[CZTR / 32bpp ] - Czech total replacement

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

MStarha
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [CZTR / 32bpp ] - Czech total replacement

Post by MStarha »

I see in the attachment that you have Firs 4.0.0 alfa, I am running 3.0.12 (the newest available through bananas). We are however running the same versions of CZTR sets. I have also noticed that you have some additional Firs NewGRFs (fixes, objects,...). Are those needed?
Could it be affected by some game settings, other graphics (I am using zBase), etc.?

Or how else can I troubleshoot the problem? Is there something like debugging?

Thank you.
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

Back to a simple setup , latest version , nightly version of Firs , no probs , all runs ok .The other Firs been using are tweeks and object sets . In settings "Vehicles never expire" . Try setting up using just the basics see what happens . You may be using a GRF that is upsetting you game .
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-06-04 at 05.34.55.png
(778.35 KiB) Not downloaded yet
MStarha
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MStarha »

So, I have uninstalled openttd, deleted all config files and then installed the newest version (1.10.2). Then I downloaded newest versions of CZTR and Firs through bananas. That did not work, the issue is still present. So I went ahead and downloaded the sourcecode for Firs from Github and compiled it all myself. And guess what, it did not work either. Which leads me to conclusion, that the issue is in those particular CZTR grf packages (CZTR engine grfs).
Note: I am not using any grfs other than CZTR and Firs.

I know there is console in openttd, but I am not familiar with it. Any other ways of debugging?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

MStarha wrote: 04 Jun 2020 07:40 So, I have uninstalled openttd, deleted all config files and then installed the newest version (1.10.2). Then I downloaded newest versions of CZTR and Firs through bananas. That did not work, the issue is still present. So I went ahead and downloaded the sourcecode for Firs from Github and compiled it all myself. And guess what, it did not work either. Which leads me to conclusion, that the issue is in those particular CZTR grf packages (CZTR engine grfs).
Note: I am not using any grfs other than CZTR and Firs.

I know there is console in openttd, but I am not familiar with it. Any other ways of debugging?
Upload a save game so that somebody else can look at it.
MStarha
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MStarha »

That did not occur to me.

Here is a link to my Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cF8U_s ... sp=sharing

Thank you.
cmhbob
Engineer
Engineer

Post by cmhbob »

What years do the new track and road types become available? I started a game in 1850; I'm now in 1877 and still have the same road and rail types. I'm hoping for increased speeds fairly soon.
--
Bob
The wrinkles only go where the smiles have been...
Me, elsewhere
MStarha
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MStarha »

cmhbob wrote: 04 Jun 2020 17:05 What years do the new track and road types become available? I started a game in 1850; I'm now in 1877 and still have the same road and rail types. I'm hoping for increased speeds fairly soon.
As far as I know, not many features are available before cca 1905. I believe most features become available between 1910 and 1975.
You can change the date using cheats (open cheats window with ctrl+c) or you can start a new game.
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

Oh my please be patient , I'm sure about 1900 you will have a track capable of 62 mph , the fastest engine has a top end of 38 mph ,road type about 40mph , I don't think there is any Vehicles available .
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

piratescooby wrote: 04 Jun 2020 18:36 Oh my please be patient , I'm sure about 1900 you will have a track capable of 62 mph , the fastest engine has a top end of 38 mph ,road type about 40mph , I don't think there is any Vehicles available .https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A ... Lbb0bqteG2
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

MStarha
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MStarha »

I have made some progress myself. I enabled some debugging options using:

Code: Select all

openttd.exe -d 1
in Windows CMD to start openttd.

While loading a game with Firs, this information appeared:
openttd_debug_firs.jpg
openttd_debug_firs.jpg (216.73 KiB) Viewed 938 times
Then I tried loading a different game without Firs:
openttd_debug_no_firs.jpg
openttd_debug_no_firs.jpg (246.62 KiB) Viewed 938 times
This seems to me, that Firs conflicts with CZTR only when displaying the list of available engines. Could this information be of any use?
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

Pass the info on to the developers , it may be of use to them , Both Firs and CZTR are being constantly updated/developed .I know nowt about code ,my suspect it could be OTTD , new cargo features/increase seems to be buggy .
Sterbond
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sterbond »

MStarha wrote: 05 Jun 2020 08:36 I have made some progress myself. I enabled some debugging options using:

Code: Select all

openttd.exe -d 1
in Windows CMD to start openttd.

While loading a game with Firs, this information appeared:
openttd_debug_firs.jpg

Then I tried loading a different game without Firs:
openttd_debug_no_firs.jpg

This seems to me, that Firs conflicts with CZTR only when displaying the list of available engines. Could this information be of any use?
Unfortunately this is not documented in the first post but hidden in the middle of this forum.

But for CZTR to work you need FIRS to be at the top of the list of NewGRFs (or before other CZTR NewGRFs). And I think it's recommended to use Extreme option for FIRS.
MStarha
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MStarha »

Thank you so much!!! That solved the problem. It would have never occurred to me to even try it out.
Sterbond
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sterbond »

MStarha wrote: 06 Jun 2020 18:39 Thank you so much!!! That solved the problem. It would have never occurred to me to even try it out.
I'm glad it worked for you. Enjoy the CZTR :)

I'll try to contact the owner of this thread to update the first post with this information.
Knight8510
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Knight8510 »

* I used a translator to translate Korean into English. So the content can be strange.

I used this wonderful graphic to express a road for cars only cars. I would like to thank the creator of "CZTR". I uploaded screenshots and game videos.

By the way, I would like you to upload the buildings that are lacking in bridge design and suitable for Czech Republic. I want to play a game with better graphics.

https://youtu.be/qs6UJD7BItQ
Attachments
Screenshot_20200627-123622_OpenTTD JGR.jpg
(1.18 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Screenshot_20200627-123734_OpenTTD JGR.jpg
(1.19 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Screenshot_20200627-123430_OpenTTD JGR.jpg
(1.09 MiB) Not downloaded yet
stefino_cz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by stefino_cz »

Knight8510 wrote: 27 Jun 2020 04:15 * I used a translator to translate Korean into English. So the content can be strange.

I used this wonderful graphic to express a road for cars only cars. I would like to thank the creator of "CZTR". I uploaded screenshots and game videos.

By the way, I would like you to upload the buildings that are lacking in bridge design and suitable for Czech Republic. I want to play a game with better graphics.

https://youtu.be/qs6UJD7BItQ
Hi Kim, we are glad that you like our graphics. We had some break but now we are slowly making new graphics.
stefino_cz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by stefino_cz »

Tram set reconstruction in progress.
Výstřižek.PNG
(4.24 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Pepelatz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pepelatz »

Hello!
Can You translate in "Road Set" road names from czech to english and add parameter to choise this, please?
We can also give you a translation into Russian for each name .
Zley_Muffle
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zley_Muffle »

Hello guys!

I see a demand for english translation and as promised, I will try to find some time to work on that. At start dont expect extensive info to be translated, only the basics.

Road, Rail and other infrastructure (because it contains a lot less text than the others) will be first to go, in second batch vehicles names and such will be translated, so that you can at least get your bearings in the sets.

Sadly there is less and less time to work on it, so progress is slow these days, but lets hope for a brighter future 8)

Return to “Graphics Development”