JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by JGR »

MLG wrote: 18 Nov 2020 19:30 Hi JGR, some error for you:It is not latest version, because I have just noticed it. The error may still be present there, but can be fixed. I was in my local multiplayer game, and rerouting some trains due to new station. Newgrfs should be all at Bananas, if not, tell me, and I will send them in PM.
This particular issue should be fixed already in the most recent release.

Thanks for reporting it though.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
mak
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mak »

Hello JGR
I have been having a problem with Timberwolfs trains, it seems to me and him it my be a conflict in your patch as they run OK in OTTD 1.10.3 would you be so kind as to have look here at the thread.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=87283&p=1238287#p1238287
mak
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mak »

Very remiss of me to not thank you here for your help.
Thank you :bow:
Juergen p.
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Juergen p. »

Hi all,
sorry about my stupid question - but I'm "lost in space" :-(
I'm interesting mostly or only in the daylength-function of JGR's Patch, as this slow down the game, as far as I understood.
Is there really no other way to get this JGR's Patch Pack as download a lot of files and compile and do something else - what seems to be some "magic" for me. Is there not a way to download a deb-file or equal and install like it's for the basic game? I'm reading and searching in the forum for long time, may be I'm blind or stupid - I didn't fine anything like this :oops: . Nor I found a step-by-step instruction for all these download-compile-things.
I'm running LINUX-Mint 20/Vers. 4.6.7/64 Bit.
Many thanks in advance and best regards
Juergen
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Juergen p. wrote: 21 Nov 2020 18:30 Hi all,
sorry about my stupid question - but I'm "lost in space" :-(
I'm interesting mostly or only in the daylength-function of JGR's Patch, as this slow down the game, as far as I understood.
Is there really no other way to get this JGR's Patch Pack as download a lot of files and compile and do something else - what seems to be some "magic" for me. Is there not a way to download a deb-file or equal and install like it's for the basic game? I'm reading and searching in the forum for long time, may be I'm blind or stupid - I didn't fine anything like this :oops: . Nor I found a step-by-step instruction for all these download-compile-things.
I'm running LINUX-Mint 20/Vers. 4.6.7/64 Bit.
Many thanks in advance and best regards
Juergen
As far as I am aware no-one has made a .deb for any Debian-based distros.
Compiling on Linux is straightforward, and there are too many distros/variants/platforms for it to be practical to provide pre-compiled binaries for any significant subset of them.

If you follow the wiki page here, with a release source tarball from here, you should get a working build.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Juergen p.
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Juergen p. »

Hi JGR,
thanks for your answer.
The game itself is available as a deb, of course, but I don't see exactly how to bind the "source.zip" from github as you add the link above. Is it correct to download the source.zip, unpack and afterwards run the "make_bundle.sh"? But where have I to unpack und run the sh?
Many thanks for your help.
best regards
Juergen
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Juergen p. wrote: 22 Nov 2020 18:17 Hi JGR,
thanks for your answer.
The game itself is available as a deb, of course, but I don't see exactly how to bind the "source.zip" from github as you add the link above. Is it correct to download the source.zip, unpack and afterwards run the "make_bundle.sh"? But where have I to unpack und run the sh?
Many thanks for your help.
best regards
Juergen
Any empty directory will do.
Assuming that you have the dependencies as per the wiki page, running build.sh should be sufficient.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
jwax
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jwax »

Hi thanks for a great patch. I searched for an answer but can't find it in the thread. Is there a way to disable the polyline tool, I really don't like it and it slows me down a lot for the mountainous maps I usually work on.
jwax
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jwax »

jwax wrote: 23 Nov 2020 13:40 Hi thanks for a great patch. I searched for an answer but can't find it in the thread. Is there a way to disable the polyline tool, I really don't like it and it slows me down a lot for the mountainous maps I usually work on.
My bad, just notices they are both there :D im blind
Ragin1_
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ragin1_ »

Ik this is a feature that's been looked into before and hasn't been touched since but would you still consider implementing the public roads patch? It's probably the main feature I miss from when I transferred from jokers patch pack to yours.
viewtopic.php?t=77024
alc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by alc »

Hi,
I updated this spectacular patch pack recently and I used to see white lines when I click on a vehicle linking their orders. Now I only see the order numbers over the objects but not the lines. Is there a setting to get them?
For me it was a very usefull feature that would like to have again.

This patch pack is an incredible job. Many thanks!!

Alberto
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Ragin1_ wrote: 24 Nov 2020 03:22 Ik this is a feature that's been looked into before and hasn't been touched since but would you still consider implementing the public roads patch? It's probably the main feature I miss from when I transferred from jokers patch pack to yours.
viewtopic.php?t=77024
There is a GS which does this (MagicGS), that might be worth a try.
I was not planning on adding something like that, and my to do list is currently quite long, but I may look at it again at some point in future.
alc wrote: 25 Nov 2020 22:20 Hi,
I updated this spectacular patch pack recently and I used to see white lines when I click on a vehicle linking their orders. Now I only see the order numbers over the objects but not the lines. Is there a setting to get them?
For me it was a very usefull feature that would like to have again.

This patch pack is an incredible job. Many thanks!!

Alberto
You can change the "Show the vehicle's route" setting to show the lines again.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
stb
Engineer
Engineer

Post by stb »

Hello,

It seems drive-through train depot emulation works only from NE and NW side.
Do you have plan to remove this restriction?
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

stb wrote: 26 Nov 2020 06:30 Hello,

It seems drive-through train depot emulation works only from NE and NW side.
Do you have plan to remove this restriction?
It works fine in all directions here. If you could post a savegame I'll take a look.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
stb
Engineer
Engineer

Post by stb »

Sorry, I meant SE and SW. In these cases, trains move through depots. NW/NE entrances work like single depot.
Attachments
TTT.sav
(211.78 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
andreasaspenberg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by andreasaspenberg »

i found one critical issue. when using a scenario editor made map in multiplayer, all clients lag and drop. that is serious.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

stb wrote: 26 Nov 2020 11:23 Sorry, I meant SE and SW. In these cases, trains move through depots. NW/NE entrances work like single depot.
NW/NE entrances works fine in your savegame.
Choosing to go out rather than through is probably due to the strange track layout at Finwell. If you really want to trains to go through you could adjust your track layout such that that is the only or clearly preferable option for the train pathfinder.
andreasaspenberg wrote: 26 Nov 2020 11:45 i found one critical issue. when using a scenario editor made map in multiplayer, all clients lag and drop. that is serious.
If you could post more details and/or a savegame I'll take a look into it.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
andreasaspenberg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

my savegame you can get from google disk. here is the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EgKrJV ... sp=sharing
i uploaded it there because there does not seem to be a way to post it directly on the forum. i used the same GRFs on a randomly generated map before and that worked perfectly.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

andreasaspenberg wrote: 26 Nov 2020 12:26 my savegame you can get from google disk. here is the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EgKrJV ... sp=sharing
i uploaded it there because there does not seem to be a way to post it directly on the forum. i used the same GRFs on a randomly generated map before and that worked perfectly.
I'd suggest using a smaller map and/or one with less stuff on it if you want to do multiplayer.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
andreasaspenberg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

the editor only have one map size. that size also works perfectly when i use a generated map. please either fix the issue or remove the editor. no sense in having an editor when its maps does not work in multiplayer. i also did not place the uranium mines, power plants and those others. those appeared through the industry generator, which is disabled for all other industries.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”