Locomotion Mods

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Locomotion Mods

Post by Zakos »

When you reinstalled the game, did it go to Program Files or Program Files (x86)?
Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Shadowknight1166 »

Program Files x86 but like I said, the mods have to remain in the file explorer or my game will not start, but they are no longer in the game itself and thats what matters to me. So my other issue has still not been solved yet. Why in some maps checked items in the locomod show up but others dont. Clifftop Climb right now is the one I am having difficulty with. But I started a new Great Britain and Ireland map and using the LocoMod, everything checked shows up in game so I dont understand why in one map it does work and others it doesnt.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Well first of all, you did it the hard way again. You should have used the scenario editor to load the Great Britain and Ireland scenario, add mods, and save it as a new scenario to distinguish the two, then start a new game on the modded scenario. The only reason LocoMod should be useful is when you have a saved game that you don't want to restart.

As for Clifftop Climb, I still don't know. I've tried LocoMod on my own saved files of it and they work perfectly, so this might be a problem limited to your hardware. The program is unstable and sometimes won't open certain saved games, and this might be an extension of that.

I do maintain, however: If you are willing to start a new game, then you will be able to successfully add mods by making a new, modded version of Clifftop Climb with the scenario editor. There should be no reason that it wouldn't work.
Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

I did create a new one and save it as a new scenario for Great Britain and Ireland and everything in the LocoMod is there but as for Clifftop Cllimb, I dont know what to do because in one file, I have trams but not airplanes and the one I am currently working on, I have planes but no trams. And I modded this scenario with two separate names.
Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

And a whole new issue. I have a truck that is stuck on one stop and will not go to its next destination no matter what I have tried. It will not go to its next destination.
Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

nevermind. Had it set at a start desintion that wasnt on its route.
Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

I know this is probably like the who knows what number that I have posted this issue but here it is and after this post I wont pester with it anymore and anyone who wants to look at can scroll back to it. So the issue: Using the LocoMod, some maps things that I check dont show up even when I create a new game and save it. Clifftop Climb is the one I am having issues with. I went into the scenario editor and modified it, changed the starting date and a few other things but I dont know if that counts towards "modding" but regardless, like I said, changed the starting date and a few other things, start the newly edited map, save the game, open the file in LocoMod, select things that I want and when I go back into the saved file, some things are not there. I have two Clifftop Climb scenarios, one is North America theme and the other is Great Britain, vehicles and such mainly. On my NA saved file, I have trams but no aircraft and on my Great Britain one, I have aircraft but no trams. I have no idea what to do to help fix this. Anyone who knows something please tell me. Like I said, this is the last post I will make regarding this issue.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

You're completely missing the point and adding an extra step. Go into the scenario editor, expand the items tabs so you can select extra vehicles that you'd like and save it as your new scenario to start with. Don't use LocoMod at all if you use the scenario editor; it will not be necessary. Both methods are separate methods of adding in mods, one for new games (scenario editor) and the other for existing saved games (LocoMod). LocoMod has a bunch of flaws and bugs; the scenario editor has almost none because it's already a feature of the game.

TL;DR: Use one or the other. You will never need to use both.
Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

Ok that I understand but the issue regarding why some of my selected items in game after I save my new modded scenario not showing up still is unresolved.
Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

Well not exactly the way I was told but increasing the year did the trick. Was trying at 1950 and not getting what I want so moved ahead to 1960 and things are working.
Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

Yeah Im thinking it was the year that was the problem but on other maps that didnt matter oh well, problem solved.
Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

So whole new questiion: When you create or mod a scenario in the scenario editor, can you edit that scenario and is there any way the changes can be reflected into an already existing saved game or would I have to start over with the changes made?
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

You have to start over, that's the only downside. Existing saved games run off of whatever version of the scenario you started with.
Lighthouse
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: ´s-Hertogenbosch (AKA "The Duke´s Forest") , the Netherlands

Post by Lighthouse »

There is a backup tool made by Plastikman.
https://www.owenrudge.net/download/download?t=10&id=203
The only thing that is not very successful in the wireless version : Bungee Jumping 8o
Just fold at the dotted line and cut it out with a pair of scissors. If you are under the age of 16 please ask one of your parents or an adult supervisor if she/he can help you.
Image........................................................................................
ImageImage
Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

Well, strange this is when I try to setup a game prior to 1950, not all of my items show up, but 1955 and later, everything I select does, so strange and weird. Some vehicles but others dont. But I am happy that post 1955, it works.

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”