2019–20 coronavirus pandemic

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic

Post by GarryG »

Every election I seen including Australia and Philippines the out going President has always congratulated the incoming one. Will Trump be sportsman enough to congratulate Biden?
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
ASide8
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ASide8 »

No. He's really acting like a child on all this.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Nope, not at all. It's not in his nature to concede defeat and accept rejection. The rest of the US, and the world, isn't going to coddle him either. We're preparing to move forward.
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

I've just joined the Self-Isolation party! :lol: :x
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

Geo Ghost wrote: 20 Dec 2020 13:50 I've just joined the Self-Isolation party! :lol: :x
I've been lucky to escape the pleasure twice. Just hoping it doesn't actually happen.
Take a look at: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=74993
Why do it tomorrow when you can do it today
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

It's creeping in closer and closer to me. My grandmother was exposed to it a few months ago at a surprise family reunion where nobody was wearing masks and 3 family members who hugged her were diagnosed with it 2 days after the party. An uncle picked it up from work (firefighter), his entire shift caught it, and my aunt and his mom are probably infected as well. Girlfriend's niece picked it up, came to her house and gave it to her brother before she was diagnosed, then gave it to her mom & mom's BF AFTER diagnosis because mom insisted niece return her car. GF & Momma are OK.
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55391289 , https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... d-55385989 , In Scotland we were getting the bug under control , now a new buggy on the block , from the end of the week ,severe Xmas restrictions , after Xmas we are in Lockdown . I have said from day 1 Lock the door stop travel between infected areas , we in Lockdown yet can catch the bus to next town that is not in Lockdown for a pint . This decision has been taken too late should have Locked the door long ago .
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

piratescooby wrote: 21 Dec 2020 07:37 I have said from day 1 Lock the door stop travel between infected areas
So true what you said. No set a date or time when lockdown is to take place, do it immediately. We can not seem to trust many that know they have the virus to stay isolated so lockdown all the streets so no one allowed to enter or leave.
Soot Happens
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

The new strain of the virus reported in the UK, seemingly started in the London area. It's been estimated to add another 0.9 to the R rating of heavily affected areas at worst case.
London was thrown into Tier 4, a brand new tier specifically made for them, so that's nice, on the first day of it going into action, yesterday, Londons rail stations were flooded with people trying to get out of Tier 4 and back to a less tier area so they can enjoy going to restaurants or... something.

Those trying to escape on Thameslink north or south didn't get very far, with a low speed derailment forcing everyone to stand around stations close to each other, very good for reducing the coronavirus rate. Meanwhile, at London Kings Cross & St Pancras, people crammed into the station trying to board trains towards the North, again, a huge crowd of people stuck together waiting for trains. You can guarantee these same people will be the first to complain if there is another countrywide lockdown, helping possibly spread the new strain far and wide.
Last edited by Redirect Left on 21 Dec 2020 13:57, edited 1 time in total.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Can't we just get this bloody vaccine to the masses, everyone in the EU needs to work toge... oh you're not in it anymore? Oh well. At least you got rid of the person who lead you into this right? Oh? That's cool too.

Sorry, I'm just rather upset with the whole world right now and I'll use Mr. Johnson as my scapegoat of the day!
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Lot of people seem to blame the politicians .. it their mistake not lockdown immediately. They told us to wear masks, they told us to keep distance from others, they told us to stay isolated if we have the virus, but did we all listen and take notice ?( ..

I'm in Philippines still as can not get home to Australia yet. Mask always have to be warn when outside. Must wear mask and face shield if entering shops, using public transport or in a public place with other people. 2 foreigners in city I at was not wearing masks several days ago, so they got arrested and spent night in jail. (Some say they was Americans .. so probably Trump supporters). If have virus or been in contact with some one who has. You must isolate and they place Security guards and police at your home to make sure you stay there. If you try leave they have to power to use what ever force necessary to stop you including shooting you if need.
Soot Happens
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I was referring more to the fact the UK seems to have failed to take into account that the population can panic, and that humans are inherently selfish. Anyone should have been able to guess people would escape lockdown if there was a way to do so, and it clogged up the rails and probably contributed to another boost to the number of sick.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

I bet people are proud here in Philippines having illegal gatherings and parties for Christmas and spreading the virus even more. President considering to lock the country down again because of those idiots. I was hoping to return home to Australia in a few months time, but I doubt that will happen now.

Just think those who visit elderly parents and grand-parents when they asked not to for their safety, it most likely for some it be their last Christmas with them because of giving them the virus.
Soot Happens
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

Chrill wrote: 21 Dec 2020 15:34 I was referring more to the fact the UK seems to have failed to take into account that the population can panic, and that humans are inherently selfish. Anyone should have been able to guess people would escape lockdown if there was a way to do so, and it clogged up the rails and probably contributed to another boost to the number of sick.
The UK actually has also failed to take into account that the government are absolutely useless, clueless, selfish knobheads who'd rather do million & billion pound deals with their mates and supporters rather than actually do something about the whole situation, and are contempt in sacrificing thousands of peoples lives without much of a care as they can use "oh the economy" as an excuse, and continue to make the exact same mistakes time and time again which has ultimately led to the extreme situation we're in now.

Whilst there is a lot of blame with the general public of course - especially the holiday makers of the summer, there is a much higher blame with our absolutely USELESS government and the complete failed-career clown at the helm who can't even be bothered to brush his hair before going on TV. Anyone else in the world, if they made a huge mistake or error or judgement, they'd know "right, better not make that mistake again". Yet here, these muppets haven't learnt apparently and repeated the same mistake time and time again throughout the year and now here we are, cases nearly FIVE TIMES HIGHER than the peaks of our actual national Lockdown in April... and then a week ago we were still told we could mix households for Christmas and travel, could go to shops, go out to eat, go to work etc. The amount of people I saw travelling still (before I had to isolate) was astonishing. Shocking even.
Now cases are still skyrocketing and it's all "oh Merry Christmas!". Yeah, Merry go-sit-on-a-cactus Boris.

And what irritates me further is STILL people are claiming Coronavirus is a hoax, or not that bad, or 'just a flu'. Coupled with anti-vaxing morons on the rise.
Well to those people, feel free to come meet my best mate at the moment who has been bed ridden for a week and gets worse and worse everyday. I've never seen someone so ill out of a hospital and I'm trying my greatest to look after the guy whilst keeping distance and the place clean so I don't catch up.
"You must isolate for 10 days"... yeah, ganna need a lot longer than that :roll:

Merry Christmas from a ranting Geo
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
Geo Ghost wrote: 26 Dec 2020 14:25 The UK actually has also failed to take into account that the government are absolutely useless, clueless, selfish knobheads
Here in Germany saw different but art the same time similar picture.

Many German virologists and epidemiologists said since the early summer, that we need preparations for the coming fall and the winter and even the German chancelor (chancelorette?) Angela Merkel told this since the early fall. But the prime ministers of the german federated countries impeded effective policies because of "We want to do different things.", "We don't need to be so strict because of the low amount of cases." or "Not in my country!" .oO(because I want to be reelected next year). There was no preparations of the schools. No simple adaptions of and in the class rooms and buildings, no preparations for digital lessons and so on. Nothing except the mantra "The children are not drivers of the pandemy". No they aren't, but they are not unaffected. There was (practically) no preparations for retirement homes and only a few preparations for hospitals. All in all preparations was and are insufficient in every way.
Geo Ghost wrote: 26 Dec 2020 14:25 … Yeah, Merry go-sit-on-a-cactus Boris.
Ouch. :-))
Geo Ghost wrote: 26 Dec 2020 14:25 And what irritates me further is STILL people are claiming Coronavirus is a hoax, or not that bad, or 'just a flu'. Coupled with anti-vaxing morons on the rise.
This is absolutely no unique feature of the British people. :-/

In Germany you'll find regions and neighbourhoods with a strong influence of Corona deniers, where one is in danger to get attacked because of wearing a mask. It's far from everywhere but where the deniers think, that they have a safe harbour (being not isolated, being supported by the right wing parties), they act as they was the majority even they are not (not seldom in a violent manner).

To say it with the painter Max Liebermann: "I can't eat as much as I want to vomit."

Tschö, Auge
sevenfm
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sevenfm »

Speaking of corona/mask deniers, here in Russia you cannot buy anything in shop without mask, no one cares if you believe in coronavirus or not, you will not be serviced until you wear mask (at least it works for big shops where are cameras), because cashier will be fined for that, so most people just wear them (and they finally became very cheap now, half year ago simple surgical mask could cost like 1$, now the price dropped 10 times or more). Same for visiting official institutions, and if you actively refuse to wear the mask they can call cops and you will be fined for like 100$. There are also high fees for not wearing masks in transport, though it may depend on region and if there are cameras or not.
Also mass vaccination has just started, first for medical staff, hopefully it will help to stop the pandemic.
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

Farewell.. my sense of taste and smell.
100% gone! It's a very very weird feeling. Kinda disorientating. :?
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Geo Ghost wrote: 30 Dec 2020 14:58 Farewell.. my sense of taste and smell.
eesh. I hope you don't end up with a case of long-covid and you're back to you as soon as possible!

So far I have managed to evade COVID, although with also having multiple sclerosis, i'm not entirely sure how 'at risk' a group that puts me in. MS is basically just an immune system in overdrive, unfortunately it uses that overdrive to attack itself randomly. So I don't know if that means it also attacks other things with the same level of gusto it does to its own brain & spinal cord...
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

100% gone! It's a very very weird feeling. Kinda disorientating.
I'm in Philippines at moment and they been testing Virgin Coconot Oil on patiences with Covid-19 and it has a very high success rate. Say it will kill the virus. Maybe it will help you and others.

Wish you well.
Soot Happens
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Hope you get well soon mate!

--

My home city, and my current city have both entered Tier 4 restrictions this morning, having been Tier 3 for the longest time. I'm sick of lockdowns, but it's for the greater good, so we must persist with them.

As for my own personal experience with Covid, to my knowledge I've not had it (entirely plausible I was an asymptomatic carrier of course), but family and friends have.

Thankfully, the one friend who we thought it might do a lot of harm to is fit and healthy again after having it, which is extremely good news!

Return to “Off-Topic”