Screenshot Of The Month Competition - February 2023

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
temporal8
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - April 2020 until ...

Post by temporal8 »

Fredinho, thanks man! i really appreciated, i used CZTR Tree set 1.01 togheter with CZ Ground trying to get a realistic result.

I totally agree with STD, your screenshot is no less good in fact, you have a magnificent imagination to achieve small details in your images, I always tell you. :wink:

We are few active members in the community and I think SOTM is the opportunity to see how others use newgrfs in ways that we did not think before and based on that we improve ourselves. I see it more as a collective work where we all contribute to push this nice game a little more towards the limits every month and at the same time we help others with inspiration.
Last edited by temporal8 on 04 May 2020 09:22, edited 1 time in total.
Real Projects 32bpp releases:

Real Semi Trucks 32bpp: viewtopic.php?t=90996
Real Houses Eyecandy Objects 32bp: viewtopic.php?t=90767
Real Ships 32bpp: viewtopic.php?t=90733
Real Industries 32bpp: viewtopic.php?t=90183
Real Houses Townset 32bp: viewtopic.php?p=1254605
Real Stations 32bpp: viewtopic.php?p=1255635
Real Cars 32bpp: viewtopic.php?p=1249244
Real Vehicles 32bpp: viewtopic.php?p=1253581
Real Bus 32bpp: viewtopic.php?p=1249245
Real Trucks 32bpp: viewtopic.php?p=1254468
Real Parks 32bpp: viewtopic.php?p=1250255
Argentina World Cup 2022 Champions Bus 32bpp viewtopic.php?p=1257026
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

And the main thing is that the number of competitors does not decrease in this topic. Sometimes the number reaches one dozen or slightly less. Personally, I create in a hurry sometimes. In principle, it is not difficult to do something special. You just need to think in more detail, then implement your idea in the game. And you need to have the mood and inspiration for this :D .
And yes, the more you implement your various unusual ideas, the more interesting you will be able to create something else in the future. I completely agree here :wink: .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Fredinho
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Fredinho »

You're too kind, thank you.

And I agree wholeheartedly: I find so much inspiration in these entries all the time!
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Perhaps I can congratulate the screenshot of temporal8 with another victory. Good job :D .
And we are also waiting for the announcement of a new topic.

Now all new topics will be reduced to the correct use of different sets of objects on the current map for each competitor. So it's better not to show the current game, but rather make a map from scratch in the editor and try to show the actual screenshot with the maximum use of your imagination and mood :D . This is observed from month to month, to be honest. Probably a feature of this theme for the best screenshot :mrgreen: .

Regards STD.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

STD wrote: 11 May 2020 09:48 Perhaps I can congratulate the screenshot of temporal8 with another victory. Good job :D .
And we are also waiting for the announcement of a new topic.
Patience grasshopper. there are 4 hours remaining for any last minute voters. :D
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - May 2020

Post by wallyweb »

CLANG!
(sound of poll closing))

We have a winna! :D
Congratulations temporal8. A PM is being sent requesting your choice of theme for May 2020. :bow:

Code: Select all

SOTM April 2020 Results
===========================
Emperor Jake       1     2%
Fredinho          16    27%
GarryG            10    17%
LaRoso             4     7%
mr jj              3     5%
STD                4     7%
temporal8         19    32%
trainrover         1     2%
wallyweb           2     3%
---------------------------
Total votes:      60
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

temporal8 called and we have a theme.
Put on your floppy hats and funny shorts and get out your cameras for a guided tour of your ...

Picturesque Town
Korenn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Korenn »

I got one! :D

session0 - Primrose.png
session0 - Primrose.png (339.22 KiB) Viewed 21078 times
There's an entire thread about the description and significance of this town, but to sum up:
Primrose is on top of a mountain range. Getting to the town requires snowsleds and can take weeks. The hospital services workers from industries dotted around the range, which is why the village exists. The Rudinsky family lives in the second house from the bottom. The youngest son has strange ideas about turning this quaint little town into a gigantic place with skyscrapers.
Last edited by Korenn on 13 May 2020 09:37, edited 1 time in total.
MasterOktagon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MasterOktagon »

It is a hot summer day in year 1950. The world war II is over for some years now, and, because of that, the homecomers of the War can have some small beers (or maybe a bigger one). luckly, the town centre with its pictruesque wall was not hit of a bomb.
what the citizens dont know: in year 2000 will the town centre be replaced by the Grand Central Station of Katakura.
Attachments
SOTM_May_MasterOktagon.png
(554.88 KiB) Not downloaded yet
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Beautiful theme chosen by the winner :D . A lot of things can be shown in the screenshot. Cool :)) . I hope to see the implementation of a variety of ideas from competitors. Actively use the flight of your imagination and inspiration :wink: :D .

I, in turn, will reflect on the new topic, so that then everything planned to show on the screenshot :D .

Regards STD.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I had several options on the current topic. Here's the final one :wink: :arrow: :
Attachments
SOTM_Picturesque Town_052020_STD.png
Mountainous area. The small town of Zuevka is located on one of the hills. Coniferous and deciduous forests around, rocks, mountain rivers and lakes. The view from the height is very beautiful and picturesque.
(1.91 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Fredinho
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Fredinho »

Here's my entry:
For centuries, the town of Sykkulven has been protected by its overlooking fortress. In modern age however, the town is famous for its excellent furniture design shipping worldwide, and local breweries. Situated by a beautiful waterfall, Sykkulven is a popular stop for tourists and passerbys alike.
Attachments
Picturesque Town.png
(2.66 MiB) Not downloaded yet
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

A small coastal town on the mid North Coast of New South Wales, Australia. Very pictures with the lovely sandy beaches.
Attachments
Kendall May Comp.png
(1.11 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
temporal8
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by temporal8 »

La Cumbrecita is an entirely pedestrian town, buses with tourists must park before the old bridge that visitors must cross on foot, in this way this picturesque old town maintains its tranquility away from noise and engine pollution, entering the town means a trip to the past and to tranquility where visitors walk listening to the songs of the birds and smelling the delicious aromas of local food.
Attachments
Picturesque Town SOTM Temporal8.jpg
(2.31 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Real Projects 32bpp releases:

Real Semi Trucks 32bpp: viewtopic.php?t=90996
Real Houses Eyecandy Objects 32bp: viewtopic.php?t=90767
Real Ships 32bpp: viewtopic.php?t=90733
Real Industries 32bpp: viewtopic.php?t=90183
Real Houses Townset 32bp: viewtopic.php?p=1254605
Real Stations 32bpp: viewtopic.php?p=1255635
Real Cars 32bpp: viewtopic.php?p=1249244
Real Vehicles 32bpp: viewtopic.php?p=1253581
Real Bus 32bpp: viewtopic.php?p=1249245
Real Trucks 32bpp: viewtopic.php?p=1254468
Real Parks 32bpp: viewtopic.php?p=1250255
Argentina World Cup 2022 Champions Bus 32bpp viewtopic.php?p=1257026
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

I guess I'd best participate. :D

Nestled in a valley up in the hills is the picturesque town of Amos. It once was a gold mining town but the gold ran out and so did the miners. Today in 1931 the rich investors who used to come to check on their investment now come to hunt and fish. They built a lodge by the lake just outside the town. Photographers discovered the natural beauty and the town built a lookout atop Lookout Mountain. The roads are rough so visitors arrive by train. The town provides a shuttle bus to the lodge and the lookout. The only other vehicle in town is Sam's General Store delivery truck seen collecting some parcels that just arrived on the train. If you visit our picturesque little town, be sure to try your luck at one of the salmon pools provided by the several water falls.
Attachments
May 2020 Contest.png
The Picturesque Town of Amos
(5.61 MiB) Not downloaded yet
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

The last time zone on Earth has finally transitioned from 31 to 1 and we enter polling season with 7 excellent choices:
Fredinho wrote:For centuries, the town of Sykkulven has been protected by its overlooking fortress. In modern age however, the town is famous for its excellent furniture design shipping worldwide, and local breweries. Situated by a beautiful waterfall, Sykkulven is a popular stop for tourists and passerbys alike.
GarryG wrote:A small coastal town on the mid North Coast of New South Wales, Australia. Very pictures with the lovely sandy beaches.
Korenn wrote:There's an entire thread about the description and significance of this town, but to sum up: Primrose is on top of a mountain range. Getting to the town requires snowsleds and can take weeks. The hospital services workers from industries dotted around the range, which is why the village exists. The Rudinsky family lives in the second house from the bottom. The youngest son has strange ideas about turning this quaint little town into a gigantic place with skyscrapers.
MasterOktagon wrote:It is a hot summer day in year 1950. The world war II is over for some years now, and, because of that, the homecomers of the War can have some small beers (or maybe a bigger one). luckly, the town centre with its pictruesque wall was not hit of a bomb. what the citizens dont know: in year 2000 will the town centre be replaced by the Grand Central Station of Katakura.
STD wrote:Mountainous area. The small town of Zuevka is located on one of the hills. Coniferous and deciduous forests around, rocks, mountain rivers and lakes. The view from the height is very beautiful and picturesque.
temporal8 wrote:La Cumbrecita is an entirely pedestrian town, buses with tourists must park before the old bridge that visitors must cross on foot, in this way this picturesque old town maintains its tranquility away from noise and engine pollution, entering the town means a trip to the past and to tranquility where visitors walk listening to the songs of the birds and smelling the delicious aromas of local food.
wallyweb wrote:Nestled in a valley up in the hills is the picturesque town of Amos. It once was a gold mining town but the gold ran out and so did the miners. Today in 1931 the rich investors who used to come to check on their investment now come to hunt and fish. They built a lodge by the lake just outside the town. Photographers discovered the natural beauty and the town built a lookout atop Lookout Mountain. The roads are rough so visitors arrive by train. The town provides a shuttle bus to the lodge and the lookout. The only other vehicle in town is Sam's General Store delivery truck seen collecting some parcels that just arrived on the train. If you visit our picturesque little town, be sure to try your luck at one of the salmon pools provided by the several water falls.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

BRRRRRRRINGGGG!
(sound of poll closing))

We have a winna! :D
Congratulations Fredinho. A PM is being sent requesting your choice of theme for May 2020. :bow:

Code: Select all

SOTM May 2020 Results
==========================
 Fredinho       12    33%
 temporal8       7    19% 
 GarryG          5    14%
 wallyweb        5    14%
 MasterOktagon   4    11%
 Korenn          2     6%
 STD             1     3%
---------------------------
Total votes    36
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - June 2020

Post by wallyweb »

We have a theme for June 2020 from our current winner, Fredinho. :bow:

AHOY MATY! THAR SHE BLOWS! A SHIPSHAPE THEME ...

HARBOURS
:D :D :D :D :D
Last edited by wallyweb on 17 Jun 2020 13:21, edited 1 time in total.
MasterOktagon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MasterOktagon »

The Flynford harbor is one of the biggest harbors in the world. Everyday thousands of tons of goods are loaded into ships to the rest of the world.
Attachments
Great Hedingville Transport, 30. Okt 2021.png
Flynford Harbor
(291.39 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Until Next Time

MasterOktagon
LupusMechanicus
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - June 2020

Post by LupusMechanicus »

Image Kielwice Harbour, Szczetów, Leošava Federation

Part of the Szczetów Industrial Complex, the Kielwice Harbour is regarded as one of the busiest harbours in the entire Warszłowice Fjord. First mentioned around 1296 CE, it was home to the old Dącławek Order, a highly respected society of knights. After the brief but bloody crusade against the Turzerskes, the Dącławeks settled in the far end of the fjord, and founded the Szczetów settlement. During the first years the knights found in the mountains near the settlement traces of gems and iron, two very sought after commodities that brought very huge quantities of silver and gold to this little settlement.

As such, the Dącławek Order's settlement became a very popular trading port for the people all around the coasts of the Kalothalom Sea. With each passing year, the settlement gradually expanded, and in a few decades it housed almost 70,000 people: merchants, artisans, mercenaries, farmers, miners. During the 17th century of the Imperial Era, when the 70-Years War was at its peak, the city was razed to the ground by the Turzerskes who wanted revenge for their defeat in the crusade. After the war ended, the surviving population started rebuilding the city, brick by brick, stone by stone. It's estimated that it took almost 50 years before the city reached again its former glory.

As the 20th century of the Insurrection Era draws near, the Kielwice Harbour was modernised to streamline the delivery of weapons to be used against the Turzerskes who launched daring raids against the newly formed Leošava Federation.
During these years, the harbour saw the construction of a new protective jetty, to help against the severe water and wind erosion. With the Turzerskes being completely purged from the existence, the high demand for engineering supplies and with the increased flow of traffic in the Warszłowice Fjord and the whole of Kalothalom Sea, the city of Szczetów may soon see a new golden age of commerce and knowledge as it boldly enters the Information age.
Attachments
Szczetów Industrial Complex - Harbour.png
(1.83 MiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “Screenshots”