AuzObjects

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: AuzObjects

Post by STD »

Now the Motel looks better on the outside :) .
And as for very long titles, it's worth looking at this. I agree with you that the object should not have a large header. I somehow didn't pay much attention to this, when I used various objects in the game.
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

STD wrote: 18 Sep 2020 05:30 Now the Motel looks better on the outside :) .
And as for very long titles, it's worth looking at this. I agree with you that the object should not have a large header. I somehow didn't pay much attention to this, when I used various objects in the game.
For those of us who have desktop and large monitors we not notice the problem with the long names. It was brought to my attention long time back and I started reducing some, but got side tracked into other projects then forgot.

I think I can upload AuzTownObjects in about an hours time .. what I done might work well with those who entering the screenshot competition as the subject is BEACHES. So some nice parks and path ways around the foreshores might go well.

Cheers
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Here the AuzWaterObjects update.

Changelog:

* Baseball and Cricket grounds removed the mowed lawns
* The new caravans I did several weeks or more ago .. they now have Multi-Select Menu.
* Golf Buggy Roads paths been re-surfaced and will now join other path ways.
* Holiday Units now have multi-select menu.
* Motor Inn added corner units .. (see image a few posts above)
* Added parklands with Gardens .. (see image a few posts above)
* Some houses now have gardens in front of the houses.
* Playgrounds lawns removed.
* Playgrounds have new graphics and pathways that will join the Golf Buggy Roads.
* Added more path ways .. (see image a few posts above)
* Shortened some description names. (unfortunate these shorter names will not work if your using other object .. hope those coders will shorten their description names eventually as well).

I think that all the changes ..

Because of the Multi-select menus this will interfer with any game you have in progress where you used parts of the previous AuzTownObjects. Sorry about that, but only way I could make room to add new items.

Enjoy .. please keep ideas coming as still room for 54 more items.
Attachments
AuzTownObjects.grf
(4.6 MiB) Downloaded 71 times
Soot Happens
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I found some bugs in the updated set of AuzTownObjects. grf:
In the first case, the path creation is displayed incorrectly, although this may have been intended by the author. When connecting two or more paths, everything falls into place, but there is a noticeable lack of lampposts. Also, the image does not match what you can actually put as the object you are looking for. In the second case, everything is fine at first glance. But there is clearly no arrangement of benches with a path and a lamppost in the other direction, as shown in the first case.
And in General, there are not enough benches themselves in different locations in combination with a lamppost or flowers. In general, I checked the entire updated set, no other bugs were found.
screenshot#1.png
(94.91 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot.png
(91.77 KiB) Not downloaded yet
In general, I was very pleased with the large number of new objects for creating a park and other recreation areas. Cool :D . Thank you for your work, GarryG :bow: .

Regards, STD (Aleksey.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

STD wrote: 18 Sep 2020 16:41 I found some bugs in the updated set of AuzTownObjects. grf:
In the first case, the path creation is displayed incorrectly, although this may have been intended by the author.
That a problem with autolay .. there are 16 tiles plus 1 slope piece and it will only show No.5 of the tiles in the purchase menu no matter what direction you wish to lay the path.

I did separate a few tiles to use on their own, but forgot to code them in to the NML file :oops:
gardens2.png
gardens2.png (43.66 KiB) Viewed 2064 times
Probably could make all the tiles in autolay as signal pieces, but to do that will upset coding as would need to change ID numbers to fit them in so they display in correct area unless :roll: .

I separate the parks from the sports .. where I have " Auz: Parks and Sports " I change it and have to separate ones " Auz: Parks" and " Auz: Sports ". (This I feel would be a good idea as I working on new cricket grounds. Want to make it a 3x3 tile instead of 2x2 and put cricket players on the field Might be able to do same to the baseball field as well)
Cricket.png
Cricket.png (4.31 KiB) Viewed 2064 times
If no one has any objections .. I will separate the Parks and Sports and separate more pieces from the "Pathways Autolay" in the mean time I play around with the cricket.

EDIT: Up to you if you down load the game file below or wait a few more hours .. as I almost finished the cricket grounds and hope have them coded in today.

Here the update of the game file ..
Attachments
AuzTownObjects.grf
(4.69 MiB) Downloaded 54 times
Soot Happens
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Finished the larger 3x3 cricket fields .. the older 2x2 version is still available if prefer.

There 4 cricket grounds .. one without any players and other 3 with a cricket game in progress.
Cricket2.png
Cricket2.png (39.7 KiB) Viewed 2043 times
Here the update to game file with the new cricket grounds.
Attachments
AuzTownObjects.grf
(4.85 MiB) Downloaded 60 times
Soot Happens
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Thought I would work on a few other sporting fields and put some players in the fields.

I changed the graphics to the baseball object.
baseball.png
baseball.png (7.65 KiB) Viewed 2013 times
I not coded it in yet as waiting to see what opinion is about the question I asked just a moment ago.

If no one has any objections .. I will separate the Parks and Sports and separate more pieces from the "Pathways Autolay" ..

It will mean I split the " Auz: Parks and Sports " and have to separate ones " Auz: Parks" and " Auz: Sports " But I not do this this weekend .. I try have it read for next weekend

Cheers
Soot Happens
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I just made an example of a Park using the available NewGRF's. It turned out very well. So now you can create even more different vacation spots in the game :wink: .
Park.png
(351.75 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I agree with what you decided to divide into "Auz: Parks" and "Auz: Sports". It will be more convenient to choose among the available objects that belong to the desired section :) .

Sports fields look very good with people :D . Before that, they were empty. You can also add bike paths, other types of sports fields: for volleyball, football, and more :D .

Regards, STD (Aleksey).
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

STD wrote: 19 Sep 2020 09:50 I just made an example of a Park using the available NewGRF's. It turned out very well. So now you can create even more different vacation spots in the game .
Very nice and they blend in well with other objects you used from other source.
STD wrote: 19 Sep 2020 09:50 I agree with what you decided to divide into "Auz: Parks" and "Auz: Sports". It will be more convenient to choose among the available objects that belong to the desired section .
Will make this change .. and the path aware I think it will be better if I made it a multi-select menu .. top can be 8 or 9 different straight pieces .. 2nd row be Curved pieces, 3rd row be T-Junctions, and bottom row can be X-Junctions and other fancy pieces. Like I did for the paths with the flowers.

When I think of it .. probably could make multi-select menus for the bike path and add white or yellow line down the middle :roll: Just 1 ID for 36 tiles.
STD wrote: 19 Sep 2020 09:50 Sports fields look very good with people . Before that, they were empty. You can also add bike paths, other types of sports fields: for volleyball, football, and more .
Football fields usually fit inside a cricket ground, so I should be able to a few different types of sporting fields to go in a 3x3 or 2x3 tiles.

If I going to make some sporting fields what about furnitue to go around the field for the spectators.

Has any one done any bleachers (that the seating that looks a bit like steps) in their projects or any other furntitue that is seen around sporting fields?

Any how I will start on some of those ideas tomorrow.

Cheers

EDIT: If I going to make bike ways .. who going to a make the bikes to go on them?
Soot Happens
fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

STD wrote: 19 Sep 2020 09:50
U used this graphic in very nice arrangement! U inspire me ;)
ImageImageImageImageImage
Beach Objects * Shopping Centres * Skyscrapers * Garage Entrances
Modular Warehouses * Trucks & Buses Parking Lots * Bus Depots * Bus Terminals
Road Waypoints * Road Stops * Eyecandy Objects * Building Set

Winner of the Screenshot of 09/20, 11/20, 02/21, 06/21, 07/21, 05/22 and 06/22.:twisted:
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Image of some of the white fences I did this evening.
fences2.png
fences2.png (46.21 KiB) Viewed 1857 times
I stole the fence off one of my railway stations.

These fences are 2 sets that are multi-select.

One set has normal corners, straights, straight with path and bottom row has some corner and some straight with a small gate.

Be several days or more before I have the new paths ready. Also been thinking to multi-select the other paths to make room for a new set with a different lights and different colour seats so have a variety .. but that is on a to-do-maybe list.

Past my bed time so good night all
Soot Happens
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gadg8eer »

GarryG wrote: 19 Sep 2020 14:11 Image of some of the white fences I did this evening.

fences2.png

I stole the fence off one of my railway stations.

These fences are 2 sets that are multi-select.

One set has normal corners, straights, straight with path and bottom row has some corner and some straight with a small gate.

Be several days or more before I have the new paths ready. Also been thinking to multi-select the other paths to make room for a new set with a different lights and different colour seats so have a variety .. but that is on a to-do-maybe list.

Past my bed time so good night all
I have a bit of a problem with AuzBeachObjects... The maximum speed of the beach road was 36 mph, but this means when when using MagicGS that setting the top speed of town to town roads at 30 km/h gives beach roads disproportionate usage. While I understand I can use other speeds, it would be nice if setting the difficulty actually changed the speed to a more realistic speed, such as 10 mph (16 km/h). Otherwise I have to either mess with MagicGS settings or not use your beach objects at all.
I have Asperger's, please be easy on me about stuff. My apologies if I've been a problem for you in the past.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Gadg8eer wrote: 19 Sep 2020 23:35 I have a bit of a problem with AuzBeachObjects... The maximum speed of the beach road was 36 mph,
I be working on the beach objects in a few days time, so I will reduce the speed. (That will disappoint the lead footers :D ). But I like a more realistic speeds too.

Cheers
Soot Happens
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gadg8eer »

GarryG wrote: 19 Sep 2020 23:55
Gadg8eer wrote: 19 Sep 2020 23:35 I have a bit of a problem with AuzBeachObjects... The maximum speed of the beach road was 36 mph,
I be working on the beach objects in a few days time, so I will reduce the speed. (That will disappoint the lead footers :D ). But I like a more realistic speeds too.

Cheers
Thanks! Yeah, aside from realism, it turns out MagicGS chooses the best road possible for a given road connection if all road types are slower than the maximum speed chosen in the script. So thanks again, because without a more reasonable speed, MagicGS always builds beach roads in the early game.
I have Asperger's, please be easy on me about stuff. My apologies if I've been a problem for you in the past.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Gadg8eer wrote: 20 Sep 2020 00:33 Thanks! Yeah, aside from realism, it turns out MagicGS chooses the best road possible for a given road connection if all road types are slower than the maximum speed chosen in the script. So thanks again, because without a more reasonable speed, MagicGS always builds beach roads in the early game.
You can have the update now as not take long to make those changes. (Hope it works properly now)

I changed the speed selection to just 2 .. default which be a more realistic speed, (10 MPH or 16 KM/H), and no speed limit for those who like to go fast.

So in the Parameter settings can adjust if want MPH or KM/H and can choose if want normal speed or no speed limit.
Attachments
AuzBeachObjects.grf
(4.54 MiB) Downloaded 53 times
Soot Happens
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Experimenting best way to display the objects and also use the multi-select menu if possible.

The pathways biggest problem as so many designs so came up with this idea.

The multi-select menu will just have 4 to choose from.
Multi-Select Pathways.png
Multi-Select Pathways.png (10.22 KiB) Viewed 1726 times
For instance the curves. Instead of 4 different menus .. they be all included together in one menu.

Each row just have 4 it will randomly chose in the multi-select menu.

Each time you click it will have the direction you want, just a matter choosing which one of the 4 you would prefer.

This one has 8 in each of the 4 items, but all 8 facing same direction .. just a matter of clicking through the choices which one you prefer.
whitefence02_32.png
whitefence02_32.png (89.13 KiB) Viewed 1726 times
Hope you like this idea .. it will allow me to add more path and park objects and they be sort in a way that easier for you to use and find what you want.

Hope that explains it ok.
Soot Happens
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I agree with you completely :D . For me, it is quite convenient to choose from several objects. I had another idea while you were working on parks and paths: tunnels and pedestrian bridges, as well as crooked dirt or other paths in the forest. The essence of the last offer: you have a place to relax on the outskirts of the city, and then start forest trails deep into the thicket or taiga, to the lake, river and other interesting and exciting places :D .

To be completely idealized, in the future I would like to be able to use all this on winter maps where there is a lot of snow. For example, in combination with a Christmas tree and other decorations. You have very little snow in Australia, so there's probably no need to make winter sprites.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

STD wrote: 20 Sep 2020 05:07 I agree with you completely . For me, it is quite convenient to choose from several objects.
Glad you liked the idea. I made several multi-select menu object sets for the Pathways and gardens.

Added a few extra path combinations and another red phone booth with 2 phones.

Now have brick fence and the white fence. Wondering if make a full set again with different more modern type lights?
STD wrote: I had another idea while you were working on parks and paths: tunnels and pedestrian bridges, as well as crooked dirt or other paths in the forest.
There is some subway entrances in the path set. And I have a goat track which I made some time ago .. probably be nice to also put a copy of that with the paths in this set too.

"fridaemon" is making some great subway entrances (for underground parking) .. maybe he let me use some of those in the parks as well and these could appear to go under the roads.
STD wrote: To be completely idealized, in the future I would like to be able to use all this on winter maps where there is a lot of snow.
Almost all my pathways are snow aware .. the only ones that are not are those I forgot to do. Hope finish those eventually. Only problem with the snow , can see the people walking through it, but it so thick it covered all the pathways. :roll: Got no one employed to sweep the snow away.

Now have room for 76 more object pieces compared to 34 yesterday. So plenty room for more.

When I upload the new version, (hope tomorrow or day after) it WILL destroy all your hard work in game where you have used a previous version of AuzTownObjects .. they will need to be all rebuilt, but with the new features the rebuild should make them look better.

Just a few more to make multi-select and then the main work to this be finished. After I do those will upload the latest version. After that it be just adding new stuff with no more changes to the IDs.
Attachments
Pathways_1.png
Pathways_1.png (75.92 KiB) Viewed 1646 times
Soot Happens
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

If you talk about the design of parks, you can also do this: depending on the year in the game, lamps and benches of the current era are used. At an earlier time before 1950, for example, one type of bench and lamp, and after 1950, more modern, finally, from 1990-2000, benches and lamps that correspond to our time.
All that remains is to use the code to organize all this so that each type is available at each time period :wink: .

I tried to build several pedestrian paths in the snow. Yes, you can see people, but some pedestrian paths display a different sprite in the snow: for example, just a fence without a lamppost. I suggest you check it out later, because even the heaviest snowfall doesn't cover the lampposts all the way to the top. This is already a very strong snow storm, like in science fiction films about the end of the world, for example :lol: .

I understand that multi-selection will be for all objects that you are currently working on. In other words, you will also redo all the other sets in the future for this function :) ?
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

STD wrote: 20 Sep 2020 12:25 If you talk about the design of parks, you can also do this: depending on the year in the game, lamps and benches of the current era are used. At an earlier time before 1950, for example, one type of bench and lamp, and after 1950, more modern, finally, from 1990-2000, benches and lamps that correspond to our time.
All that remains is to use the code to organize all this so that each type is available at each time period .
Sorry .. to much new coding I need to try learn .. If I never learnt 32 bits objects and never learnt the multi-select I probably have a lot more down and not cuase players headaches repairing the damage I cause :roll: :oops:

Doing another set with a different lighting and maybe different bench colour would be sufficient. But before I do that I see what sporting fields I can make.
STD wrote: 20 Sep 2020 12:25 I tried to build several pedestrian paths in the snow. Yes, you can see people, but some pedestrian paths display a different sprite in the snow: for example, just a fence without a lamppost.

Maybe the snow storm got so bad it blew the post over :D I will check them out tomorrow and see if can fix. :roll:
I understand that multi-selection will be for all objects that you are currently working on. In other words, you will also redo all the other sets in the future for this function :) ?
I mainly doing sets where I need more IDs for future additions.

AuzCreekAndDrainObjects could be one of them as only room for 38 more in that set.
AuzRoadAndRailObjects is another with 41 IDs left.
AuzWaterObjects only has 11 left but I have 107 in the AuzWaterAddOns so it might be ok.

But all those above depends on new ideas.

I think the rest (AuzBeachObjects, AuzCarParksAndSubwayOverlays, AuzFarm, AuzIndustryObjects, AuzPowerAndTelephoneObjects,
AuzRattRoadsObjects, AuzFenceObjects ) are ok at this stage .. plenty spare room in them all.

AuzCarParksAndSubwayOverlays .. like to eventually re-do or add some multi-story car parks .. I started them some time ago, but keep getting side tracked.

By the way I added the Goat Tracks to the camping section.
GoatTracks.png
GoatTracks.png (45.56 KiB) Viewed 1606 times
These will go along side the slopes and some have people on them and some Scout groups.
Soot Happens

Return to “Graphics Development”