Adding GS to scenarios

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Adding GS to scenarios

Post by Argus »

I know that changing graphics is not recommended, but can I add a script in the scenario editor? I have a number of scenarios where there is one big city and many small ones. After a few years, even with the slow growth of cities, a problem arises .... Large cities simply rise too much. It looks very strange then...
Firrel
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Adding GS to scenarios

Post by Firrel »

You can add a game script to an existing scenario. Open the scenario in the scenario editor, go to AI/GS settings and chose your GS.

Problem is when you want to change a GS setting, that would break the GS in a running game. It is safe to change it in the scenario (not renamed save file), but it is purposefully greyed out by the GS author, so it cant be changed in the running game. For that you need to go to the game script tar file, uncompress it and in the file info.nut, you can add the flag CONFIG_INGAME to the needed setting. So for example: flags = CONFIG_BOOLEAN | CONFIG_INGAME.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Adding GS to scenarios

Post by Argus »

Thanks. I don't need to change the script settings, there is none where I want to do it :) There is a city with 15,000 inhabitants at the very beginning, you can certainly imagine what it looks like only 20 years longer, :roll: Of course I'll save it under a different name so that I don't break the original scenario :)
Edit: Oh, he can't set the script even when editing the scenario, it doesn't matter, the default setting will suffice :)

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”