Station ratings

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

fridaemon
Director
Director

Re: Station ratings

Post by fridaemon »

ColdIce wrote: 22 Mar 2021 19:47
If you have feeling about few passengers, you can use GRFs: Plaza as Industry, Apartment as Industry. It can solve your problem 8)
ImageImageImageImageImage
Beach Objects * Shopping Centres * Skyscrapers * Garage Entrances
Modular Warehouses * Trucks & Buses Parking Lots * Bus Depots * Bus Terminals
Road Waypoints * Road Stops * Eyecandy Objects * Building Set

Winner of the Screenshot of 09/20, 11/20, 02/21, 06/21, 07/21, 05/22 and 06/22.:twisted:
ColdIce
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ColdIce »

fridaemon wrote: 22 Mar 2021 22:22
ColdIce wrote: 22 Mar 2021 19:47
If you have feeling about few passengers, you can use GRFs: Plaza as Industry, Apartment as Industry. It can solve your problem 8)
I know about those two, but doesn't help at all. I like to develop small rural areas, with few scatered houses, where a bus or train will go once in a while. The station rating now is always appalling and no passengers.
I'm getting help soon from a friend to figure out how to use python (the information from wiki or forum is very confusing for a non-IT/programmer guy) and will try to modify the file provided here.
The rest is confetti!
Michpi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Michpi »

ColdIce wrote: 22 Mar 2021 19:47 I took the ratings15.nml file and modified in wordpad, but i got stuck with python.
I took the ratings15.grf and decoded with grfcodec, but good God.. I can't understand what is there.
I think you choose a very strange way :)
I suppose you need only notepad and nmlc codec
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=48891

Anyway, try this one.
No any guarantee:)
Attachments
ratings16.grf
(5.28 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
ratings16.nml
(9.37 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
ColdIce
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ColdIce »

Michpi wrote: 24 Mar 2021 16:42
ColdIce wrote: 22 Mar 2021 19:47 I took the ratings15.nml file and modified in wordpad, but i got stuck with python.
I took the ratings15.grf and decoded with grfcodec, but good God.. I can't understand what is there.
I think you choose a very strange way :)
I suppose you need only notepad and nmlc codec
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=48891

Anyway, try this one.
No any guarantee:)
only nmlc? this weekend I will look into it. but i will still consider installing python and figure out the library part and command lines. I must learn so I can handle things myself. I don't like begging for small things that I can solve alone.
It is hard for a programming impared person to understand some things. I must take it easy and figure it out.
Now now.. my hero :lol:
I just tested the grf and works with passengers and mail. Also with OTIS cargo, as long as this grf is bellow OTIS grf. Does not work if it's above OTIS grf.
Thank you so much for this and for the tips. I appreciate it.
The rest is confetti!
Michpi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Michpi »

Yes, this grf must be placed below any industry set.
scitor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by scitor »

Sry for digging up this old thread but since I couldn't find any of those NewGRFs posted here online, I've just added Easy Station Rating Override to BaNaNaS.

You can set the station ratings for each cargo individually, either to default, always 100% or depending on cargo amount waiting (customizable).
Ben1338
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Ben1338 »

It's not a problem, I've always been meaning to start this, but yeah... turns out etting started with GRF creation on your own can be a bit daunting if you don't know what you're doing... :(
lead-in
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lead-in »

Just wanted to say "thank you" for that cool GRF!

Return to “Graphics Development”