No industries on water spawning

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Grendelbiter
Engineer
Engineer

No industries on water spawning

Post by Grendelbiter »

I've been playing Openttd with FIRS but wanted to give ECS a try. When I generate a map no Industries spawn on water (Fisheries, harbors etc). In the scenario editor there are also none of those industries available to place. So i deactivated ECS and all other NewGRF's but still nothing spawns. So I uninstalled and reinstalled OpenTTD, still nothing. Then I tried deleting the OpenTTD directory in Documents to get rid of all downloaded NewGRF's but that didn't help either. I don't know what else to do. Please help.
2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: No industries on water spawning

Post by 2TallTyler »

I'm not familiar with ECS, but I suspect it doesn't include any water industries (or you haven't loaded the module which includes them). Otherwise they would show up in Scenario Editor.

With no NewGRFs enabled, the only water industry is the Oil Rig, which unlike other base game industries does not spawn during map generation. It is only created randomly during game play.
Grendelbiter
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Grendelbiter »

You're right, I've been playing with mods so long that I got confused what is in the base game. I loaded only the base module and the agriculture module for ECS and indeed fisheries do spawn. Not when I add all ECS modules though so there seems to be a bug with ECS.
Grendelbiter
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Grendelbiter »

After adding each ECS module one by one I determined that adding the ECS Town Vector prevents water Industries from spawning.
Grendelbiter
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Grendelbiter »

I solved the problem by putting the ECS Town Vector first in the loading order.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

As far as I remember, ECS even warns that the Town vector must be first

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”