JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Bernasrebelo11
Engineer
Engineer

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by Bernasrebelo11 »

JGR wrote: 01 Feb 2021 23:22
Bernasrebelo11 wrote: 30 Jan 2021 22:51 So I'm messing with time schedules

my train orders are the next

Station A - Station B - Station C - Station B,
end of the order, so when the next order starts the train will go to A again and repeat

Let's say that there are 3-time schedules
8:00 am, 10:00 am, 12:00 am just like an example.

before the first time schedule, I want the train to be stored at Station D or waypoint which would mess with the train ride for the 10 and 12 schedules.

How do I do that without messing my orders?
This is not straightforward to implement without significantly changing your orders.
If you can divert the train to D and keep it there by using only routing restrictions that may be easiest. There is a current time/date conditional which you could use for this.
Alternatively, you could use conditional orders. You could use the train in slot conditional order, and have some signal which does the slot assignment depending on the current time in the vicinity of A/D before the branch is evaluated.
It's probably worth doing some experimenting.

If you did want to change your orders you may find it easier to set up a 24-hour timetable and set of orders instead.

https://github.com/JGRennison/OpenTTD-p ... Signalling is probably worth looking through if you haven't already.
Thank you, I will try to experiment with it. For developers out there one suggestion I can make is the following, in the time schedule try to make a different order for each time I don't know if that would be possible.
Bernasrebelo11
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bernasrebelo11 »

JGR wrote: 01 Feb 2021 23:22
Bernasrebelo11 wrote: 30 Jan 2021 22:51 So I'm messing with time schedules

my train orders are the next

Station A - Station B - Station C - Station B,
end of the order, so when the next order starts the train will go to A again and repeat

Let's say that there are 3-time schedules
8:00 am, 10:00 am, 12:00 am just like an example.

before the first time schedule, I want the train to be stored at Station D or waypoint which would mess with the train ride for the 10 and 12 schedules.

How do I do that without messing my orders?
This is not straightforward to implement without significantly changing your orders.
If you can divert the train to D and keep it there by using only routing restrictions that may be easiest. There is a current time/date conditional which you could use for this.
Alternatively you could use conditional orders. You could use the train in slot conditional order, and have some signal which does the slot assignment depending on the current time in the vicinity of A/D before the branch is evaluated.
It's probably worth doing some experimenting.

If you did want to change your orders you may find it easier to set up a 24 hour timetable and set of orders instead.

https://github.com/JGRennison/OpenTTD-p ... Signalling is probably worth looking through if you haven't already.
How do I make a selection of path using signaling
https://prnt.sc/y1lndc
it appears to not be able to select anything YAPF chosen
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
Bernasrebelo11 wrote: 02 Feb 2021 17:33 How do I make a selection of path using signaling
Mark the word "End" instead of "Start" in the signal restrictions window. If done, you should be able to use the insert-button on the bottom left side of the popup window. Further buttons will get active depending from your choices.

Tschö, Auge
Bernasrebelo11
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bernasrebelo11 »

Auge wrote: 02 Feb 2021 22:03 Hello
Bernasrebelo11 wrote: 02 Feb 2021 17:33 How do I make a selection of path using signaling
Mark the word "End" instead of "Start" in the signal restrictions window. If done, you should be able to use the insert-button on the bottom left side of the popup window. Further buttons will get active depending on your choices.

Tschö, Auge
Thank you one more question
https://prnt.sc/y30me7

let's say in the image above the train normally goes bottom left because of its route, how do I make that train after a certain hour go top right or in front
function:
if hour/minute > 20:00:
"turn top right"
return

how do I do that top right or middle?
vincentkoevoets
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vincentkoevoets »

Here is the MacOS build again for anyone who wants it.
openttd-jgrpp-0.40.0-macos.dmg
openttd-jgrpp-0.40.0-macos.dmg
(7.61 MiB) Downloaded 62 times
Last edited by vincentkoevoets on 03 Feb 2021 13:33, edited 1 time in total.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Bernasrebelo11 wrote: 03 Feb 2021 01:03 let's say in the image above the train normally goes bottom left because of its route, how do I make that train after a certain hour go top right or in front
function:
if hour/minute > 20:00:
"turn top right"
return

how do I do that top right or middle?
You should use the "Deny" or "Penalty" actions on the paths which you don't want the train to take.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
gebik
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gebik »

Hi, JGR,
I have updated to 0.40.0, and when I opened the game, it says something, I have never seen before. You can see it in the screenshot.
missing sprites.png
What should I do to get rid of it? I am afraid, that it might break my saved games or something other. Is it a bug, or is in your GitHub modified OGFX, made for this patchpack? Or something similar?
I have updated in same way as always: overwrite files from previous version with new ones.

Thanks!
MLG
Are you an eye candy player? Check out Invisible engine set! viewtopic.php?f=67&t=88934
You can write to me in English, or Czech. Můžete mi psát česky nebo anglicky.

Formerly known as MLG.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

MLG wrote: 03 Feb 2021 15:13 Hi, JGR,
I have updated to 0.40.0, and when I opened the game, it says something, I have never seen before. You can see it in the screenshot. missing sprites.png
What should I do to get rid of it? I am afraid, that it might break my saved games or something other. Is it a bug, or is in your GitHub modified OGFX, made for this patchpack? Or something similar?
I have updated in same way as always: overwrite files from previous version with new ones.

Thanks!
MLG
I suggest you just ignore the message.
OpenGFX is usually behind trunk.
The missing sprites will presumably be added to OpenGFX at a later date.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
gebik
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gebik »

Thanks, I will ignore that message for now.
Are you an eye candy player? Check out Invisible engine set! viewtopic.php?f=67&t=88934
You can write to me in English, or Czech. Můžete mi psát česky nebo anglicky.

Formerly known as MLG.
gravelpit
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gravelpit »

JGR wrote: 25 Jan 2021 18:42
Argus wrote: 25 Jan 2021 18:00 Ships sometimes stubbornly try to get to the nearest dock, to which there is no clear path. For example, if it is behind a narrow mainland neck. At the same time, there is another dock nearby, where it would reach without any problems.
The ship pathfinder and ship movement in general leaves quite a bit to be desired.
I'd suggest making it as easy as possible for ships to find the correct target by liberal use of buoys, etc.
In general ships are not well suited to confined or complicated areas.
Exactly, you value authenticity so much, and ships have a problem navigating on narrow and many different obstacles (islands, bays)
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

Hi,

Game crashed when attempting to remove signals from a tunnel.
crash-20210204T162045Z.png
(645.79 KiB) Not downloaded yet
crash-20210204T162045Z.sav
(9.15 MiB) Downloaded 63 times
OpenTTD Crash Report 04.02.21.docx
(24.86 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
Take a look at: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=74993
Why do it tomorrow when you can do it today
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

dol422 wrote: 04 Feb 2021 16:28 Hi,

Game crashed when attempting to remove signals from a tunnel.crash-20210204T162045Z.pngcrash-20210204T162045Z.savOpenTTD Crash Report 04.02.21.docx
Thanks for reporting this.
This one was reported and fixed earlier today. I expect that there will be another release quite soon.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
uginbgood
Engineer
Engineer

Post by uginbgood »

Game crashed when attempting to remove signals from a tunnel.crash-20210204T162045Z.pngcrash-20210204T162045Z.savOpenTTD Crash Report 04.02.21.docx
and when attempt to remove signals on bridge. or even remove bridge or tunnel. Only if train bracking model "realistic". if its original - have troubles with pathfinding. train couldnt "see" free parallel track with one waypoint
sorry. my english is so poor
Attachments
jgrpp40error.png
(1.38 MiB) Not downloaded yet
jgrpp40error 2.png
(936.3 KiB) Not downloaded yet
jgrpp40error 3.png
(682.89 KiB) Not downloaded yet
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

uginbgood wrote: 05 Feb 2021 02:47

and when attempt to remove signals on bridge. or even remove bridge or tunnel. Only if train bracking model "realistic". if its original - have troubles with pathfinding. train couldnt "see" free parallel track with one waypoint
sorry. my english is so poor
Thanks for reporting this. These have also already been fixed, and will be in the next release.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
rsdworker
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by rsdworker »

hey, so how I install this pack? I couldn't find instructions
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

rsdworker wrote: 05 Feb 2021 18:09 hey, so how I install this pack? I couldn't find instructions
There is no installation process. You unzip it and put it in whatever drive/directory you want it from.
rsdworker
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by rsdworker »

i found bug - the undenifed text - I cant change that on advanced routing - seen here
https://gyazo.com/44f694456c9e23fadebd60eae12bd520
maybe bug? i have version 0.40.1
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

@rsdworker - do you have any slots already defined for train groups?

@JGR current mechanism of bancruptcy is inherited from vanilla openttd, but it doesn't make sense in case of infrastructure sharing, I mean all these track vanishing including other players trains - handling of track infrastructure should be equivalent to road/canals.
Of course making rails ownerless would lead to cheats like phoney companies founded just to make free for all infrastructure and then go bancrupt.
But in fact these cheats exists in vanilla openttd, but limited to roads/canals.
Thus my second proposal to fix such issues, which is now possible with all these NRT: option to slowly degrade track or road, if located outside city authority:
each stray track or road may be randomly degraded to compatible one but with lowest speed.
Additionally convert tool may change track owner (is in't already implemented for roads?).
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
rsdworker
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by rsdworker »

McZapkie wrote: 06 Feb 2021 11:33 @rsdworker - do you have any slots already defined for train groups?

@JGR current mechanism of bancruptcy is inherited from vanilla openttd, but it doesn't make sense in case of infrastructure sharing, I mean all these track vanishing including other players trains - handling of track infrastructure should be equivalent to road/canals.
Of course making rails ownerless would lead to cheats like phoney companies founded just to make free for all infrastructure and then go bancrupt.
But in fact these cheats exists in vanilla openttd, but limited to roads/canals.
Thus my second proposal to fix such issues, which is now possible with all these NRT: option to slowly degrade track or road, if located outside city authority:
each stray track or road may be randomly degraded to compatible one but with lowest speed.
Additionally convert tool may change track owner (is in't already implemented for roads?).
yes I didn't realise its needs set to group because wiki lacked the proper info how to set those up
and what is NRT?
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

rsdworker, NRT is New Road Types (or something like this), but second part was addressed to JGR, not you.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”