Tram suggestions?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

L. Spooner Inc
Engineer
Engineer

Tram suggestions?

Post by L. Spooner Inc »

I decided to try a game with just vehicles and trams, downloaded a few tram options, and discovered midway through my game that cargo trams just became obsolete and I can't even replace the ones I currently have, which is annoying. Looking through some of the trams I have, I'm discovering they're really unbalanced, some of them with 500+ passengers and no operating costs. Does anyone have a suggested list of trams files for a balanced game? I'm not looking for historical accuracy, just something to let me experiment with strategies for making use of trams as part of a vehicles-only game.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Tram suggestions?

Post by Emperor Jake »

Mop's Generic RV has some nice passenger and cargo trams for all eras :wink:
L. Spooner Inc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by L. Spooner Inc »

Emperor Jake wrote: 02 Aug 2020 15:12 Mop's Generic RV has some nice passenger and cargo trams for all eras :wink:
I'll give it a shot, thanks.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

L. Spooner Inc wrote: 02 Aug 2020 11:21 I'm discovering they're really unbalanced, some of them with 500+ passengers and no operating costs.
If you're using 2CC Trams, the passenger counts are realistic historical numbers and not game balanced. There are operating costs that are calculated, but there are some bugs which prevent this from being displayed properly. We're working on it. :)

Road Hog is a good game-balanced set of trams. If you look through the discussion forum you will find an unofficial NRT-enabled version.

Return to “General OpenTTD”