:?: Anybody play TTDx? Train path finder question? :?:

Talk about the sequel to the original TT, Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
saus
Engineer
Engineer

:?: Anybody play TTDx? Train path finder question? :?:

Post by saus »

I'm very new to this game. After I try original scenarios on OTTD I found them very easy. I decided to play them on original game, how they're intended to be played.
Now I'm playing Scotland 1956 scenario. Enjoy it a lot.
I have problem with my trains get lost. For example I managed to sneak in 2 way terminus station in to the lumber mill. I supply it from 2 forests. Often I find trains from branch 1 travelling lost on branch 2 and trains from branch 2 on branch 1.
Do in original TTDX I must do dedicated platforms for every branch or I'm missing something with signals?
Thank You
MLG
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: :?: Anybody play TTDx? Train path finder question? :?:

Post by MLG »

saus wrote: 17 Aug 2021 06:44 Do in original TTDX I must do dedicated platforms for every branch or I'm missing something with signals?
The block signals are really hard to set up correctly, basically not even making network gridlock free... That is, why PBS were introduced. I would personally build closed loops with no branching and no multiple platforms. Just loop with basic one way signals. I would also do forced servicing. (force the train to go via depot by track arrangement)
Are you an eye candy player? Check out Invisible engine set! viewtopic.php?f=67&t=88934
You can write to me in English, or Czech. Můžete mi psát česky nebo anglicky.

Return to “Transport Tycoon Deluxe”