Problem with French Train Set

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

bef123
Engineer
Engineer

Problem with French Train Set

Post by bef123 »

Hi, today I've downloaded from this site - http://rail.free.fr/deluxe/ - this set. I copied the file to the Newgrf folder but the newgrf manager in game doesn't see the set. I also create the newgrf.cfg file and paste the set in it as the instruction on the site suggest but also no effect. Could someone help me with it? Thanks

Cheers, Bef
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Problem with French Train Set

Post by Eddi »

any information concerning "newgrf.cfg" is outdated and refers to TTDPatch, not to OpenTTD.

make sure you unpacked the file you downloaded, as OpenTTD cannot read GRFs from compressed archives. the typical locations for manually installing can be found here: https://wiki.openttd.org/NewGRF#Manual_install

after installing the NewGRFs, they must be activated in the main menu, and then you need to start a new game. existing savegames and scenarios are not affected.
bef123
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bef123 »

I have already unpacked .grf file in my C:\documents\openttd\newgrf directory and also I've tried copy it to game directory under the newgrf directory where usualy I keep grf files which are working properly. Unfortunately game newgrf manager doesn't see that grf set so I can't add it to the new game.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

That version is old and outdated. Downloaded latest version in the first post of this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84269
bef123
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bef123 »

But it seems that this is only with narrow gauge french trains, right? I really care to have in the game well looking TGV in original livery.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”