City not growing

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

giladteller
Engineer
Engineer

City not growing

Post by giladteller »

As the subject suggests, I have a problem with a city not growing.
  • This is a sub-tropical map
    Town center is on a green square
    I am providing the city with a constant flow of everything: Passengers, mail, water, food, goods, and diamonds.
A few other bits of information: I started the game on version 1.8 and updated to 1.10.3. No growth on either versions.
I attached a screenshot with town and local authority windows open.
This game has been running for a long time.
What am I doing wrong? What am I missing with the town growth rules?
Attachments
Teller Sands Transport, Jun 27th, 2111.png
(2.12 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Signature??
I don't sign anything without my lawyer!!
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: City not growing

Post by Eddi »

make sure the cargo actually gets delivered, not just hoarded at the station with "transfer" orders.
giladteller
Engineer
Engineer

Post by giladteller »

Eddi wrote: 31 Oct 2020 17:37 make sure the cargo actually gets delivered, not just hoarded at the station with "transfer" orders.
No, you can see the station details in the screenshot. Cargo is accepted correctly.
Signature??
I don't sign anything without my lawyer!!
LaChupacabra
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by LaChupacabra »

The reason is clear: The station label is too far from the buildings. It may sound frivolous, but that's the mechanics of the game. For a station to be recognized as served by the city - no matter what and where you deliver (even coal to the power plant) - there must be some buildings belonging to the city within 3 spaces of the station label.

In the original city development model, the amount of cargo delivered does not have any impact on its development. Only the number of stations served is important - no matter how big or small the city is, for it to develop as quickly as possible, 5 stations must be served at least once every 50 days. Handling more stations will not change anything. Game scripts can change these conditions of city development into much more interesting and meaningful ones. Most of them also remove this dependency of the station label position.
I am sorry for may English. I know is bed.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”