Scenario Switzerland

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
bodemly
Engineer
Engineer

Scenario Switzerland

Post by bodemly »

Hey guys,

I´m new here in the forum and i thought it will be a good idea to post here my new Switzerland scenario. It includes of course Switzerland and some other other contries (But just the border Area): Germany, Austria, Italy and France. Oh Liechtenstein is there too even the whole area :D. The size is 2048x1024 so there is a lot of area to built.... or not. You now Switzerland is a contries with a lot of mountains and I tried to get this in OpenTTD. I thiink the result is good but not perfect yet. The towns, rivers, valleys and mountains are all recreated by reality (I love you good Earth xD)

The Scenario starts in the year 1920 with a world population of about 54.000 habitans.
The Scenario includes all standart industries, but i could not recreate them by relatiy because Switzerland does not offer so much resources but all in all i think it´s good in that way i do. But i think they are not really well placed?
I placed the primary industries more at hills and higher located places. The Industries like factories and power stations more in the valley near "big" towns in the area. There are very rare too.

All in all the scenario offers a big challenge to you all espacially in the Alps and the Swiss Jura.
I hope you have fun with this scenario.
I would like it too see some screens and other here in this post or another forum ;)

A picture:
screenshot#1.png
(1 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
NewGrfs:
-AlpineClimate
-DACH Set
-SBB Set
-DB Set

Please notice that this is a "non tested" Version. There mighty be some mistakes.
Notice too that the scenario is made with OpenTTD r27025.

If you have some improvment suggestions please let me now them :D

Edit: There is another Version with more towns now.

Regards
bodemly
Attachments
Schweiz.scn
(2.03 MiB) Downloaded 278 times
Schweiz_more_Towns.scn
(2.2 MiB) Downloaded 351 times
Last edited by bodemly on 22 Jan 2015 14:37, edited 1 time in total.
Klaasgras
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Scenario Switzerland

Post by Klaasgras »

I like it, especially the landscape. However, I get the feeling it is missing a lot of towns.
Here, take a look a my screenshot thread: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=59701
bodemly
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bodemly »

Thank you
I think that youre right at some points on the map but I wanted to make a difficult Scenario.
But I think i will make another map with more cities. Especially for those who like passenger Transport.

Edit: I made i new Version with more towns in Switzerland but i won´t raise the numer of towns in the boder contries because it´s more a swiss scenario. 8)
Hope you like it
Klaasgras
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Klaasgras »

Thanks for your effort! :D
Here, take a look a my screenshot thread: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=59701
bodemly
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bodemly »

After 5 years I can present you a new version of my Switzerland Scenario.
I build it with a new heightmap, so it includes a new and very good original landscape.
The scenario is with towns only at this time, but I want to make it possible to play with ECS or original industries.
The only problem is that the industries are too big to fit inside the valleys, so maybe its just possible to put the industries in more flat land.
Maybe you have some suggestions how and where to put industries to make this scenario even better.

This scenario is in arctic climate, so you can use OpenGFX + Landscape to have the temperate grass, but snow on the mountains also.
At the moment it includes some swiss/german NewGRFs, and the ECS industry set. (but no placed industries)
TARS is at the moment included but not used yet.

I hope for some feedback and suggestions.
Attachments
overview.PNG
(169.18 KiB) Not downloaded yet
preview.PNG
(950.06 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Switzerland.scn
(3.35 MiB) Downloaded 228 times
Fuerfrost
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Fuerfrost »