North Korean Set - latest update 21/12/2022

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: North Korean Set - North Korean Train Set 1.7 - 23/11/2019

Post by Emperor Jake »

I just tested the updated NK Train set, it's good to see a fully FIRS compatible wagon selection now. :)

Though could you please enable autorefit (station refitting) for the freight cars next time? There's no reason not to, it's hard to play without it these days.
Mizari
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Mizari »

Something seems off with the weights of the goods. A train of 700 tonnes of coal weighs 10,538 tonnes...
Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Erato »

Mizari wrote: 01 Dec 2019 12:44 Something seems off with the weights of the goods. A train of 700 tonnes of coal weighs 10,538 tonnes...
Oh that's obviously wrong. I'll have it fixed in the next update.
No pics no clicks. Seriously.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Erato »

Working on two new projects. I'm completely redoing the North Korean road vehicle set, now that we can have trolleybuses. The other project will take me quite a while to finish, but you might see a few things from that project in the pic.

The North Korean Road Vehicle Set v2. Is already looking a lot better than what we currently have on BaNaNaS. I can't wait to finish it, although I'm a bit busy with school so it'll be a bit before I can work on it again.
Mizari
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Mizari »

It's looking spicy :oops:
Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Erato »

I did some research on the Chongjin tram and found some stuff. Also a little sneak peak for what's to come.
Requires OpenTTD 1.10 or JGRPP 0.32 or later, or any other client with NRT. Old version.

DPRK Trams 1.2 - 05/05/2020
DPRK_Trams_1.2.grf
(48.67 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
Changelog:
Added: Articulated KT4K
Added: KT4K livery
Changed: Non-articulated KT4K made much longer
Changed: Added NRT compatibility (BE44 runs on narrow gauge if available)
Changed: Added tramtype symbol to purchase window sprites
Attachments
Source DPRK Trams 1.2.rar
(45.03 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
Last edited by Erato on 10 Feb 2020 14:31, edited 1 time in total.
Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Erato »

Made a small mistake
DPRK Trams 1.3 - 10/02/2020
DPRK_Trams_1.3.grf
(48.67 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
Changelog:
Fixed: Alignment issue
Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Erato »

I decided to do some more spriting in an attempt to procrastinate on studying while uni's closed. Tried to find out some more stuff about narrow gauge diesel trains. Instead I found a bunch of other stuff, and decided to add it all. I added the narrow gauge diesel locomotive anyway though. Today's narrow gauge updates have been brought to you by Google Earth and Twitter.

DPRK Train 1.8 - 24/03/2020
dprktrains-1.8.tar
(430 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
Changelog:
Added: Narrow gauge diesel locomotive
Added: Narrow gauge electric locomotive
Added: Narrow gauge passenger car
Added: Standard gauge steam locomotive
Added: Standard gauge diesel locomotive
Added: Standard gauge electric locomotives
Added: Liveries for narrow gause locomotives
Changed: Name of narrow gauge electric locomotive changed
Changed: Modern passenger car sprites tweaked
Changed: Auto-refitting enabled on all freight cars
Attachments
dprktrains_1.8_source.rar
(247.93 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
kokutetsu
Engineer
Engineer

Re: North Korean Set - latest update 24/03/2020

Post by kokutetsu »

Now that the only reason I can leave home is to go to/from work (yay for being essential service lol), I'm finally getting a chance to take a look at these... Erato, gotta hand it to you, fantastic work!!!

One problem though - I can't seem to make the trams set work... I've got it and installed, but when I go into a game, in NewGRF Settings it is "disabled"... not sure what to do about this, any ideas?

I'm gonna do a nice long playthrough, then I'll get back to working on that heightmap/scenario...
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
kokutetsu wrote: 25 Mar 2020 08:23 One problem though - I can't seem to make the trams set work... I've got it and installed, but when I go into a game, in NewGRF Settings it is "disabled"... not sure what to do about this, any ideas?
Did you take Erato's notice about the minimal requirements into account? If you are running a pre 1.10 version, the set will never ever work.
Erato wrote: 05 Feb 2020 22:02 Requires OpenTTD 1.10 or JGRPP 0.32 or later, or any other client with NRT.
Tschö, Auge
kokutetsu
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kokutetsu »

Auge wrote: 25 Mar 2020 10:20 Hello
kokutetsu wrote: 25 Mar 2020 08:23 One problem though - I can't seem to make the trams set work... I've got it and installed, but when I go into a game, in NewGRF Settings it is "disabled"... not sure what to do about this, any ideas?
Did you take Erato's notice about the minimal requirements into account? If you are running a pre 1.10 version, the set will never ever work.
Erato wrote: 05 Feb 2020 22:02 Requires OpenTTD 1.10 or JGRPP 0.32 or later, or any other client with NRT.
Tschö, Auge
Aha... I saw it, but I didn't think to check what version I had... well I guess I'll have to wait with the trams until 1.10 stable is released...
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
kokutetsu wrote: 25 Mar 2020 15:09
Auge wrote: 25 Mar 2020 10:20 Did you take Erato's notice about the minimal requirements into account? If you are running a pre 1.10 version, the set will never ever work.
Aha... I saw it, but I didn't think to check what version I had... well I guess I'll have to wait with the trams until 1.10 stable is released...
You don't have to wait for stable 1.10 because you can play with the release candidate or with JGR's Patch Pack.

Tschö, Auge
bassem.90
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bassem.90 »

Will there be a chance to add Air Koryo set in the future ? Thank you :)
Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Erato »

Erato wrote: 01 Dec 2019 23:20
Mizari wrote: 01 Dec 2019 12:44 Something seems off with the weights of the goods. A train of 700 tonnes of coal weighs 10,538 tonnes...
Oh that's obviously wrong. I'll have it fixed in the next update.
I did fix it, I never compiled it and since NML updated I'll have to completely redo the entire coding of the NewGRF to upload a fix.
Since I have plans on redoing the artwork for all of DPRK Stations, Houses and Industry, I'll get to it eventually, but not any time soon.

I want to redo them such that the scaling of the entire thing is a bit more consistent; the way it is now, bus stops and roofed platforms tower over rural towns. The scaling of DPRK Stations/Houses/Industry will be kind of consistent with the size of trains.

In other news, DPRK Road Vehicles 2.0 is coming along nicely. I've already finished all 20 Trolleybuses, and I've finished spriting all but one of the buses. It should be out very soon.
bassem.90 wrote: 27 Mar 2020 14:54 Will there be a chance to add Air Koryo set in the future ? Thank you :)
Could consider it if someone else makes the sprites, because I won't.
Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: North Korean Set

Post by Erato »

After half a year I finally finished it.
The North Korean Road Vehicles Set 2.0
I made the North Korean Road Vehicles Set 2.0 because I wanted to try making trolleybuses, which are very common in the DPRK. I eventually decided that I might as well redo the entirety of the DPRK road vehicles set. I never liked the first version, but I think this one has ended up looking pretty good.

1.0 - 18/05/2020
dprkroadvehicle.grf
(139.92 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
Attachments
dprkroadvehicle_2.0_source.rar
(152.38 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Erato wrote: 18 May 2020 00:52 After half a year I finally finished it.
The North Korean Road Vehicles Set 2.0
I made the North Korean Road Vehicles Set 2.0 because I wanted to try making trolleybuses, which are very common in the DPRK. I eventually decided that I might as well redo the entirety of the DPRK road vehicles set. I never liked the first version, but I think this one has ended up looking pretty good.

1.0 - 18/05/2020
dprkroadvehicle.grf
Thank you very much for the new version of this beautiful set. I was very much waiting and hoping that someone would want to create a separate set of trolleybuses in the near future. And you took it and implemented it. Cool.
I tried a little bit to use half of the trolleybuses in the game. No graphical errors were found. I have a question about truck transport. Why is the capacity so small? When are you planning to add a conversion for a specific cargo? I understand that there are many different types of cargo in the game. For example, for mail, products, and so on. I used with FIRS.

Regards STD.
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Erato »

Thanks
STD wrote: 18 May 2020 16:18Why is the capacity so small?
These are the capacities that the vehicles have in real life.
STD wrote: 18 May 2020 16:18 When are you planning to add a conversion for a specific cargo?
What do you mean by this?
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Erato wrote: 18 May 2020 16:43 Thanks
STD wrote: 18 May 2020 16:18Why is the capacity so small?
These are the capacities that the vehicles have in real life.
STD wrote: 18 May 2020 16:18 When are you planning to add a conversion for a specific cargo?
What do you mean by this?
I'm talking about the possibility of re-equipment for every available type of cargo. At the same time, we could see boxes of mail, food, mineral resources, and more in the truck.
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

Thank u so much for trolleybuses! I've tested them and I appreciate that they r usuable only on electrified roads. Perfect work :bow: It's gonna be permanent newgrf in my future games.

ImageImageImageImageImage
Beach Objects * Shopping Centres * Skyscrapers * Garage Entrances
Modular Warehouses * Trucks & Buses Parking Lots * Bus Depots * Bus Terminals
Road Waypoints * Road Stops * Eyecandy Objects * Building Set

Winner of the Screenshot of 09/20, 11/20, 02/21, 06/21, 07/21, 05/22 and 06/22.:twisted:
Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Erato »

I'm happy with the positive reception of DPRK road vehicles 2.0

I am currently redoing DPRK houses, and I'm pretty much done with the rural houses.
The shop sprites will be cargo aware, and will display boxes in front of them if you deliver goods and food to them.
The height-scale for these houses is the same as the height-scale for the trains, so trains won't tower over station buildings at this scale, which I feel is a bunch more realistic.

I'd love to hear what you have to think about these sprites.

Return to “Graphics Development”