AuzObjects

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: AuzObjects

Post by Gadg8eer »

Fredinho wrote: 15 Sep 2020 22:12 Maybe I didn't explain myself well enough :) I started a new scenario with only the new graphics set, and when I try to build certain of the industry buildings, they turn up as mine shafts / tracks / etc.
I've been curating the newgrfs I use, and I can confirm this is an issue even when making a new game.
I have Asperger's, please be easy on me about stuff. My apologies if I've been a problem for you in the past.
fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

Oh, I understand now.

Much more problem we have is that GarryG has disappeared. Hope He's Ok. Maybe he went crazy from creating so many graphics as he did this year. :shock:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Beach Objects * Shopping Centres * Skyscrapers * Garage Entrances
Modular Warehouses * Trucks & Buses Parking Lots * Bus Depots * Bus Terminals
Road Waypoints * Road Stops * Eyecandy Objects * Building Set

Winner of the Screenshot of 09/20, 11/20, 02/21, 06/21, 07/21, 05/22 and 06/22.:twisted:
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

fridaemon wrote: 16 Sep 2020 06:42 Oh, I understand now.

Much more problem we have is that GarryG has disappeared. Hope He's Ok. Maybe he went crazy from creating so many graphics as he did this year. :shock:
He last logged in 3 days ago. That's hardly "disappeared".
fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

kamnet wrote: 16 Sep 2020 08:01
fridaemon wrote: 16 Sep 2020 06:42 Oh, I understand now.

He last logged in 3 days ago. That's hardly "disappeared".
We write together every day for three months and this time It's the first time he hasn't logged ;)
ImageImageImageImageImage
Beach Objects * Shopping Centres * Skyscrapers * Garage Entrances
Modular Warehouses * Trucks & Buses Parking Lots * Bus Depots * Bus Terminals
Road Waypoints * Road Stops * Eyecandy Objects * Building Set

Winner of the Screenshot of 09/20, 11/20, 02/21, 06/21, 07/21, 05/22 and 06/22.:twisted:
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Hi All,

I back.

We had no internet here since late Sunday night and only been fixed today, Thursday. Also no power until early Tuesday morning.

Heard what sounded like Thunder around 2 am Monday morning and soon after power went off. Thought if was caused by a storm.

Turned out what I thought was thunder was a transformer in power pole front of the lane way were I live exploded and cause that and another power pole to catch fire. Also 3 house near other pole also caught fire.

Lucky storm did come with heavy rain and put fires out as fire truck had trouble controlling them. 3 houses ended up getting damaged. The power poles also have the Internet, TV and Phone cables that also got damaged.

Damage to power poles meant no power till Tuesday .. Monday was boring .. no TV, no computers, no internet, no lights at night.

Internet finally got restored this Thursday morning.

I roughly read what message you guys left me .. will see what I can do as soon as I can.

Cheers all
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Hi all,

Sorry for the bugs in AuzIndObjects .. brought a can of bug spray today and to try remove those bugs.

Silly computer allowing those bugs to enter in the first place .. it made me type in the wrong ID numbers for those Mine pieces. :oops:

Here the new update.
AuzIndObjects.grf
(2.19 MiB) Downloaded 87 times
While I had no inter last few days added some more Truck Terminals ..
Warehouse 4.png
Warehouse 4.png (51.51 KiB) Viewed 1992 times
Also been playing around with AuzTownObjects.

I changed the Golf Buggy Roads with same pathways as some other s so they all can be used together. Now have a good range of path ways.

But still working on them so show you image of it soon.

Cheers
Soot Happens
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gadg8eer »

GarryG wrote: 17 Sep 2020 03:49 Hi All,

I back.

We had no internet here since late Sunday night and only been fixed today, Thursday. Also no power until early Tuesday morning.

Heard what sounded like Thunder around 2 am Monday morning and soon after power went off. Thought if was caused by a storm.

Turned out what I thought was thunder was a transformer in power pole front of the lane way were I live exploded and cause that and another power pole to catch fire. Also 3 house near other pole also caught fire.

Lucky storm did come with heavy rain and put fires out as fire truck had trouble controlling them. 3 houses ended up getting damaged. The power poles also have the Internet, TV and Phone cables that also got damaged.

Damage to power poles meant no power till Tuesday .. Monday was boring .. no TV, no computers, no internet, no lights at night.

Internet finally got restored this Thursday morning.

I roughly read what message you guys left me .. will see what I can do as soon as I can.

Cheers all
I'm so glad you're okay! It would be sad if we lost another GRF dev this year.
I have Asperger's, please be easy on me about stuff. My apologies if I've been a problem for you in the past.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

This a quickly prepared image of what I doing to the pathways and parks.

The previous brick fences parks and the golf course buggy roads can now be joined along with some other paths and parks I done.
newpathways.png
newpathways.png (41.2 KiB) Viewed 1961 times
They are almost all snow aware and I added people to most of them.

Also been removing the lawns so that these can be used in all Climates and you will have the natural ground looks.

Tell you more in a day or so. Try have something ready for the weekend.

Cheers
Soot Happens
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

This option looks very nice :D . This is about how I imagine a Park or square in OpenTTD. If desired, you can also add different types of flowers and shrubs, which will add even more variety when creating recreation areas. This thought I had for a long time probably for the current moment. You can also link paths to fountains or statues. For example, there is a path with flower beds, shrubs, and small trees on the side, then the path is divided so that a fountain, monument, or something else is located in the middle. This is food for thought and the possibility of adding this to the game :wink: .

Regards, STD (Aleksey).
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

STD wrote: 17 Sep 2020 10:23 This option looks very nice . This is about how I imagine a Park or square in OpenTTD.
Glad you like it .. that one good thing about the multi-select menus it allows me to add more objects as before I was running out of IDs.
STD wrote: 17 Sep 2020 10:23 If desired, you can also add different types of flowers and shrubs, which will add even more variety when creating recreation areas.
Every intention of adding some flowers. Something like the ones in my AuzStationNonTracks.
Soot Happens
Kruemelchen
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Kruemelchen »

I'm glad to hear you're well up :)
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

STD wrote: 17 Sep 2020 10:23 This is about how I imagine a Park or square in OpenTTD. If desired, you can also add different types of flowers and shrubs
Here a look at the flowers I planted (after I stole them from someone elses set :roll: ).
gardens.png
gardens.png (62.82 KiB) Viewed 1860 times
Not sure what I will do about shrubs yet .. see if I can get some cuttings from other places.
Kruemelchen wrote: 17 Sep 2020 12:16 I'm glad to hear you're well up
Thanks pal
Soot Happens
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Now I see that you have almost all of these things available to create a full-fledged Park. As for the bushes, you can use them as from other similar sets (it seems like it turns out well, but it's better to have everything in one set than to collect a bunch of different ones :lol: ), or you can create several types of shrubs and small trees based on what you have seen in parks, alleys, squares and other recreation areas in Australia :D . Moreover, I think this option is the most correct in this case. Although you may well have your own opinion.

I also forgot something. Make more options for placing benches relative to the paths. Now when using straight paths without turning anywhere, there are no benches on the sides, which creates the effect of emptiness.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

AuzObjectAddOns Update.

This set over the past week or so I made the following changes: (Most are in the last release)

ChangeLog:
* Bus Bays
* Added another set of BusBays .. same buses with concrete ground tiles.
* Have a choice with or with out lights.
* Added paths to the busbays.

* Truck Terminals
* re-coded some of them so they now have a multi-selection menu (I did this to free up IDs so that I could add more to the set) ..
(unfortunately did not do many saved games much good as a lot of players had to re-build their truck terminals)
* Added some new Truck Terminals .. images of them can be found above and previous page.

* Trucks
* These too have been re-coded with the multi-select menu. (More headaches for players in their saved games)
* Another set of trucks been added with different ground tiles

Would you like other types of trucks added as objects such as dump trucks, tankers and others :?: :?: :?:

Good news .. future issues will have new parts added .. there be NO more re-coding or changing IDs in the AuzObjectAddOns. So once you re-build what in your saved game now, you should not have that problem again from the AuzObjectAddOns set.

Cheers all
Attachments
AuzObjectsAddOns.grf
(6.64 MiB) Downloaded 94 times
Soot Happens
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I fully support the possibility of using other types of trucks as objects. This is often not enough when you want to decorate as realistic as possible around a particular industry. I think others will say about the same opinion.

And another good idea about decorating parks and other similar places. Can I use: different types of fences together with elements of recreation areas (a combination of paths and fences on the same tile, flowers and fences, trees and fences, shrubs and flowerbeds with fences, and other options)? In reality, there are many types of fences, and you already have a ready-made set of fences that can be easily used in conjunction with what I described in the above sentences :D .
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

STD wrote: 17 Sep 2020 13:45 I fully support the possibility of using other types of trucks as objects. This is often not enough when you want to decorate as realistic as possible around a particular industry. I think others will say about the same opinion.
Will work on those soon as I can .. guess not need so many like the container ones .. even if I do about 4 designs in each of the 4 directions.
STD wrote: 17 Sep 2020 13:45 different types of fences together with elements of recreation areas (a combination of paths and fences on the same tile
Because the park goes along side of a road on at least one side, a bit hard to use fences from my AuzFences, so probably could do another set or 2 with that are see through .. wire mesh maybe, but not very high.
and maybe something like this (stole it from one of my station platforms).
fences.png
fences.png (2.88 KiB) Viewed 1762 times
flowers and fences, trees and fences, shrubs and flowerbeds with fences,
I not sure if I do all of these but do some. For trees I like the big shade trees.
Soot Happens
Ljp
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ljp »

While you are landscaping Garry, could you do some single tile gardens to attach to your houses. Makes for nice green towns. Great to have you back we missed you. That is quite eventful that you have had and I am glad you are ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I also came up with ideas for parks and gardens and the like: changing the amount of greenery on trees (for example, VAST (Objects) 0.3.0, where depending on the time of year in the game, some trees are either covered with greenery or stand without it). In your case, you can do so, although it is probably long and painstaking. I am weak on this issue. You can do the following: less leaves in spring, maximum in summer, color change in autumn (connecting a different sprite), and no leaves at all in winter. I think that there are users who can help you with this issue.

As for Parking for different types of cars. There are also such ideas: in addition to different types of trucks and cars, you can try to put tractors, loaders, minibuses, buses. Again, you have ready-made sprites, try to alternate different types of machines in different ways. It also depends on the purpose: for the industry-more special equipment is required, for shops and shopping centers-cars, small trucks. And for the latter, you already have ready-made solutions in the form of made Parking lots :D .

These are just examples of what you can do if you want. I will be interested to see your further ideas. Good luck in this field :wink: .

I'm glad you're all right :) . It's really unpleasant when something happens very close to your place of residence.

Regards, STD (Aleksey).
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Ljp wrote: 17 Sep 2020 15:38 While you are landscaping Garry, could you do some single tile gardens to attach to your houses. Makes for nice green towns. Great to have you back we missed you. That is quite eventful that you have had and I am glad you are ok.
That a idea that Romazoon had with some houses he made. Instead of 1x1 size he made them 2x1 and have them a back yard. The houses I already made, maybe if I remove the back fences and add a yard should go well.
STD wrote: 17 Sep 2020 17:00 I also came up with ideas for parks and gardens and the like: changing the amount of greenery on trees (for example, VAST (Objects) 0.3.0, where depending on the time of year in the game, some trees are either covered with greenery or stand without it). In your case, you can do so, although it is probably long and painstaking. I am weak on this issue. You can do the following: less leaves in spring, maximum in summer, color change in autumn (connecting a different sprite), and no leaves at all in winter. I think that there are users who can help you with this issue.
Sorry I don't think I will go that far . Best a person can do for this is to use the default trees from the game. It gives you a variety of different trees to use.
STD wrote: 17 Sep 2020 17:00 As for Parking for different types of cars. There are also such ideas: in addition to different types of trucks and cars, you can try to put tractors, loaders, minibuses, buses. Again, you have ready-made sprites, try to alternate different types of machines in different ways. It also depends on the purpose: for the industry-more special equipment is required, for shops and shopping centers-cars, small trucks. And for the latter, you already have ready-made solutions in the form of made Parking lots .
This I like to try to work on when get chance .. I have the sprites from Polroad Road Vehicles so can use those.

The trucks I already done .. I think they could be improved .. looking at images on internet of Distribution centers and they almost all have big semi-trailer container trucks. So like to look further into these and separate the big semi and the smaller trucks.

But today I see if can get some work done to the Parks and gardens and hope have something ready for uploading for the weekend.

Cheers all
Soot Happens
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Mentioned to me many moons ago and again last night in my Auz Station Sets forum .. us coders are giving objects, stations and other projects too long of a name and description.

This makes it hard for those of you who have small screens to play on.

As often because of a long description it takes up all your screen.

So if you see any of my stuff you think the name is too long, please let me know.

I been shortening what I can, but I could miss some or maybe you can think of a shorter name for it.

In the mean time I added another piece to the Motor Inn. Now had some corner units.
MotorInn.png
MotorInn.png (34.88 KiB) Viewed 1587 times
Before I add new pieces to the AuzTownObjects, I will fix up what there is already in set so can get it uploaded. Once I do that be no more changing IDs and coding to what is in the next upload. Future uploads will just be additions so should not upset any games in progress.

Cheers all
Soot Happens

Return to “Graphics Development”