New Company Colours (NewCC set) Version 0.3

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: New Company Colours (NewCC set) Version 0.2

Post by Emperor Jake »

Hey all! A minor update to the NewCompanyColours Set has been released today. Version 0.2 is now available on Bananas. The source is available in the first post.

Changes include:
- Added readme file
- Improved purple to have better range and detail
- Changed beige and orange to make them less bright, but only in the 1st company colour. This is so that the brighter colours can be used for 2nd CC highlights on vehicles, while the duller 1st CC remains on buildings etc.

Try it out and let me know what you think :)
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: New Company Colours (NewCC set) Version 0.2

Post by Emperor Jake »

A new update appears! Get it now on Bananas!

NewCC 0.3 features an entirely redesigned palette of colours. The selections make more sense now because white = white and not green (though blue is still black)

The new palette features each colour in a two tone scheme, with 2nd CC being a few shades lighter than the main colour. This makes 2CC features on vehicles pop out more, and works especially well with GRFs such as Iron Horse which make heavy use of both company colours.

And if you prefer, the classic NewCC scheme is selectable via a parameter. I plan to include more options in the future, such as a single-tone version of the new scheme and maybe additional palettes for darker more earthy colours.

Here's some screenshots to showcase the new colours and two-tone features :)
Attachments
1CC and 2CC are the same colour
1CC and 2CC are the same colour
2tone.PNG (8.6 KiB) Viewed 2690 times
Comparison between new, old and original
Comparison between new, old and original
newcca.png (37.25 KiB) Viewed 2690 times
NewCC 0.3.zip
Source and GRF
(17.18 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: New Company Colours (NewCC set) Version 0.3

Post by Gadg8eer »

Nice! I've been using 0.2 for a while now, glad to see an update!
I have Asperger's, please be easy on me about stuff. My apologies if I've been a problem for you in the past.
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

Same here! I really liked the 0.2, and I think I will enjoy 0.3 even more!

Thanks!
jrook1445
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jrook1445 »

This is great, thanks! I use 0.2 in almost all games, so am looking forward to 0.3!
Frisius
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Frisius »

This is a great addition to the game! I do have one remark: the blue eye colour of the character builder uses 'BLUE', therefore that eye color is now black.

Now, I must say that the blue colour that was used for the eye colour was much to piercing and bright to be natural, it could better have been the light blue or dark blue colour of the OpenTTD palet. I wonder therefore, would it be possible to replace the black of 'BLUE' with either the new dark blue or the light blue colour and in turn make either DARK BLUE or LIGHT BLUE the new black?

The other eye colors have also changed. But I think for the better. The brown eyes are now more vivid and the green is toned down a bit.

EDIT:

I played around with your source file of version 0.3 and made a new parameter for a third palette selection. In it I made some changes to turn DARKBLUE into black and BLUE into darkblue. Concerning the eye colour this worked, also the secondary colour turned out what I had in mind. But... the primary colour is still like ypur palette (see screenshots in attachment). I also attached a zIp-file with my changes to the source, it also contains a compiled NML-file). Perhaps you could have a quick peek?
Attachments
Newer-CC 0.1.zip
zip-file with altered source code of Emperor Jake's v0.3
(32.68 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
color1.jpg
Eyecolor check but with DARKBLUE, only the secondary colour is dark blue
(254.51 KiB) Not downloaded yet
color2.jpg
And with BLUE, the primary is still black although the secondary darkblue
(291.5 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Frisius
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Frisius »

Frisius wrote: 11 Jun 2022 15:24 But... the primary colour is still like ypur palette (see screenshots in attachment). I also attached a zIp-file with my changes to the source, it also contains a compiled NML-file). Perhaps you could have a quick peek?
I thought I fixed it: instead of switching the S0x of P01 and P09 of the third palette selection, I switched the S01 and S09 of all the P0x of third palette selection. However, now the primary is OK (DARK BLUE = black and BLUE = dark blue), but the secondary is now mixed up. :?:
Last edited by Frisius on 13 Jun 2022 21:12, edited 4 times in total.
WolfRamXx
Engineer
Engineer

Post by WolfRamXx »

Frisius wrote: 13 Jun 2022 19:08
Frisius wrote: 11 Jun 2022 15:24 But... the primary colour is still like ypur palette (see screenshots in attachment). I also attached a zIp-file with my changes to the source, it also contains a compiled NML-file). Perhaps you could have a quick peek?
I thought I fixed it: instead of switching the S0x of P01 and P09 of the third palette selection, I switched the S01 and S09 of all the P0x of third palette selection. However, now the primary is OK (DARK BLUE = black and BLUE = dark blue), but the secondary is now mixed up. :?:
Hi, just small idea... Would it be possible to keep all the colors as in the original and make the grey into black/dark grey, white into white/silver and brown into beige? Or would that break something else? (I want mainly the black color but keep all other colors unbroken as well...)
Owner of WolfTrans.com. An fictional trucking company.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: New Company Colours (NewCC set)

Post by wallyweb »

Fairyfloss wrote: 15 Dec 2011 13:54 How Does it work? :?:
In the company information window of your game the color scheme display has icons across the top. 8)
Fairyfloss
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Fairyfloss »

wallyweb wrote: 05 Jan 2023 12:39
In the company information window of your game the color scheme display has icons across the top. 8)
I don't think you meant to reply to that, given the age of that post :P
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Fairyfloss wrote: 08 Jan 2023 13:43
wallyweb wrote: 05 Jan 2023 12:39
I don't think you meant to reply to that, given the age of that post :P
:lol: Yea, I noticed that a couple of days ago, but instead of deleting it I decided that it was valid information that somebody else might be looking for. 8)

Return to “Graphics Development”