JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by Redirect Left »

justaplayer wrote: 11 Jul 2021 23:19 I just made a game with ''Extremely many'' rivers and this wierd genration happened:
Seems fairly standard to me, although slightly concerning there are rivers emptying into the large lake, so that'd slowly overflow (except OpenTTD doesn't simulate that level of water & physics, which is a shame).
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Redirect Left wrote: 12 Jul 2021 10:47Seems fairly standard to me, although slightly concerning there are rivers emptying into the large lake, so that'd slowly overflow (except OpenTTD doesn't simulate that level of water & physics, which is a shame).
Well, there was Rainfall River Generation patch for realistic rivers...
Last edited by Wahazar on 12 Jul 2021 15:15, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

Dynamic water level simulation is a huge can of worms and i, for one, am happy that OpenTTD doesn't do it.

Requiring rivers to a) drain to an ocean or b) reach a map edge would be interesting and make maps more realistic, but eh. This isn't Waterworks Tycoon and I don't meticulously check how geograpgically apropriate the map is.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

MLG wrote: 04 Jul 2021 17:54 Hi,
I have another bug report: With 2CC trains (maybe also other NewGRF trains too) everything including locomotives seems in new purchase menu to have capacity of 1 passenger. Reality is with correct capacities, however that makes buying some new trains quite harder. :) Default trains have this problem not.
I now also see that I forgot to change language to English, so look for "kapacita: 1 cestující", which means "capacity: 1 passenger" it is 5th line of loco/wagon details.
So I connect, the mistake goes across different sets of trains. Mail cannot be transported in the 2cc set at this time. In addition to Timberwolf trains, I also saw it with PKP, Dutch train set, Xussr and others :(
Murphy & Co., 30. srp 1975.png
(337.45 KiB) Not downloaded yet
New knowledge, this error does not manifest itself if a common window for trains and wagons is set
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
Argus wrote: 12 Jul 2021 20:53
I have another bug report: … everything including locomotives seems in new purchase menu to have capacity of 1 passenger.
So I connect, the mistake goes across different sets of trains. Mail cannot be transported in the 2cc set at this time. In addition to Timberwolf trains, I also saw it with PKP, Dutch train set, Xussr and others :(
As far as I know this is only an issue in the splitted purchase window itself. When you bought your vehicle, it will have it's correct capacitiy values. Beside the workaround to use the classic purchase window, JGR stated, that the issue is fixed in his main branch and will be part of the next release.

Tschö, Auge
SparkyMarkyR33
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SparkyMarkyR33 »

Auge wrote: 13 Jul 2021 10:18 Hello
I have another bug report: … everything including locomotives seems in new purchase menu to have capacity of 1 passenger.
As far as I know this is only an issue in the splitted purchase window itself. When you bought your vehicle, it will have it's correct capacitiy values. Beside the workaround to use the classic purchase window, JGR stated, that the issue is fixed in his main branch and will be part of the next release.

Tschö, Auge
Hasn't this been fixed in his latest realease? (0.42.2)
mak
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mak »

Using JGRPP and Timberwolf's Trains, I do not have this 'problem' :D
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

SparkyMarkyR33 wrote: 13 Jul 2021 10:56
Auge wrote: 13 Jul 2021 10:18 Hello

Tschö, Auge
I didn't notice that there is already a new version, I'll update right away :)
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
SparkyMarkyR33 wrote: 13 Jul 2021 10:56
Auge wrote: 13 Jul 2021 10:18
Argus wrote: 12 Jul 2021 20:53 So I connect, the mistake goes across different sets of trains. Mail cannot be transported in the 2cc set at this time. In addition to Timberwolf trains, I also saw it with PKP, Dutch train set, Xussr and others :(
As far as I know this is only an issue in the splitted purchase window itself.
You are right. After testing the 0.42.2-release I can state, that the issue is solved in this version.

Tschö, Auge
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I assume that this will be more of a mistake of a given set of trains?
This did not change when switching the window type
Attachments
Hawthorn & Co., 7. úno 1965.png
(1.5 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Braziliexx1norm.sav
(5.85 MiB) Downloaded 61 times
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

Well, livestock is *technically* just a bunch of chemicals...
gebik
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gebik »

Argus wrote: 16 Jul 2021 11:39 I assume that this will be more of a mistake of a given set of trains?
Is this from base graphics set?
You use NewGRF industries, default vehicles do not support them.
Are you an eye candy player? Check out Invisible engine set! viewtopic.php?f=67&t=88934
You can write to me in English, or Czech. Můžete mi psát česky nebo anglicky.

Formerly known as MLG.
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
MLG wrote: 16 Jul 2021 12:19
Argus wrote: 16 Jul 2021 11:39 I assume that this will be more of a mistake of a given set of trains?
Is this from base graphics set?
A break van in the base set? Beside that you are right. There are combinations of industry and vehicle sets that will not completely work together. In the case of Argus's save game there are Andy's "FIRS 2.1.5" and PikkaBirds "UK Renewal Train Set 3.04" which is (as far as I remember) pre FIRS (at least pre FIRS 2).

Tschö, Auge

edit: corrected a typo
Last edited by Auge on 16 Jul 2021 15:40, edited 1 time in total.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I rarely use vanilla sets.
I didn't notice it at UKRS before, maybe I'm watching it more now.
Cattle are transported by tank :D
gebik
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gebik »

Auge wrote: 16 Jul 2021 12:51 Hello

A break van in the base set?
Oh, I have not noticed. :D
Are you an eye candy player? Check out Invisible engine set! viewtopic.php?f=67&t=88934
You can write to me in English, or Czech. Můžete mi psát česky nebo anglicky.

Formerly known as MLG.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Usually in these cases I add 2ccwagons set. But I had no idea that UKRS3 was so old :)
bugreporter
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bugreporter »

how do i turn on inter-city roads and wide rivers in editor please?
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
bugreporter wrote: 21 Jul 2021 01:07 how do i turn on inter-city roads and wide rivers in editor please?
Go to the settings, set the category and type selection at the top of the settings window to all and type "road" respectively "river" into the search bar below.

Tschö, Auge
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

Hello,

In the latest version, you introduced a "wide rivers" generator.

Is it a merge of the Patch: The Rainfall River Generator or another river generator ?

I thought it was actually the rainfall river generator, but the new river generator doesn't like to work as expected : rivers are still very unrealistic (not going in the right direction, not wide enought, etc.)

Is it ? Or isn't it ?

I'm trying to generate a new game from heightmap using a mountainous valley opening to a flat land before the sea, and I expected with "extremely many" rivers I would get many streams following the mountain slope, then merging in a big fluvial, ending with a wide lagoon and delta flowing quietly to the sea.

But instead of that I get many streams merging in a small stream that can't even reach the sea... :?

I admit I'm quite surprised :shock:
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

MagicBuzz wrote: 22 Jul 2021 16:43 Hello,

In the latest version, you introduced a "wide rivers" generator.

Is it a merge of the Patch: The Rainfall River Generator or another river generator ?

I thought it was actually the rainfall river generator, but the new river generator doesn't like to work as expected : rivers are still very unrealistic (not going in the right direction, not wide enought, etc.)

Is it ? Or isn't it ?

I'm trying to generate a new game from heightmap using a mountainous valley opening to a flat land before the sea, and I expected with "extremely many" rivers I would get many streams following the mountain slope, then merging in a big fluvial, ending with a wide lagoon and delta flowing quietly to the sea.

But instead of that I get many streams merging in a small stream that can't even reach the sea... :?

I admit I'm quite surprised :shock:
It's not a replacement generator, it's an adjustment of the existing one. See here: https://github.com/JGRennison/OpenTTD-patches/pull/275
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github

Return to “OpenTTD Development”