OpenTTD 1.10.0 released

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

OpenTTD 1.10.0 released

Post by Lord Aro »

Hello campers!

We thought we should give everyone currently under quarantine/lockdown/shelter-in-place something to do with their time, so we decided to release a new version of your favourite game! Not like it’s the same time we do releases every year or anything!

Many new features since 1.9 for you to enjoy:
  • NewRoadTypes - NewGRF-provided roadtypes, similar to railtypes, allow users to have slow roads and fast roads and dusty roads. Now available at your nearest Content Download window.
  • Docks are no longer limited to 1 per station, and ships can load/unload at all parts of the dock.
  • Ability to show coverage area for stations, and authority region for towns.
  • A new screenshot type and screenshot window!
  • Improved logic for sharing cargo between stations, and an improved algorithm for transfer feeder payments.
  • A new titlegame for this release by ALEXbr, who won this year’s competition on the forums.
And many, many more features, changes, improvements, and bug fixes. See the changelog for further details.

Keep safe, wash your hands, and play OpenTTD!

Download
Changelog
Bug tracker
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Re: OpenTTD 1.10.0 released

Post by orudge »

It should also pop up in the Windows Store in the next few days for those using that version. :)
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Hi, it is nice to see roadtypes and tramtypes thats for sure. However I wanted to try this feature, but sadly enough there is no nmlc for Windows anywhere posted. The last version for Windows is around March '19, and nothing in the "latest" for Windows. So should I've wait patiently or should I say something?

Because there actually FEAT_ROADTYPES and my nmlc doesn't recognize it. If there is Win32 version of latest NMLC I would love to be pointed there. Many thanks.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

You can find what I am planning next, or doing right now right in my developer diary.
Slovakia | lang : slovak | english

SLOVAK DISCORD SERVER I (and others Slovak and Czech creators) write there in Slovak about what I (ot they are) am planning. This invitation is valid for 100 users.
It is alive and well. :)
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Release time!

Thanks everybody! :D

Re: nmlc release, you can track progress in 2 issues on GitHub
* https://github.com/OpenTTD/nml/issues/42
* https://github.com/OpenTTD/nml/issues/43

There are only a handful of active devs currently :)

All recent work has been for
* getting OpenGFX upgraded and released
* getting OpenTTD 1.10.0 out
* a big behind the scenes automation effort for publishing OpenTTD and content like OpenGFX
* replacing current Bananas, as hosting deadline for it approaches
* restoring newgrf web translator

New contributors would be very welcome! Especially for nmlc and for newgrf docs :)

cheers,

Andy
Fredinho
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Fredinho »

Lovely!

but is it not possible to prohibit towns building their own roads anymore?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Fredinho wrote: 09 Apr 2020 16:41 Lovely!

but is it not possible to prohibit towns building their own roads anymore?
It's in the game settings. You may need to set the view to "expert" to see it.
Fredinho
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Fredinho »

Aha, thank you so much!
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

OpenTTD 1.10.1 released

Post by jfs »

Version 1.10.1 released, just fixes a few bugs. The two most important are reverting a break in the admin port protocol, and a crash bug related to clearing tiles next to docks.

Download
Changelog
Bug tracker
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I've stickied this topic, unless indeed we want a brand new 1.10.1 topic. :mrgreen:
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
BeefGriller
Engineer
Engineer

OpenTTD 1.10.0 released

Post by BeefGriller »

Hi all,

I tried OpenTTD more than a few years ago, and have been playing it off and on for the last two years or so.

I have a late 2015 iMac. It runs somewhat slowly - as in the cursor lags behind the movement of the mouse, scrolling in selection windows clicks one at a time, message popups come up staggeringly, line by line, etc.. That is, it was this way... until I downloaded 1.10.1 last night.

I had to stop at the startup screen to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. The planes, trains, and automobiles were zooming across the screen. The mouse wasn't lagging. Was I imagining things? Well, let me load my last save and get back to what I'm used to.

And, nope! Everything was zooming along fluidly! No slight pauses when everything moved; no waiting for the mouse to catch up to my movements before I click; trains chugging along; planes flying smoothly; menu selections and scrolling moving superbly! It was like I was playing a totally different game!

So, if the devs are here, I want to thank you for boosting the performance of this game on MacOS. You've done an amazing job. It actually runs at the same speed as my old PS/2 running DOS now.

EDIT: OK, it runs faster than my DOS machine 20+ years ago. But I just created this account to thank whomever is responsible.
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

OpenTTD 1.10.2 released

Post by jfs »

And version 1.10.2 is now released.

The important changes are especially several bugs causing desync in multiplayer.

Download
Changelog
Bug tracker

Return to “General OpenTTD”