Newest version of the game isn't working

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

GuideRail
Engineer
Engineer

Newest version of the game isn't working

Post by GuideRail »

Whenever I open the latest version of the game, it just says "A Serious fault condition occurred in the game"

This is OpenTTD for Mac, can someone actually explain how to get the game working WITHOUT using stupid words like "directory" and "installer" I don't know what that is. Just tell me, once I have the downloaded folder with "changelog.txt, COPYING.md, docs, known-bugs.txt, man, media, OpenTTD, README.md, scripts" in it, What do I do with this stuff, where do I put it and, then what folder do you put the Graphics files and the music and sound effects in, I have never got either of those to work.
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Newest version of the game isn't working

Post by jfs »

There is a bug with OpenTTD version 1.10.0 and 1.10.1 that makes them not work on macOS version 10.12.6 (Sierra), it sounds like that's what you're running into.

If you're able to upgrade your system to macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) or newer, that's the best solution. Otherwise you will have to play an older version of OpenTTD, I know that the 1.10.0-RC1 version works (download 1.10.0-RC1 for macOS).

You are not doing anything wrong, rather it's us that created a new bug when we tried to fix another bug.
Aviatik
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Aviatik »

I have problem with actualisation of OpenTTD on Android smartphone. OpenTTD 1.9.3 were without problems, now I started actualisation, download were done but actualisation ended with error "Actualisation not possible" (translated from Czech language). Is there problem with RAM capacity / Android version? I have 1GB RAM and Android 5.0.
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

Aviatik wrote: 05 Jun 2020 15:57 I have problem with actualisation of OpenTTD on Android smartphone. OpenTTD 1.9.3 were without problems, now I started actualisation, download were done but actualisation ended with error "Actualisation not possible" (translated from Czech language). Is there problem with RAM capacity / Android version? I have 1GB RAM and Android 5.0.
You should ask the people maintaining the Android version instead. Try asking in this thread where it's more likely pelya will see it..

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”