Fairy's Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Fairyfloss
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Fairy's Screenshots

Post by Fairyfloss »

So, I've decided to start uploading screenshots when I take ones I like. Maybe I'll be able to keep this save going for long, or my attention span will make me drop it. But until then, screenshots!

I'm focused primarily on getting things to look nice, and have as such given myself lots of money, because I enjoy playing with trains,

Trainsets are:
- Iron Horse 2 (Main Trainset, it's really good)
- Dutch Trainset 2 (Might use some intercities and express trains from here, but I'm primarily focusing on Iron Horse)
- Vactrains 0.2.2 (Because I like the Generic Vactrains for the Future)
- DBSet XL (Again for express trains because fancy liveries)

Industry-wise I'm using ECS and the Lumber Camp sets. For buildings I use the UK Town Set, Town & Industry Houses, and Swedish Houses. I'm using NuTracks for tracks, but I also have Planning Tracks & Track Beds. I technically also have Pikka's Finescale Tracks, but they're enabled purely for the signals. I like the smaller signals it gives, and unfortunately I have no idea if there's a GRF out there that adds just the signals, because sometimes combining tracktypes gets a bit weird.

Oh, and to get my Locomotives to be in the shade of black that they are, I'm using the Mauve-to-Black GRF I found somewhere on here.

Anyway, here are some opening shots, in no particular order!

First Shot! I like this one because I think it shows off pretty well how busy my railway is. I started with Wood Transport, but now also focus on Food, Oil, Fruit, Goods, and a few others.
A.png
(1.24 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Second Shot, showing my mess of a junction a bit further down the line!
B.png
(1.05 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Third Shot, this time a bit zoomed in, showing one of my three locomotives that is not 0-6-0 Gwyt. Of my 32 trains, 29 are of the Gwyt type that I employ for my Cargo Routes. The remaining 3 are 4-2-2 Spinner locomotives for what little passenger transport I have.
C.png
(343.53 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by Fairyfloss on 21 Dec 2023 22:11, edited 1 time in total.
Fairyfloss
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Darthrafael's Screenshots

Post by Fairyfloss »

andythenorth wrote: 17 Oct 2019 15:33 Nice screenshots. Could I include some here? :) https://www.openttd.org/screenshots.html
Of course! I'd be honoured to have my screenshots on there.
Fairyfloss
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Fairyfloss »

Started a new game! Mainly because I struggle to keep games going for extended periods of time...

This time, we'll be taking a look at the Birmingham Valley Transport Company, or BVTC. Established in 1870, it's named after the fact that it's starting town (Birmingham) lies in a bit of a valley. It operates two lines so far, one from Birmingham to Rhosneigr, following the Birmingham River.
Birmingham Route - 1870.png
(465.2 KiB) Not downloaded yet

The other line goes from Little Tottenham Hale to Little Liverpool, running along the hillside. The two mainlines are connected with a smaller transport service between Rhosneigr and Little Tottenham Hale.
Little Liverpool Route - 1870.png
(433.29 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Fairyfloss
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Fairyfloss »

Double-posting is allowed on your own thread, right...?

Well, anyway, been making a bit of progress!

First up, I expanded by connecting two of the largest cities in the area! Specifically, Latimer and West Nottingham. I also added a side-route to bypass my cramped mainline around Birmingham, and funded some industry to produce food for my main cities.
(Is this how I'm supposed to make images appear as actual images? By uploading them elsewhere?)

Also, here's my current passenger trains! I don't mind the low profit, I'm basically playing sandbox so...
Trains - 1870.png
Trains - 1870.png (6.15 KiB) Viewed 3437 times
(Oh, this one does show up when uploaded as an attachment. Is it related to file size?)

And finally, a shot of some trains at work on my mainline. I added sidings so my food-delivery trains can reverse.
Cargo Movement - 1870.png
(530.19 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

That mainline between Birmingham and Oban certainly looks like it's going to be fun to upgrade in future!

As for making attachments appear "inline", the file size needs to be less than 800x600px if my memory serves me correctly. The other way, as you've already found is hosting the image elsewhere and using the [img] tags.
Korenn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Korenn »

the rules and details for screenshots are mentioned in the sticky at the top of the forum.
Fairyfloss
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Fairyfloss »

Pilot wrote: 13 May 2020 08:54 That mainline between Birmingham and Oban certainly looks like it's going to be fun to upgrade in future!
Yep... and things are only going to get more and more crowded. So far things are mostly running smoothly, but it's only 1881 by now, so not a lot of traffic yet.
Pilot wrote: 13 May 2020 08:54 As for making attachments appear "inline", the file size needs to be less than 800x600px if my memory serves me correctly. The other way, as you've already found is hosting the image elsewhere and using the [img] tags.
Ahh, that makes sense. Good to know!
Korenn wrote: 13 May 2020 09:34 the rules and details for screenshots are mentioned in the sticky at the top of the forum.
Yeah, I saw that, but I couldn't find a section regarding double posts there...

Anyway, some more screenies!

By now, the year is 1880. I've funded some industry, towns have grown a bit... so future expansion of the mainline is going to get more and more crowded. Fortunately, I've already built a line to bypass the crowded mainline so future services can bypass the majority of the network. I might also have to make a secondary Birmingham station to accomodate more trains sometime soon...
Mainline - 1880.png
(664.04 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Just beyond Rhosneigr lie a bunch of junctions that have given me a headache from time to time, but I've reworked them to jam less often. I'm really fearing how much of a mess this can become in the future.
Junctions - 1880.png
(488.68 KiB) Not downloaded yet

But all that future stuff is something for future me to be worried about! Right now, I'm focusing on trying to climb down a hill, since I just learned that Birmingham Valley isn't actually the lowest point in the area! I seek to link up the city of March, and I fear that a straight line won't really work well for trains, not in 1880, at least, and especially not cargo trains! So, I'm gonna have to figure out how to take the long way down...
Descent - 1880.png
(279.07 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Korenn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Korenn »

as far as I know, in your own screenshot thread you can post as often as you want.

If not, I'm in big trouble :D
Fairyfloss
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Fairyfloss »

Some developments have been made so far!

Clerestory coaches have been introduced, so I've been quick to phase out most of the 6-wheel coaches. Right now only one train still uses them, though I might replace it's carriages soon as well. Unfortunately, there's no depot nearby, and I'm lazy, and the train is never full, so for now, it gets to keep it's 6-wheel coaches.
Furthermore, the descent down towards March has been completed, only for me to realize afterwards that it wasn't a city, just a big town. Oops.

Birmingham has received a bit of a rework, though it's only partially complete. I made room for a bigger station, though I have yet to decide whether to make it part of Birmingham CS, or to make it a seperate station. Decisions decisions... also some new Clerestory coaches visible in this image!
Birmingham Rework - 1880.png
(692.47 KiB) Not downloaded yet

In the meantime, I have labelled the junction as the junction of pain and suffering. Why? Not sure. I just feel like it's going to cause a lot of pain and suffering trying to make it better in the future. Birmingham's network might be a bigger mess, however.
Junction of Pain & Suffering - 1880.png
(289 KiB) Not downloaded yet

And finally, a shot of the descent into March, currently very sparsely serviced by only two locomotives...
Slithering Descent - 1880.png
Slithering Descent - 1880.png (223.04 KiB) Viewed 1315 times
Fairyfloss
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Fairy's Screenshots

Post by Fairyfloss »

So! Since I remembered having a screenshot thread, I figured I'd put it to use again. Show off some playtesting screenies from my UKRS2-in-NML/Fairy's Finescale UK Set/UK Finescale Set project, as well as whatever other things I decide to play with. Currently, that's AXIS Tropical. Also since I like writing stories and stuff, consider this taking place in some weird alternate world where ther's a roman empire in the 1800's or something. I just really like how these roman-style city names I put together turned out. Or ignore the flavour text and just look at the pictures.

- - - - -

It’s October of 1876, and a young woman with great dreams begins work on making them a reality. Servilia Paetinella’s family is not a famous one, but she desires to change that. Inspired by the rapid industrialization occurring in the heartland of the empire, she took out a loan and travelled to one of the colonies; the Land of Eris, with the goal of turning this neglected corner of the empire into one of its richest provinces.

After investing a large amount of her loan in setting up some smaller businesses to provide a steady flow of money, she’s spent most of the rest of it on the start of her dream. A passenger railway line between the towns of Loridia, Claterium and Regula, the latter of which she hopes to make the centre of the transportation empire she dreams of. It’s a small, insignificant town, but her great-grandfather was stationed here long, long ago, so it carries a special place in her heart.
22nd Oct 1876.png
(1.41 MiB) Not downloaded yet
The first two locomotives built for the Regula & Southern Railway are two 4-4-0 ‘Metropolitan’ type locomotives commonly found on suburban passenger routes near big cities in the empire. The choice to use them here is as much out of suitability as it is a statement of ambition. Already routes have been planned out for further future connections.

Mid 1878, and the company continues to expand with the addition of more railway links to nearby towns. Though the company’s profits are stable, they are still small, and the decision is made to take a big gamble. Nearby Regula sits a source of copper, though there are no destinations nearby to deliver it to, meaning one must be created. After lengthy negotiations with the Imperial Bank, a loan of 2.5 million Imperial Pounds is granted, and a Copper Concentrator is built in the nearby town of Morino. The plan turns out to be a profitable one, but this loan will take a long time for the company to pay off.
27th May 1878.png
(1.59 MiB) Not downloaded yet
A 2nd generation 0-6-0 ‘Goods’-type locomotive hauls a copper ore train down south towards Morino. A passenger line has been built heading southward as well, but due to the longer distances between towns, the choice has been made to use a 2-2-2 ‘Lady’-class locomotive on this route, given it’s increased speed. The nearby village of Tuscum, meanwhile, has been linked up to the network as well, and plans have been drawn out for a tunnel underneath the town, to be dug if a need for it ever arises.

As the 1870s draw to a close, the company is in a good position. Profit is stable, even if the large loan still hangs overhead, with payments frequently being made towards it. A connection has been made to the nearby city of Vandiaccium, which dwarfs the company’s headquarters of Regula, and some in the company suggest relocating the headquarters there, but Paetinella holds firm; Regula remains the company’s headquarters. It’s where copper is mined and loaded onto trains bound for Morino, which is the most profitable asset the company has at this time.
1st Aug 1879.png
(1.58 MiB) Not downloaded yet
A 2-2-2 ‘Lady’ departs from Vandiaccium, headed downhill towards Tortonum, Mantermae and linking up at Morino for a connection to Regula. In four years, a sizable network has been built up. Surely the 1880s will see the company reach new heights.

Return to “Screenshots”