Having a problem compiling the XIS GRF.

Discussions about the technical aspects of graphics development, including NewGRF tools and utilities.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Having a problem compiling the XIS GRF.

Post by Gadg8eer »

I'm trying to compile the source code for XIS (Extreme Industry Set) on Windows 10, but I'm having trouble with using the "make" command in bash.

Code: Select all

bash -c "make -b -r -R"

Code: Select all

make: execvp: python3.6: Permission denied
make: *** [Makefile:78: docs] Error 127
I'm trying to use a batch file to compile XIS for testing purposes but this error is preventing me from doing so and google turned up nothing about how to fix it. Anyone know what the problem might be?
I have Asperger's, please be easy on me about stuff. My apologies if I've been a problem for you in the past.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Having a problem compiling the XIS GRF.

Post by planetmaker »

Sounds like you don't have the right to execute python. If it is not an installation issue, then maybe a permissions error with the directories you are working in?

In order to analyse such errors it usually needs the complete error log, including relevant paths etc.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

I can't help you here unfortunately, I use Linux to compile XIS and anything Python-related
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gadg8eer »

Emperor Jake wrote: 27 Aug 2020 09:50 I can't help you here unfortunately, I use Linux to compile XIS and anything Python-related
Well, considering that you've decided to use some of the ECS graphics, I suppose I'll just give up on trying to make an ECS-compatible version of XIS. Thanks for letting me know that I'd need Linux.
I have Asperger's, please be easy on me about stuff. My apologies if I've been a problem for you in the past.
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gadg8eer »

planetmaker wrote: 27 Aug 2020 08:35 Sounds like you don't have the right to execute python. If it is not an installation issue, then maybe a permissions error with the directories you are working in?

In order to analyse such errors it usually needs the complete error log, including relevant paths etc.
Any chance you can tell me how to get an error log?

Return to “NewGRF Technical Discussions”