[OTTD] North American Passenger Liveries

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

TrainLover
Engineer
Engineer

[OTTD] North American Passenger Liveries

Post by TrainLover »

This is my first NewGRF and hopefully will be expanded to be a very large set.

This set aims to include the various liveries of Budd and Pullman cars that the US used during the golden age of railroading. I might also include company colours as a refit later. Additionally, this will include various liveries of E, F-Unit, other car body diesels and the various streamlined locomotives of North American RRs in their respective liveries too.

This set, for now, will need to be used along-side NARS 2, Nekomaster's NARS Addon Set, Tony Pixel's Passenger Set and his Subway Set. In the future, I aim to keep have it independent of the other NewGRFS except for Tony Pixel's as I'll do my best to not overlap with the set he is developing.

This set is made with the thanks of Emperor Jake and Voyager 1 (for their graphics that I'm repainting), Nekomaster (for teaching me how to code and for graphics I'm probably going to repaint too), Transportman (for also teaching me how to code and setting up a compilation environment) Tony Pixel and PikkaBird (for inspiring me with this project and creating two great North America sets) and for the OpenTTD community for creating this great game.

Tracking table: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Set is coded with GPL 2!

Btw, if anyone wants to donate flathead or drumhead observation cars, I will be eternally greatful!

New Features:
Different types of cars have different types of cargo decay. For example, if your train is long range, then fit it with sleepers. They carry fewer passengers, but the cargo decay rate is a lot less on sleepers than on coaches. Same thing with diner cars, observation cars, etc.

Realistic liveries: from the Atlantic Coast Line RR to the Union Pacific, we have all of the liveries! Whether they be on Budd cars, or Pullman cars, these are the main roads of the American Railroads.
Attachments
Purchase Pics of ACL Trains
Purchase Pics of ACL Trains
ACL Budd Coach Purchase.png (5.86 KiB) Viewed 3738 times
NAPL.grf
GRF
(21.53 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
Developer of North American Passenger Liveries: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=87228
TrainLover
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [OTTD] North American Passenger Liveries

Post by TrainLover »

This is a new release of the North American Passenger Liveries Pack! We have included Generic Budd Cars, and an EMD F-Unit that doesn't work yet. That will be fixed in time for Bananas so that I can finally release it and it can be a 'stand-alone'. For now, here is the NewGRF!

Also, welcome the new team member: JustATrain! He will be helping me on coding and drawing sprites
NAPL.grf
Can someone help me figure out why this keeps showing the default train instead of its correct spriteset?
(29.46 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
Developer of North American Passenger Liveries: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=87228

Return to “Graphics Development”