STGFX Dev Posts

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Slovak Transportation Graphic Set (STGFX)

Post by spajdy »

Andrew350 wrote: 24 Dec 2020 19:52 Wow, finally after 7 years someone makes graphics for it. Very cool :)
Well, it is not my main goal, but why the hell not to do it, if it is actually very simple :).
From now on, when I know that this could be used, I can keep it in mind while doing mee graphics and codes. :)

I am avoiding your tutorial, as I am way too lazy to make it 32 bit, so I just make it a bit darker if it is possible. That is for the beginning. Maybe later, I will follow your tutorial. :)
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

You can find what I am planning next, or doing right now right in my developer diary.
Slovakia | lang : slovak | english

SLOVAK DISCORD SERVER I (and others Slovak and Czech creators) write there in Slovak about what I (ot they are) am planning. This invitation is valid for 100 users.
It is alive and well. :)
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Update after taking some vacation from OpenTTD and developing stuff for it.

I've done some changes to the catenary and to the roads.
snimka1.png
snimka1.png (56.43 KiB) Viewed 7898 times
I've redrawn catenary sprites from last year's "ugly weathered red/yellow ones", and I've decided that catenary will be the color of the in-game company. And I've started creating roads, for regional roads and town roads, I'm trying right now traffic signs, it gives it little more of a life. But it is much more work than I've expected.

The second thing is:
I've started creating trolleybuses, mainly drawing them. So far I made Škoda 14Tr for testing purposes. (Supports night mode).
image_2021-01-08_022353.png
image_2021-01-08_022353.png (4.45 KiB) Viewed 7898 times
I'm playing with the idea that the trolleybus set gets parameters that could allow for more liveries. For example, the custom is Basic+Slovak+Commerical liveries, but by the parameter change you could get Basic+Slovak+Czech+Commerical or Basic+Slovak+Commerical. Not sure about this yet, it is just the idea.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

You can find what I am planning next, or doing right now right in my developer diary.

SLOVAK DISCORD SERVER I (and others Slovak and Czech creators) write there in Slovak about what I (ot they are) am planning. This invitation is valid for 100 users.
2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by 2TallTyler »

Nice catenary. The web of wires at the intersection looks impressive, like the real thing.
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

2TallTyler wrote: 08 Jan 2021 03:05 Nice catenary. The web of wires at the intersection looks impressive, like the real thing.
Thank you, it has some compromises but that was the goal, make it the most realistic but yet not too messy for the game.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Hi there again,
today I am bringing here a small language update. I made English and Slovak my primary languages for this set, but I've played around with adding more languages for some time. As of today, the Slovak Bus Set got two internal language mutations: Czech and Hungarian.

Second thing is I've finally did Karosa ŠD 11 POST, so you can now deliver mail by this bus. And I've unlocked Karosa C744 Zvolen (ex Ostrava) livery for good. And I've added Ikarus 435 "Bratislava" livery so far. Apart from the C744 everything newly added is aware of Night Base GFX.
snímka3.png
snímka3.png (47.92 KiB) Viewed 7776 times
Attachments
snímka4low.png
snímka4low.png (35.3 KiB) Viewed 4044 times
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Do you plan to add earlier cars? Many people play very early games :)
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Argus wrote: 09 Jan 2021 10:21 Do you plan to add earlier cars? Many people play very early games :)
Many people did older vehicles. I personally don't play early games, so I do not plan older vehicles as Karosa Š types for now. More going for the present right now.
But I am not saying "no" entirely, but I don't think I need to, because Greyfur is doing something similar to my set, and he covered historical vehicles very well.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

OK thanks. I will combine for example with Polroads or Timberwolf vehicles.
gravelpit
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gravelpit »

everything is fine but why no one uses the best set of buses for me (Long Vehicles). This is the only set where you can recognize each model without any problem, why is that !?
perverted monkey
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by perverted monkey »

Long Vehicles is a very nice set but sprites are overscaled. In the past without 4x and 2x there was no other option available. Actually even OTTD didn't exist at that time. I used them in all of my games. Today anyone can draw 2x or 4x zoom spites and have all the detail he likes.

Isn't the detail in the 4x zoom sample (see the previous page) enough?
Why don't you give a hand to spajdy by drawing the 4x or 2x sprites, so he can include them in the set?
fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

gravelpit wrote: 13 Jan 2021 10:45
Long vehicle set is ugly to me. Terrible ratio to other objects. But it's to taste. My most favourite sets with buses are:
1. Slovak Buses Set (this one)
2. German Road Vehicles
3. Polroad
4. North Korean Vehicles Set (because of Trolleybuses)
I don't need more bus sets :bow:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Beach Objects * Shopping Centres * Skyscrapers * Garage Entrances
Modular Warehouses * Trucks & Buses Parking Lots * Bus Depots * Bus Terminals
Road Waypoints * Road Stops * Eyecandy Objects * Building Set

Winner of the Screenshot of 09/20, 11/20, 02/21, 06/21, 07/21, 05/22 and 06/22.:twisted:
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

But the Long Vehicles set only has trucks, doesn't it?
German cars are old and out of date, and almost undetectable for download. I also used the Ikarus set, but recently Polroad and Timberwolf road vehicles have won ....
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

gravelpit wrote: 13 Jan 2021 10:45 everything is fine but why no one uses the best set of buses for me (Long Vehicles). This is the only set where you can recognize each model without any problem, why is that !?
I checked on the Long Vehicles and it did not grab my attention much honestly. It looks nice, but there is a reason I've started creating my own stuff, I missed some modern buses, some liveries of Slovak buses and etc. I am doing it for myself mostly because there is no other reason for it.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Greyfur »

gravelpit wrote: 13 Jan 2021 10:45 everything is fine but why no one uses the best set of buses for me (Long Vehicles). This is the only set where you can recognize each model without any problem, why is that !?
I know. I am the author of the graphics of czechoslovak buses there. There are however several issues with the set:

1) The set is oversized and many players disregard it because of that. I didn§t think it would be an issue back when I drew it, but have encountered serious push backs on multiplayer games. The result was that an initiative rose in the tycoonez community to create a separate czechoslovak set in smaller scale. I think the size Ikarus set has, is the biggest that most players are comfortable with.

2) The Long Vehicles set is aged. It was done for TTDPatch in times, when you could not have unlimited new sprites and the IDs could not colide. Therefore there were a lot of refits needed to squeeze as much into the set as possible. That prohibited various liveries.

3) The age of the set also limited what the set could do. Back then there was no support for bending articulated buses and many other features, so compared with current sets it looks like a dinosaur.

I have to say I loved George's work and I mainly loved that he crossed the border and made a very wide array of vehicles all across Europe. Still I came to a conclusion, that the dead should remain burried and so I as well started creating my czechoslovak set anew.
My project: CS Bus Set viewtopic.php?f=26&t=87962

Škoda - Praga - Tatra - Karosa - Oasa - Prima TL - Zliner - TAM BUS - SOR - Novoplan - Granus - Slovbus - Tedom - Irisbus - Iveco

Woof !
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Greyfur wrote: 13 Jan 2021 15:38
I know. I am the author of the graphics of czechoslovak buses there. There are however several issues with the set:

1) The set is oversized and many players disregard it because of that. I didn§t think it would be an issue back when I drew it, but have encountered serious push backs on multiplayer games. The result was that an initiative rose in the tycoonez community to create a separate czechoslovak set in smaller scale. I think the size Ikarus set has, is the biggest that most players are comfortable with.

2) The Long Vehicles set is aged. It was done for TTDPatch in times, when you could not have unlimited new sprites and the IDs could not colide. Therefore there were a lot of refits needed to squeeze as much into the set as possible. That prohibited various liveries.

3) The age of the set also limited what the set could do. Back then there was no support for bending articulated buses and many other features, so compared with current sets it looks like a dinosaur.

I have to say I loved George's work and I mainly loved that he crossed the border and made a very wide array of vehicles all across Europe. Still I came to a conclusion, that the dead should remain burried and so I as well started creating my czechoslovak set anew.
Nicely said. But I think even old stuff has its charm. :) (We still play modification of Transport Tycoon, right?)
Have a nice day.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

By the way, aren't you planning freight trams?
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Not right now. Maybe someday in the future.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

gravelpit
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gravelpit »

Argus wrote: 13 Jan 2021 11:43 But the Long Vehicles set only has trucks, doesn't it?
German cars are old and out of date, and almost undetectable for download. I also used the Ikarus set, but recently Polroad and Timberwolf road vehicles have won ....
long vechicles set have bses f.e. my favorit ist189km/h Setra and my in and out side city Layland douuble deck 120 passengers
gravelpit
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gravelpit »

You a very funny guys :D
long vechicles set are old , True but if a mean the best for my i mean really that Polroad even not same at real . I not reconized(2x ore 4x even 8x)!! And i'm the Polish!
In your's Sets the cars cannot overtake and nobady tell me that hi use that lot simlar to that cars. Apologize and sorry if I was not nice :bow:
gravelpit
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gravelpit »

fridaemon wrote: 13 Jan 2021 11:27
gravelpit wrote: 13 Jan 2021 10:45
Long vehicle set is ugly to me. Terrible ratio to other objects. But it's to taste. My most favourite sets with buses are:
1. Slovak Buses Set (this one)
2. German Road Vehicles
3. Polroad
4. North Korean Vehicles Set (because of Trolleybuses)
I don't need more bus sets :bow:
It's any new fashion All makes graphic in 2CC technology!
Insane and writes that the Man ho makes the best Landscape Set i ever see!

Return to “Graphics Development”