Cargo/Passengers waiting not showing

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

johnmark
Engineer
Engineer

Cargo/Passengers waiting not showing

Post by johnmark »

I have installed a fresh instance of OpenTTD using the simplest of formats - OpenGFX and OpenSFX. WhenI started using (single player by myself) I could see the numbers of passengers waiting and the goods waiting at stations. These indicators have now disapeared and even if I start new games they do not show. It's hard to judge how many vehicles to send to a station when you don't know what is waiting. Can anyone tell me where the numbers have gone and how do I get them back? PS I'm a 'newbie' in that I have returned to this sim after a long time (and still have the original disk somewhere). Thanks
odisseus
Director
Director

Re: Cargo/Passengers waiting not showing

Post by odisseus »

When you click on the station, you'll see a window with the summary of the cargo waiting and many other details.

Some additions to the game (such as Industrial Stations Renewal and Japanese Stations) provide station designs that change their appearance depending on the amount of stockpiled cargo.
Attachments
clay.png
clay.png (69.48 KiB) Viewed 1483 times
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

Check the button that says "Amount: Waiting" on odisseus' screenshot. If it says something else, try changing it to that.
(Especially if it says something with "Planned", then it won't show the currently waiting.)
johnmark
Engineer
Engineer

Post by johnmark »

Thank you jfs - not sure how that got changed but I've now got my figures that odisseus' screen shot shows - and I'm glad that it's global not just for that single station I changed. So what is the 'planned' for or is it just deprecated?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

the "planned" view is for when Cargodist is active ("symmetric" or "asymmetric" instead of "manual"). it is somewhat of an "average" amount of cargo that passes through.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”