Having trouble with nml makefiles

Discussions about the technical aspects of graphics development, including NewGRF tools and utilities.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Olympus593
Engineer
Engineer

Having trouble with nml makefiles

Post by Olympus593 »

Hi there, hope someone can help me. I'm trying to make a grf using multiple .pnml files to make the job of coding a lot easier. However, I keep getting this error whenever I run make

Code: Select all

make: Circular PNR-Trains.nml <- PNR-Trains.nml dependency dropped.
make: *** No rule to make target 'pnr-trains.grf', needed by 'PNR-Trains.nml'.  Stop.
LaRoso
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Having trouble with nml makefiles

Post by LaRoso »

Olympus593 wrote: 11 Apr 2020 07:41 Hi there, hope someone can help me. I'm trying to make a grf using multiple .pnml files to make the job of coding a lot easier. However, I keep getting this error whenever I run make

make: *** No rule to make target 'pnr-trains.grf', needed by 'PNR-Trains.nml'.  Stop.
Did you check upper and lower case? I see it tries to make a 'pnr-trains.grf' from a 'PNR-Trains.nml'
If you checked that, and it's not the problem, then we need more information:
[+] Spoiler
Where did you get the Make files from?
Did you set up the compile environment correctly?
What OS do you have?
Did you check upper and lower case? I see it tries to make a 'pnr-trains.grf' from a 'PNR-Trains.nml'
Olympus593
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Olympus593 »

LaRoso wrote: 11 Apr 2020 09:35
Olympus593 wrote: 11 Apr 2020 07:41 Hi there, hope someone can help me. I'm trying to make a grf using multiple .pnml files to make the job of coding a lot easier. However, I keep getting this error whenever I run make

If you checked that, and it's not the problem, then we need more information:
[+] Spoiler
Where did you get the Make files from?
Did you set up the compile environment correctly?
What OS do you have?

I'm on linux. My environment is set properly. The makefiles were from here https://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/ma ... repository

That's the part that I don't get. How does it mess up capitalization when it is supposed to parse those strings from the makefile.conf provided.
LaRoso
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LaRoso »

Olympus593 wrote: 11 Apr 2020 10:41 How does it mess up capitalization when it is supposed to parse those strings from the makefile.conf provided.
so you did use upper case letters in the config?
Olympus593
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Olympus593 »

LaRoso wrote: 11 Apr 2020 10:48
Olympus593 wrote: 11 Apr 2020 10:41 How does it mess up capitalization when it is supposed to parse those strings from the makefile.conf provided.
so you did use upper case letters in the config?
Yup.

I'm basically modifying the makefile directly now. Solved the capitalization issue but now I have a caching issue?

make: *** No rule to make target '.nmlcache/gfx/DMU_KIHA_35.png.cache', needed by 'PNR-Trains.nml'.  Stop.
Edit: It does the job of assembling all the indicated .pnml files into a single .nml file but fails to compile the .nml to a grf.

Return to “NewGRF Technical Discussions”