?

With regards,
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Problem with old grf file missing

Post by Eddi »

if you still have the grf file, you can try to repair it with grfcodec. i believe the problem with that specific grf is that the version is announced incorrectly.

you can also try to disable the grf for that save file, but that may cause all kinds of problems. from immediately crashing to savegamecorruption which you only notice after several months.
P6tu
Engineer
Engineer

Post by P6tu »

So I got the latest grfcodec, but for some reason I am unable to run it...
But how do I disable the grf in the save file? I may try that and I can make a backup of the original save...
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

you need to open the ingame console, and set the "scenario_developer" flag. then you can modify grf settings on existing savegames. but the giant red warning dialog is there for a reason.
P6tu
Engineer
Engineer

Post by P6tu »

OK, got the game running - awesome :D. But as it has been written in multiple threads, the maglev trains are "stuck" with "no power". Okay, I could crash all those trains and replace them with a working train, but that takes a lot of time. Is there a way to remove all the trains without starting to crash them to one another?
I have more than thousand trains and I'm using multiple trains on the same track so it would take a lot of time (but doable) and I was wondering if there is an alternative way to do this.
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

(post deleted because I am apparently unable to read)
Last edited by Taschi on 15 Oct 2021 08:57, edited 1 time in total.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Taschi wrote: 15 Oct 2021 00:28
P6tu wrote: 14 Oct 2021 22:52 OK, got the game running - awesome :D. But as it has been written in multiple threads, the maglev trains are "stuck" with "no power".
I have heard many criticisms of OpenTTD but this is the first time I've heard somebody complain about multithreading.
The poster is not talking about CPU multithreading, but about multiple threads - discussion topics.
P6tu
Engineer
Engineer

Post by P6tu »

kamnet wrote: 15 Oct 2021 00:44
Taschi wrote: 15 Oct 2021 00:28
P6tu wrote: 14 Oct 2021 22:52 OK, got the game running - awesome :D. But as it has been written in multiple threads, the maglev trains are "stuck" with "no power".
I have heard many criticisms of OpenTTD but this is the first time I've heard somebody complain about multithreading.
The poster is not talking about CPU multithreading, but about multiple threads - discussion topics.
Yes, I was talking about topics =). So does anyone know a way to achieve my goal of getting rid of all trains that are on a stuck on the train tracks?

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”