[NRT]Ufiby's Road, Tram, Trolleybus and Rail track

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Ragin1_
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [NRT]Ufiby's Road, Tram, Trolleybus and Rail track (16.06.2020)

Post by Ragin1_ »

There's seems to be an issue with the highway where it only has snow graphics, I tried it on all climates with just the default settings with the same result Image

Also thanks for implementing my suggestion of American style roads :)
andres1555
Engineer
Engineer

Post by andres1555 »

I started to use the last version and makes me redo an entire map (with great joy).
The only bad thing of tha game is that I cant control when the road has sidewalks on suburbs. Id like to select where it goes and where not.
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ufiby »

U&RaTT 0.2a now on Banans
  • Fix: Highway incorrect display of snow in climate conditions
andres1555
Engineer
Engineer

Post by andres1555 »

They look beautiful. The only spot is that I miss the arrows painted on the asphalt. They were easier to understand for me.
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ufiby »

The only bad thing of tha game is that I cant control when the road has sidewalks on suburbs. Id like to select where it goes and where not.
I didn't understand anything. Please specify what you wanted to do with the sidewalks on the outskirts. You can draw it if you want :)
fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

Perfect job, again :bow:

I've found one little bug - missing electrified urban tram track.

ImageImageImageImageImage
Beach Objects * Shopping Centres * Skyscrapers * Garage Entrances
Modular Warehouses * Trucks & Buses Parking Lots * Bus Depots * Bus Terminals
Road Waypoints * Road Stops * Eyecandy Objects * Building Set

Winner of the Screenshot of 09/20, 11/20, 02/21, 06/21, 07/21, 05/22 and 06/22.:twisted:
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ufiby »

Hi, thanks.
I checked and it works fine with the tram. I don't know what your problem is. Can be linked to other Newgrfs. If case conflict with other NewGRF Road types, I am unlikely to decide.
Tramway.png
Tramway.png (6.6 KiB) Viewed 8749 times
By the way, what NewGRF do you play ?
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gadg8eer »

Hi. Don't worry, I don't want to cause trouble. Can you add a parameter to decrease the speeds of unpaved roads (increase difficulty in early game)? It's kind of unrealistic to see speeds of 20 mph on field roads, and I hope it's not too much trouble for you to add an option to decrease the speeds of early roadtypes.

Thanks in advance!
I have Asperger's, please be easy on me about stuff. My apologies if I've been a problem for you in the past.
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

Nice work you've done here! Too bad you're not supporting multiple axle weights for narrow gauge tracks. But that would perhaps be out of scope for your project.
Also, I feel top speeds for NG might be a bit on the higher side. Narrow gauge trains in Europe were definitely not running at 100 km/h in 1946. Perhaps you set speed limits with Japanese trains in mind?

Could you please add the French Narrow Gauge Trainset to your compatibility list, in your first post? I'm about to release an update to that trainset that will allow French NG trains to run on your tracks.

Thanks in advance :)
The French Narrow Gauge Train Set is now released! Get it here
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ufiby »

Can you add a parameter to decrease the speeds of unpaved roads (increase difficulty in early game)?
It's possible.
Nice work you've done here! Too bad you're not supporting multiple axle weights for narrow gauge tracks. But that would perhaps be out of scope for your project.
Also, I feel top speeds for NG might be a bit on the higher side. Narrow gauge trains in Europe were definitely not running at 100 km/h in 1946. Perhaps you set speed limits with Japanese trains in mind?
It's indeed.
Could you please add the French Narrow Gauge Trainset to your compatibility list, in your first post? I'm about to release an update to that trainset that will allow French NG trains to run on your tracks.
Added to the list on the first post. :)
fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

ufiby wrote: 18 Jun 2020 16:16
Hi .. My fault.. I've combined three road sets and after update your graphic It doesn't work well. I removed one newgrf and everything works fine. Sorry and thanks ;)
ImageImageImageImageImage
Beach Objects * Shopping Centres * Skyscrapers * Garage Entrances
Modular Warehouses * Trucks & Buses Parking Lots * Bus Depots * Bus Terminals
Road Waypoints * Road Stops * Eyecandy Objects * Building Set

Winner of the Screenshot of 09/20, 11/20, 02/21, 06/21, 07/21, 05/22 and 06/22.:twisted:
Maddog45353
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Maddog45353 »

Do all 3 sets work together or should we choose only 1 of your 2 rail track sets?
LoneBlackWolf
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ufiby »

Do all 3 sets work together or should we choose only 1 of your 2 rail track sets?
As you wish. But it is better to choose only one of two sets of railway tracks :)
Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Erato »

In your main topic you don't seem to have a spreadsheet for the tramtypes. I was wondering whether you used the standardized railtype scheme for that.
No pics no clicks. Seriously.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ufiby »

In your main topic you don't seem to have a spreadsheet for the tramtypes. I was wondering whether you used the standardized railtype scheme for that.
I used a non-standard scheme
non-electrified tramway: RAL0, RAL1, RAL2, RAL3, RAL4
electrified tramway: ERL0, ERL1, ERL2, ERL3, ERL4
And two main ones by default: RAIL, ELRL
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Hi, I've been using U&Ratt 0.2a in my latest game and I've noticed some road types don't allow town houses to grow on them where you would expect them to. Naturally growth is disabled on Highways and Sandy roads etc, which is expected. However growth is also disabled on Concrete, Cement and Improved Asphalt (no stripes) which has been causing me a few headaches figuring out why my towns weren't growing. Otherwise this set looks great and I just wanted to use the different road styles to give different towns their own character :)

Perhaps there could be a parameter or even just an indicator which tells you which roads allow buildings and which don't?

I did an experiment to test which roads allow buildings:
uratt.PNG
(997.29 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Cheers,
Jake
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

Emperor Jake wrote: 21 Aug 2020 13:34 I've noticed some road types don't allow town houses to grow on them [...]
Perhaps there could be a parameter or even just an indicator which tells you which roads allow buildings and which don't?
There is already a spoiler in the first post with a table of the road types and their properties: max speed and flags (level crossing and house building etc.)
But I agree that small indicators in the build menu would be really helpful.
How about the following indicators in the build menu:
  • for NO_LEVEL_CROSSING: a red train icon {RED}{TRAIN}
  • for NO_HOUSES: a red bus icon {RED}{BUS}
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

arikover wrote: 22 Aug 2020 09:47
There is already a spoiler in the first post with a table of the road types and their properties: max speed and flags (level crossing and house building etc.)
Ah thanks, i missed that. However I do think it's a questionable design decision for these types not to allow houses, especially in the case of the modern asphalt road where all of its predecessor equivalents do allow houses. Ideally I'd allow houses on all paved non-highway road types.

A completely unrelated question, where might I find the source code? :)
CMircea
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CMircea »

Could you please modify the track types in U&ReRMM 2 so the always labels use the A axle load class instead of the B axle load class? (eg. electrified main line would be SAAE instead of SABE). You can specify the B axle load (and even C, D, E, if you think it makes sense) in "compatible_railtype_list" and "alternative_railtype_list". This is what the standardized railtype scheme recommends for tracks sets, so that train sets can always say they're compatible with axle load class A (the lowest) if they don't care and want to run everywhere.

For example, diesel main line should be SBAN instead of SABN (A axle load instead of B axle load; also changed to speed B instead of A, otherwise would conflict with branch line, which is slower); electrified main line should be SAAE instead of SABE, metro line would be SAA3 instead of SAB3, etc. Narrow gauge is fine, all have A axle load.

You could look at how NuTracks has made their tracks, specifically the railtype tables (to be used for compatible_railtype_list, powered_railtype_list and alternative_railtype_list) and the most basic tracks: SAAN (diesel), SAAE (overhead wires), SBA3 (3rd rail), SBAZ (dual power).

I'm working on updating UKRS2 to be compatible with new track sets (U&ReRMM 2 and new versions of NuTracks) and stumbled upon the issue that all tracks specify axle load B. It works okay generally since they also specify RAIL and ELRL as compatible, those are what the vehicles normally use, but for dual-power trains (such as the Eurostar or Hitach A-Train) that can run on both 3rd rail and overhead wires it doesn't work; they use VarAction2 to check if the current railtype is overhead wires, which only looks at the main label (the label for very high-speed line is SEBE), so if the guidelines to use A axle load in the railtype labels are not respected, it won't match; there is a workaround to check for matches with all speed limits and all axle load classes, but this would result in huge tables and might even have a performance impact, as the check is done for each tile for each train.

Additionaly, it might make sense to define a combined power (3rd rail + overhead wires) rail type, maybe called "dual power urban line", so that users can run both 3rd rail & overhead powered trains on it. It could be behind a parameter, like the "Allow non-electrified trains on metro tracks". It also helps with engine selection in UKRS2 - the dual-power trains fall back to ELRL if there is no dual-power track type defined, so they cannot be used on metro lines at all.

I help make the changes and test them, if you'd like.
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

CMircea wrote: 05 Sep 2020 12:15...
https://github.com/OpenTTD/OpenTTD/issues/8301

Imho, the problem is on OTTD side. Train set should be able to check it's table instead of exact rail label. This way the train set designer would be able to specify
MY_AC_RAILS as [SAAA, SABA, SACA, SADA, SAEA, SBAA, SBBA, SBCA, SBDA, SBEA, SCAA, SCBA, SCCA, SCDA, SCEA, ... ]
and not check all these labels, but also check the meta-label to decide, what pantograph to draw, what power to have, what (were) visual effects to show.

Currently I'm doing xUSSR set addon (non USSR trains), that has TGVs, ICE and other bi-current, tri-current and even 4-current trains, and it is almost impossible to get correct graphics because of the huge list of labels to check.
Imho, railtybletable was intended to solve this problem by grouping several rail labels into 1 meta-label for trains set. The problem is that "current rails type" does not work with meta-label. I do not know was it intended or it is a bug, but the problem exists. Without checking meta-labels it is impossible to provide correct code for 2+ system trains.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Graphics Releases”