Locomotion Mods

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Locomotion Mods

Post by Shadowknight1166 »

The Locomod doesnt work because I go into scenario mode to add things that I did not add the first time, go back to load my saved game, nothing has changed. Explain this please. I dont want to have to start over just because I forgot to check several items.
Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

In the locomod editor or actual game?
Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

Nevermind, got it working. So use this and then in game when I load my saved game, anything I checked through the editor will be in the game?
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Should be, as long as you checked it also under the companies tab.
Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

It works but it also kinda breaks the game because I have vehicles unlocked that dont become available until later. I'm on the NA Midwest Map for example starting in 1955. And have the Dash 7, Century and other that dont even become available normally until later. Sorta cheating. But it works.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Oh, sorry. That one's on me. You only have to select them to enable them if they should already be available. If they haven't been invented, then skip that extra step because it'll unlock them like it normally would.
Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

Ok so I have a file that is a edited version of na midwest 1945 but it will not load and I get an error message, I dont know if I am missing something or what is going on? I dont know if I have unchecked something or what. My other files load perfectly fine so I dont know what to do. Any suggestions?
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

What does the error message say?
Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

And another thing, the money cheat that is on the loco depot site where I got this mod, its only in Euros, is there a way to change it from Euros because I prefer to use $. And the options are greyed out so I dont know how to use it or if its even valid.
Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

It says access violation: 004A848F. Error location unknown. I dont know what I did wrong. I didnt have this issue before. And a whole separate issue: On a custom generated map that I made, one map, the mod works but on a different saved file of that same map, it doesn't. I have several teams selected but they are not showing up. Explain this.
Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

Ok so it's not working on either. Explain this please. I get everything else that I have checked in the mod but not the trams.
Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

And a whole different issue, in game: my custom maps show up but outside, they dont. Or am I not looking in the right place.
Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

Well now on my custom maps, nothing I have selected in the mod is showing up in game. So why is it not working now? Somethings I have selected show up but others dont. And some that show up in my 1950s map dont in my 1930s map and I have the same items selected for both. But on my 1930s map, my buses and trams and ships dont show up. So what is going on? Anyone has any ideas, please tell me. This is getting on my nerves.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Shadowknight1166 wrote: 04 Apr 2020 19:27its only in Euros
Pretty sure that one only works in Euros. I don't need to use it anymore so I don't remember anything about the options menu, but just divide the amount you want by 2 if you want specific dollar amounts e.g. if you want $100,000 enter 50.000€.
Shadowknight1166 wrote: 04 Apr 2020 19:33It says access violation: 004A848F. Error location unknown.
That means you probably removed something that was in use accidentally, or the file has just been corrupted. LocoMod automatically makes a backup of any files modified in case something goes wrong. Go to your file explorer (outside of game, not inside) and look for a file that has the saved game's name but ends with .SV5.BAK (e.g. Boulder Breakers.SV5.BAK) and rename it with just the .SV5 extension (Boulder Breakers.SV5).
Shadowknight1166 wrote: 04 Apr 2020 19:33On a custom generated map that I made, one map, the mod works but on a different saved file of that same map, it doesn't.
Shadowknight1166 wrote: 04 Apr 2020 19:35 Ok so it's not working on either. I get everything else that I have checked in the mod but not the trams.
I need more information in order to understand what's going on. My best guess is you forgot to select the trams under the companies tab in LocoMod but I may be wrong. This is why I recommend starting a new game with your own custom scenario or your rework of an existing one; using the tools the game provides will be a lot more stable.
Shadowknight1166 wrote: 04 Apr 2020 19:37And a whole different issue, in game: my custom maps show up but outside, they dont. Or am I not looking in the right place.
If you have a disc installation of the game, everything should show up in the same location: [your hard drive, probably C]:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Locomotion. Otherwise it'll be in a different folder. I'm not sure how GoG handles it, but the Steam version goes to [hard drive]:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Locomotion. I remember the Steam version of one of the Chris Sawyer games having an issue, probably RCT1; it would save games to the Atari folder but the rest of the data would be in the Steam folder, or vice versa (I don't exactly remember). If you have a downloaded version, check both paths to see if both folders exist; if they do, go in-game and see where the game takes you automatically and relocate your saved files to that folder once you exit the game.

Also,
Shadowknight1166 wrote: 04 Apr 2020 19:33Explain this.
I'm not a robot, I'm a dude getting on his computer and troubleshooting each question to the best of my ability. I could probably fix it if I were there in person, but I'm not, so please be patient with me and provide as much context as you can for the issues.
Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

Ok so sorry for all the questions. So how come some of the items I check dont show up in the game. Because I check them in the mod, then save my game file so why are the selected items not showing up?
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Are they all vehicles? Because if so, they should show up just fine so long as you have them selected under the companies tab.

For stations, signals, and track extensions, you may need to take other steps. Specifically which objects are you trying to use?
Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

Trams and airplanes. Some of my saves, they show up, others they dont. I dont know why. So any suggestions are welcome and when I do start a new game, the same issue applies, cause I make a save file for that map, use the mod, go back into the save file and what I have checked, some of which dont show up.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

If it's just a few vehicles, I'm not sure why they're not showing up. They should be present like the rest of the mods.

I still say you should use the scenario editor to make a separate version of that map, especially if you're starting new games anyway. It's easier and more stable.
Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

I do that but those items dont become available until that date and when I go out and use the mod, they dont show up in the game.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

All I can offer is that you might not be selecting them under the companies tab as well.

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”