Lack of functionality

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Brainmaniac
Engineer
Engineer

Lack of functionality

Post by Brainmaniac »

Obviously I love the game, that is why I am here.

I found one issue when I played yesterday. I had two cities ( A & B ) with one bank in each. Wanted to start transport valuables.

Made one train station in city A that were in the proximity of the bank.
The station did booth accept and provide valuables. All good!

In city B I could not make the train station close enough to the bank so I needed to make a transit train station outside the city and off load the train there and have trucks pick up the valuables and drive it to the bank. Kinda cool right!
So to the issue: the trucks could potentially pick up valuables from the bank in city B and bring it to the transit train station to be dropped off for the train to pick up and bring to city A - before starting the cycle again by loading the new valuables to bring back to city B.

Well, to the issue. If I put the train to both unload and off load on the transit station it would just offload its own valuables and then load them again to bring back to city A. The same would go for the trucks inside city B.

How could this be solved? I, don't know...
Korenn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Lack of functionality

Post by Korenn »

At city B you should have two stations, one for unloading the stuff from A, and another to load the stuff from B. Then have busses load and bring the stuff from A to the bank, load new valuables and bring those to the other station for the train t o load.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

1. Enable CargoDist, set armored cargo to asymmetrical.
2. Cargo from train station A to train station B should be marked as "transfer". This will stop the train from reloading it.
3. Trucks from train station B to lorry station near bank in town B will pick up the "transferred" cargo .
4. Cargo from bank in town B to the station in town B will also be marked as "transfer", and train will pick it up.
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

No need to set "transfert".

This is from original TTD, and there is no need with cargodist.
Just send trains between the two stationsA & B, and trucks between train station B and bank.
No need to "full load", "unload" or "transfert".
As soon as the cargo distribution graph will be recomputed (every few days) cargo will start transiting between the two banks using both directions.

You may just set up a waiting time as the stations for train and trucks to get a good rating (I usually set 250 ticks for trains and 150 ticks for trucks/buses).

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”