[CZTR / 32bpp ] - Czech total replacement

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

trooper
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [CZTR / 32bpp ] - Czech total replacement

Post by trooper »

Hi Zley_muffle
Can you please provide the sources for CZTR Road set grf

Thanks
Mikhail
reyasem
Engineer
Engineer

Post by reyasem »

Hi everyone, I think ive encountered a problem.

So i installed the whole CZTR set, and i played it normally, and everything went normally as well. But then, around 1990, i only noticed then, that the road has variants with different max speed and all, so i upgraded every road in every town. from the default 50 kmph max, to 90 (was it 90 or 100? I forgot, but it's around that number) then i continued playing normally.

But then after about a year, i just noticed that the world population is decreasing rather steadily, in fact, when i turned on transparency of buildings (which ive turned off most of the time) almost all of small houses are gone, only big buildings are left (and i think im slowly losing them as well)

I have never encountered anything like this before. Should i left the road be? Was the better roads only for late games?
Zley_Muffle
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zley_Muffle »

reyasem wrote: 04 Jul 2020 16:06 Hi everyone, I think ive encountered a problem.

So i installed the whole CZTR set, and i played it normally, and everything went normally as well. But then, around 1990, i only noticed then, that the road has variants with different max speed and all, so i upgraded every road in every town. from the default 50 kmph max, to 90 (was it 90 or 100? I forgot, but it's around that number) then i continued playing normally.

But then after about a year, i just noticed that the world population is decreasing rather steadily, in fact, when i turned on transparency of buildings (which ive turned off most of the time) almost all of small houses are gone, only big buildings are left (and i think im slowly losing them as well)

I have never encountered anything like this before. Should i left the road be? Was the better roads only for late games?
Hey man,

You have probably upgraded your roads from town roads (those that enable buildings around them) to rural. By that we seek to eliminate the chance that towns build houses along roads connecting them. This feature is quite new, so its probably unknown to general public. You should build roads that have sidewalks in town - they have suffix "- město" (which means town in czech). Those with "- venkov" (rural) are faster, but they cannot have houses around them. You can pretty much control how town builds houses :wink:

I am currently working on tranlation to english, so next time it might be easier to grasp for everybody 8)
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

Good info was wondering why people were leaving my towns . Can be a good feature , create a house free corridor through towns . On the subject of roads is anyone creating a pedestrian road as in and surrounding city centers . I brought up as many city centers are going car free .
trooper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by trooper »

Hi Zley_muffle
Can you please point me where I can get the sources of your set?

please post it here or provide a link where I can download them

Thanks
Zley_Muffle
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zley_Muffle »

trooper wrote: 04 Jul 2020 22:04 Hi Zley_muffle
Can you please point me where I can get the sources of your set?

please post it here or provide a link where I can download them

Thanks
Released GRFs are available to download via in-game menu.
trooper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by trooper »

Hi Zley_muffle,
Yes, I know that grfs are available.
We need the source code of your GRFs, can you please provide it here or give the comunity any other way to download them.

Thanks
Zley_Muffle
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zley_Muffle »

trooper wrote: 05 Jul 2020 11:49 Hi Zley_muffle,
Yes, I know that grfs are available.
We need the source code of your GRFs, can you please provide it here or give the comunity any other way to download them.

Thanks
Oh, my bad for misunderstanding.

Lingering question is why you need them 8)

We will not share them, we cannot.
Zley_Muffle
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zley_Muffle »

Translation of basic info from CZ to ENG (work in progress). Green text with extensive info will be translated bit by bit in the future, its not needed for gameplay 8)

I have decided to not translate nicknames, although it might be funny if we included reasoning behind each name :lol:
reyasem
Engineer
Engineer

Post by reyasem »

Zley_Muffle wrote: 04 Jul 2020 16:45 Hey man,

You have probably upgraded your roads from town roads (those that enable buildings around them) to rural. By that we seek to eliminate the chance that towns build houses along roads connecting them. This feature is quite new, so its probably unknown to general public. You should build roads that have sidewalks in town - they have suffix "- město" (which means town in czech). Those with "- venkov" (rural) are faster, but they cannot have houses around them. You can pretty much control how town builds houses :wink:

I am currently working on tranlation to english, so next time it might be easier to grasp for everybody 8)
That... Explains a lot.

Well, thanks for the explanation, guess I'll just start a new game, haha
2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by 2TallTyler »

Zley_Muffle wrote: 06 Jul 2020 20:09 I am still stuck on multi-tile town buildings :oops:
If you need help, I’m happy to troubleshoot or share code you can copy and adapt. Multi-tile town buildings are a bit funny.
Zley_Muffle
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zley_Muffle »

2TallTyler wrote: 06 Jul 2020 21:13 share code you can copy and adapt
If you know it how to do it in NML, that would be helpful to learn from it. I just need working example how to define which tile in 2x2 building is which.
2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by 2TallTyler »

Here's the code for a 2x2 stadium in Improved Town Layouts. I'm using sprites from the base graphic set, referred to by sprite numbers, so your graphics code will be slightly different with custom sprites.

Code: Select all

spritelayout sprite_old_stadium_N {
	ground	 {sprite: 1479 ;}
	building {sprite: 1483;}}
spritelayout sprite_old_stadium_E {
	ground	 {sprite: 1480 ;}
	building {sprite: 1484;}}
spritelayout sprite_old_stadium_W {
	ground	 {sprite: 1481 ;}
	building {sprite: 1485;}}
spritelayout sprite_old_stadium_S {
	ground	 {sprite: 1482 ;}
	building {sprite: 1486;}}

item(FEAT_HOUSES, item_old_stadium, 20, HOUSE_SIZE_2X2){
	property {
		substitute			:20;
		name				:string(STR_NAME_OLD_STADIUM);
		override			:20;
		population			:65;
		mail_multiplier			:0;
		accepted_cargos			:[[PASS, 8],[FOOD, 8],[BEER, 8]];
		local_authority_impact		:300;
		removal_cost_multiplier		:250;
		probability			:4;
		years_available			:[1800,9999];
		minimum_lifetime		:10;
		availability_mask		:[ALL_TOWNZONES & ~bitmask(TOWNZONE_CENTRE), ALL_CLIMATES | bitmask(ABOVE_SNOWLINE)];
		}
	graphics {
		graphics_north			:sprite_old_stadium_N;
		graphics_east			:sprite_old_stadium_E;
		graphics_west			:sprite_old_stadium_W;
		graphics_south			:sprite_old_stadium_S;
		construction_check		:old_stadium_prob;
		protection			:stadium_beer_service_check;
	}
}
Forgive my messy code, this was one of my first projects and my formatting and switch names are less than ideal.

Let me know if you have any questions. You're also welcome to poke around the repository and reuse anything you'd like.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

I have removed the long and fruitless discussion about copyright and licencing from this thread.

GPLv2 has become something of a default for OpenTTD NewGRFs, but very few creators really understand how licencing works or whether GPL is actually an appropriate licence for the circumstances. I must emphasise that the only people who have any cause to complain about licence terms are people who have a copyright stake in the NewGRF in question.

If anyone feels their copyright has been violated in a published GRF, they should take that up privately with publisher and the forum moderators. If your copyright is not being violated, butt out. Do not make demands you do not have the legal or moral standing to make. Do not give advice that is unwanted and unsupportable.

This is a small community. Be nice to each other.
stefino_cz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by stefino_cz »

PikkaBird wrote: 07 Jul 2020 08:16 I have removed the long and fruitless discussion about copyright and licencing from this thread...
Thanks for it. I don't think that someone will have a problem with copyrights because all authors are familiar with our project and gave a permission for us. And the rest of the graphics is our. On the other hand I have to agree with you, that a few people understand what GPLv2 is (including me). When I started publishing our GRFs, I had a question about licence and what kind I have to use. Answer was - use GPLv2, it is the most common and default way :roll:
Andrew350
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Andrew350 »

Just an FYI, there is a great post right here on the forums which gives a brief overview and simple explanation of many of the common licenses people use for their work, including GPL, Creative Commons, and some others. Importantly it also contains the links to the sites with the actual legal text, which sometimes also includes their own brief explanation of what is allowed or not, and possibly even translations to aid in understanding (legal speak is hard enough to understand for a native english speaker ;)).

I'd suggest to anyone unfamiliar with licenses and rights to give this a thorough review and at least try to understand what it means. I know it's boring and dry, but it's good to know at least in a broad sense what your and others' rights are when it comes to giving out permissions in the form of a license. And of course you can always ask the community if you are unsure of something :)
Zley_Muffle
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zley_Muffle »

2TallTyler wrote: 06 Jul 2020 23:25 Let me know if you have any questions. You're also welcome to poke around the repository and reuse anything you'd like.
Thanks a lot, still having issues though (syntax), sent you a PM with my piece of code, if you please look at it, it would be most helpful! :bow:
2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by 2TallTyler »

Happy to help, but I didn’t receive a PM.
Zley_Muffle
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zley_Muffle »

2TallTyler wrote: 08 Jul 2020 14:10 Happy to help, but I didn’t receive a PM.
Resending, thx!
stefino_cz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by stefino_cz »

Hi all.
I'm very sad and dissapointed of this situation here. I've got some PMs and I decided to write it for all. I won't be rude but I can't stand this behaviour.

7 years ago I started make the first attempts of creating 32bpp graphics. I had no expereince with coding, no experience with graphics for games like OTTD. I had to learn everything on my own from NML wiki and with help from guys like planetmaker, eddi, frosch and some more (thanks for it guys). And now, after these 7 years we are able to make GRF sets in each part of OTTD. And the result? Some guy with 5 posts write "Give me the source" and if not, we are something like thiefs, because the 3D models aren't drawn by us? BUT, we have a permission to use it which means that authors agreed with using their 3D models (renders) in this game. Doesn't matter...GPLv2 blah blah blah...

So. As I wrote. I didn't care about type of licence when I upload GRFs x years ago because someone said "Put there for example GPLv2, so I did it". This wouldn't be a problem beacuse we meet all copyright conditions. The most of models are made by us and the rest is used with permissions. So it seems that all is OK. Let's move to the next part of the problem - upload source to some server. I tried it 3 times, everytime without succes. I'm not a programmer, I hate it. I'm glad that I'm able to code our GRF in NML. I have no time to make new GRFs atm., let alone to solve problems like upload something via SW like Tortoise or Github or I don't know what else. We have our own storage on Google disk but it is only for our development team. (We also had bad experience that someone (ex-developer) stole our unfinnished GRF and started to provide it. So you can see on Youtube our House set which isn't published yet. But this is another story).

What to write finally. We've all permissions, we aren't thiefs. We don't upload our source because we have no idea and no time to learn how to do it. BTW we spent one week by installing NML 0.5 for windows...really great story and nice support for windows users. I had great taste to close this project. So we offer 3 solutions:
1. Don't solve problems about GPLv2 and let us to do our work.
2. Send us normal "step by step" manual how to upload source somewhere. Normal means for basic user who isn't a programmer.
3. Delete our sets and we will continue only for our using.

Have a nice day, stefino

Return to “Graphics Development”