JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by JGR »

TrainLover wrote: 29 Apr 2020 15:14
JGR wrote: 29 Apr 2020 15:09
The most recent patchpack release (0.34.1) is already up to date relative to the most recent trunk release (1.10.1).
The prebuilt binary or the actual patch?
Both.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
TrainLover
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TrainLover »

Awesome, thanks!
Developer of North American Passenger Liveries: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=87228
maxiecool2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by maxiecool2 »

JGR wrote: 27 Apr 2020 16:41
maxiecool2 wrote: 27 Apr 2020 07:49 hey jgr
just to let you know i get crashes with 0.34.1
the mist annoying thing about the crashing is i have to load up all the windows after reloading the map
im using ubuntu mate xenial
updated opengfx to 0.5.2be
perhaps on each release you put links to the latest open g/m/sfx files, or the versions you use preloaded
Thanks for reporting this.
I've been unable reproduce this or find a cause, however I've made changes to assist in diagnosing the issue.
If you wouldn't mind upgrading to the most recent commit, that would be helpful.

This issue is not related to OpenGFX or related NewGRFs. These are not mine to distribute.
You can acquire them through the online content window in-game.
the current github commit is 0.34.1
youve sometimes asked for config files, maybe this has something to do with it, is there any compiling logs i can use?
Attachments
openttd.cfg
(21.97 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

maxiecool2 wrote: 30 Apr 2020 08:58 the current github commit is 0.34.1
youve sometimes asked for config files, maybe this has something to do with it, is there any compiling logs i can use?
The crashlog you sent previously is not from 0.34.1, it is several commits later.
There have some further commits since then as well.
`git pull` should updating your working copy.

I'll take a look at your config.

Edit: Crash reproduced

It seems that this this was a previously fixed issue where the fix was also not correct.
The previous fix has now been fixed.
I will do another release soon.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Korenn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Korenn »

JGR wrote: 30 Apr 2020 12:04 I will do another release soon.
Thanks for the new version. Though you forgot to update the top of the first post, so I was a bit confused when people had 0.34.2 binaries :)
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Korenn wrote: 02 May 2020 08:22
JGR wrote: 30 Apr 2020 12:04 I will do another release soon.
Thanks for the new version. Though you forgot to update the top of the first post, so I was a bit confused when people had 0.34.2 binaries :)
Thanks, that's sorted now.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
tokichiro
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tokichiro »

Not sure if I should post here.
I don't know if I did something wrong but I cannot get mine to work.
The train can load iron ore and wood but I want it to departure to next station when iron ore is fully loaded.
But instead the train just wait and will not leave until the wood trucks are full.
Did I set something wrong?
Attachments
Frinburg Transport, 23rd Sep 1990#1.png
(682.89 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Frinburg Transport, 23rd Sep 1990#2.png
Frinburg Transport, 23rd Sep 1990#2.png (684.03 KiB) Viewed 741 times
Frinburg Transport, 23rd Sep 1990.png
(664.12 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
tokichiro wrote: 03 May 2020 09:52 I don't know if I did something wrong but I cannot get mine to work.
The train can load iron ore and wood but I want it to departure to next station when iron ore is fully loaded.
But instead the train just wait and will not leave until the wood trucks are full.
Open the timetable (order windows top right button) and look for "automate" and "auto separate" buttons. Deactivate them, if acitvated. The functions are counterproductive for freight vehicles in many cases. Maybe that's all, maybe not.

If my tip from above does not solve the issue, possibly the Full-Load-Per-Cargo function is broken. Please provide a save game for a potential bug hunt when my tip does not help.

Tschö, Auge
tokichiro
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tokichiro »

Auge wrote: 03 May 2020 10:25 Hello
tokichiro wrote: 03 May 2020 09:52 I don't know if I did something wrong but I cannot get mine to work.
Open the timetable (order windows top right button) and look for "automate" and "auto separate" buttons. Deactivate them, if acitvated. The functions are counterproductive for freight vehicles in many cases. Maybe that's all, maybe not.

If my tip from above does not solve the issue, possibly the Full-Load-Per-Cargo function is broken. Please provide a save game for a potential bug hunt when my tip does not help.

Tschö, Auge
It is still not working when automate is off.
Here is the savegame.
Attachments
Frunington Transport, 3rd Feb 1990.sav
(241.31 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
LiiNaRuu
Engineer
Engineer

Post by LiiNaRuu »

tokichiro wrote: 03 May 2020 12:32

Tschö, Auge
Here is the savegame.
Hi tokichiro,

I've take a look into your savegame. It works for me as you expect it to work.
Your train is departuring as soon as the iron ore waggon is fully loaded.

It might be usefull if you could provide the savegame your screenshots above are from too.

LiiNaRuu
tokichiro
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tokichiro »

LiiNaRuu wrote: 04 May 2020 19:21
tokichiro wrote: 03 May 2020 12:32

Tschö, Auge
Here is the savegame.
Hi tokichiro,

I've take a look into your savegame. It works for me as you expect it to work.
Your train is departuring as soon as the iron ore waggon is fully loaded.

It might be usefull if you could provide the savegame your screenshots above are from too.

LiiNaRuu

Hi LiiNaruu,

Here are the screenshots. Thanks!
Attachments
Frunington Transport, 3rd Feb 1990#1.png
(823.93 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Frunington Transport, 3rd Feb 1990#2.png
(843.72 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Frunington Transport, 3rd Feb 1990.png
(819.92 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Dave

Post by Dave »

After a 10 month absence due to laptop dismay, I'm back. And here you still are. Still the best. Many thanks.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by 2TallTyler »

A user of my new town set reports an error when loading the NewGRF in JGRPP 0.26.2:
A fatal NewGRF error has occurred: Unknown Action 0 property 0x23 (sprite 115)
I can reproduce the crash in 0.26.2, but not in any current version of JGRPP or trunk. I will suggest the user updates their game, but is there a potential error in my code or was it in 0.26.2?

Thanks!
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

2TallTyler wrote: 06 May 2020 13:53 A user of my new town set reports an error when loading the NewGRF in JGRPP 0.26.2:
A fatal NewGRF error has occurred: Unknown Action 0 property 0x23 (sprite 115)
I can reproduce the crash in 0.26.2, but not in any current version of JGRPP or trunk. I will suggest the user updates their game, but is there a potential error in my code or was it in 0.26.2?

Thanks!
0.26.2 pre-dates the addition of that property to the specification/trunk. Your GRF could include a version check so that it emits an error on OpenTTD versions which are too old, or skips setting that property.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
LiiNaRuu
Engineer
Engineer

Post by LiiNaRuu »

[/quote]

Hi LiiNaruu,

[/quote]

Ok. There is a significant difference between my test and your documented PNGs.
In transition form "Frunington Transport, 3rd Feb 1990.png" --> to --> "Frunington Transport, 3rd Feb 1990#1.png"

It's not possible for me to reach the train load such as in your screenshot "Frunington Transport, 3rd Feb 1990#1.png" shown.
In fact the train is leaving at once if I unpause your game since iron ore is allready full loaded. I've tested your savegame on my PC running on Windows 10 with OpenTTD Version "openttd-custom-jgrpp-0.34.2-MINGW-win64.zip"
(See first Page of the post for a download link. )

There has been a fix on "load by cargo type" in the latest update v0.34.2 (2020-05-01). (see changelog for details)

Are you running on the latest version of JGR's Patch Pack?
tokichiro
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tokichiro »

LiiNaRuu wrote: 06 May 2020 15:39
Hi LiiNaruu,

[/quote]

Ok. There is a significant difference between my test and your documented PNGs.
In transition form "Frunington Transport, 3rd Feb 1990.png" --> to --> "Frunington Transport, 3rd Feb 1990#1.png"

It's not possible for me to reach the train load such as in your screenshot "Frunington Transport, 3rd Feb 1990#1.png" shown.
In fact the train is leaving at once if I unpause your game since iron ore is allready full loaded.
Frinburg Transport, 23rd Sep 1990_Train_leaving.PNG

I've tested your savegame on my PC running on Windows 10 with OpenTTD Version "openttd-custom-jgrpp-0.34.2-MINGW-win64.zip"
(See first Page of the post for a download link. )

There has been a fix on "load by cargo type" in the latest update v0.34.2 (2020-05-01). (see changelog for details)

Are you running on the latest version of JGR's Patch Pack?
[/quote]

Hi LiiNaruu,

Oh, silly me, I just noticed that there is a latest version which released few days ago.
Updated and it works perfectly.
Deeply sorry for wasting your valuable time :(
LiiNaRuu
Engineer
Engineer

Post by LiiNaRuu »

[/quote]
Updated and it works perfectly.
Deeply sorry for wasting your valuable time :(
[/quote]

No problem. Your're welcome.
superpixel242
Engineer
Engineer

Post by superpixel242 »

How many space do you need?
2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by 2TallTyler »

0.26.2 pre-dates the addition of that property to the specification/trunk. Your GRF could include a version check so that it emits an error on OpenTTD versions which are too old, or skips setting that property.
Phew. Thanks.
BeSt-Com
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by BeSt-Com »

Hello,
is there anybody who can give me a (download link to a) complete linux version of jgrpp-0.34.2 :oops: not able to compile for my own...

Return to “OpenTTD Development”