JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

F/A18
Engineer
Engineer

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by F/A18 »

Greetings :))
Firstly, I would like to thank JGR both for this awesome patch pack and for continual support he gives it. It is absolutely marvelous.

Also, I would like to ask if there is a chance that "Snow in Temperate" feature will be added?
I know it was requested before and that there was some discussion about it, but it is sadly still one of the things TTD Patch was able to do (even if it needed a newgrf to function and the implementation wasn't that smooth), yet never got enough support in OTTD. There was a patch that was able to allow this feature in the past in for the base OTTD, so if you wish to look at that branch, it would be great.
(I am aware that it it possible to get somewhat similar results with OpenGFX+ Landscape parameters in Arctic climate, yet due to various restrictions that some graphic sets have, it is unable to truly replace that feature).
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

Any chance to get MacOS build? Wine keeps giving me errors. :(
Attachments
Näyttökuva 2020-3-24 kello 21.08.19.png
Näyttökuva 2020-3-24 kello 21.08.19.png (11.9 KiB) Viewed 7617 times
Näyttökuva 2020-3-24 kello 21.12.17.png
Näyttökuva 2020-3-24 kello 21.12.17.png (18.27 KiB) Viewed 7617 times
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
alluke wrote: 24 Mar 2020 18:44 Any chance to get MacOS build? Wine keeps giving me errors. :(
The best chance to get an OpenTTD-MacOS-build is to compile it yourself.

Attention: I have no clue if the wiki page is up-to-date or outdated. There are a few MacOS-users here. Maybe someone else is able to confirm or warn.

Tschö, Auge
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

https://www.parallels.com/uk/ , runs no problem on Mac , I have Windows 10 running nice and smooth .
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-03-25 at 00.29.00.png
(4.72 MiB) Not downloaded yet
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

F/A18 wrote: 21 Mar 2020 20:59 Greetings :))
Firstly, I would like to thank JGR both for this awesome patch pack and for continual support he gives it. It is absolutely marvelous.

Also, I would like to ask if there is a chance that "Snow in Temperate" feature will be added?
I know it was requested before and that there was some discussion about it, but it is sadly still one of the things TTD Patch was able to do (even if it needed a newgrf to function and the implementation wasn't that smooth), yet never got enough support in OTTD. There was a patch that was able to allow this feature in the past in for the base OTTD, so if you wish to look at that branch, it would be great.
(I am aware that it it possible to get somewhat similar results with OpenGFX+ Landscape parameters in Arctic climate, yet due to various restrictions that some graphic sets have, it is unable to truly replace that feature).
Many thanks.

There isn't anything to support snow in the temperate climate at present.
Snow is the only really significant difference between the arctic and temperate climates, so adding snow to the temperate climate would make them pretty much the same.
This is also likely to cause issues with NewGRFs which are entitled to assume that the temperate climate does not have snow.
I for one use the arctic climate more or less exclusively.
alluke wrote: 24 Mar 2020 18:44 Any chance to get MacOS build? Wine keeps giving me errors. :(
Unfortunately I'm not in the Apple club and cross-compiling for Apple platforms is effectively infeasible.
Other players who use Macs may choose to upload their compiled builds, but I can't guarantee that any such uploads are correct or will work.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

JGR wrote: 25 Mar 2020 12:24
F/A18 wrote: 21 Mar 2020 20:59I would like to ask if there is a chance that "Snow in Temperate" feature will be added?
There isn't anything to support snow in the temperate climate at present.
Snow is the only really significant difference between the arctic and temperate climates, so adding snow to the temperate climate would make them pretty much the same.
This is also likely to cause issues with NewGRFs which are entitled to assume that the temperate climate does not have snow.
I for one use the arctic climate more or less exclusively.
One can create a NewGRF that uses Action A and Action 5 to bring Temperate groundtiles into Arctic. The challenge would be with the snow-to-grass transition tiles. They do not exist in temperate. Also, other features such as industries would retain their arctic grass where they use grass. The question is not "Can it be done?" but rather is it worth the time and trouble. My own dream would be <snow><transition><arctic grass><transition><temperate grass> but I imagine this would have a significant hit on game performance.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

wallyweb wrote: 25 Mar 2020 20:03 One can create a NewGRF that uses Action A and Action 5 to bring Temperate groundtiles into Arctic. The challenge would be with the snow-to-grass transition tiles. They do not exist in temperate. Also, other features such as industries would retain their arctic grass where they use grass. [...]
Isn't that what my rather ancient AlpineClimate grf did?

regards
Michael
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

michael blunck wrote: 25 Mar 2020 21:40
wallyweb wrote: 25 Mar 2020 20:03 One can create a NewGRF that uses Action A and Action 5 to bring Temperate groundtiles into Arctic. The challenge would be with the snow-to-grass transition tiles. They do not exist in temperate. Also, other features such as industries would retain their arctic grass where they use grass. [...]
Isn't that what my rather ancient AlpineClimate grf did?
AHA! That must be where I stole borrowed the idea. :mrgreen:
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

Hi there,

I seem to have suffered a crash, although I do not know when or what the issue is/was.
Attachments
OpenTTD Crash Report 26.03.20.docx
(21.42 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Take a look at: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=74993
Why do it tomorrow when you can do it today
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

dol422 wrote: 26 Mar 2020 16:48 Hi there,

I seem to have suffered a crash, although I do not know when or what the issue is/was.
Thanks for the report, I am looking into the issue.
Would it be possible to also upload the crash.sav file?
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

JGR wrote: 27 Mar 2020 15:35
dol422 wrote: 26 Mar 2020 16:48 Hi there,

Thanks for the report, I am looking into the issue.
Would it be possible to also upload the crash.sav file?
Here is the save game.
Attachments
crash.sav
(9.05 MiB) Downloaded 71 times
Take a look at: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=74993
Why do it tomorrow when you can do it today
Diesel Power
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Diesel Power »

Somthing is causing this to happen to FIRS 4 steeltown (64 cargoes). Some cargos are listed as (undefines string), although in not missing any. and the payment rate of one has dropped to £0. Saw this after upgrading to 33.2. I'm not using any payment rate modifiers.
Attachments
The Mountain Movers, 11th May 2001.png
(321.39 KiB) Not downloaded yet
cmhbob
Engineer
Engineer

Post by cmhbob »

Just upgraded to 33.2 and started a new game. Clicking train vehicle details with CTRL pressed no longer opens the window on total cargo. instead, it opens the the Company Train listing with the selected train's group highlighted. (was set in 31.0)
--
Bob
The wrinkles only go where the smiles have been...
Me, elsewhere
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Diesel Power wrote: 28 Mar 2020 19:33 Somthing is causing this to happen to FIRS 4 steeltown (64 cargoes). Some cargos are listed as (undefines string), although in not missing any. and the payment rate of one has dropped to £0. Saw this after upgrading to 33.2. I'm not using any payment rate modifiers.
I had a quick look to see if I can repro this (saves JGR hunting down unreleased FIRS versions) :)

I can't trigger it in a new game. Was this from a new game, or loading a previous savegame? ;)
Diesel Power
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Diesel Power »

Don't worry, i've found the culprit. It's the station ratings GRF (64 cargoes) by 3iff. The one that used to be part of the FIRS code. I'll post in his thead.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

cmhbob wrote: 29 Mar 2020 03:38 Just upgraded to 33.2 and started a new game. Clicking train vehicle details with CTRL pressed no longer opens the window on total cargo. instead, it opens the the Company Train listing with the selected train's group highlighted. (was set in 31.0)
This behaviour was recently added in trunk: https://github.com/OpenTTD/OpenTTD/pull/7800
It takes precedence over the previous behaviour which wasn't in trunk. I will look into what could be usefully done about this in due course.
dol422 wrote: 28 Mar 2020 12:35 ...
Here is the save game.
Thanks, I have not been able to reproduce the issue, however I have a strong suspicion as to cause and will be making some mitigating changes shortly.
Edit: Changes have been made which will be in the next release.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

cmhbob wrote: 29 Mar 2020 03:38 Just upgraded to 33.2 and started a new game. Clicking train vehicle details with CTRL pressed no longer opens the window on total cargo. instead, it opens the the Company Train listing with the selected train's group highlighted. (was set in 31.0)
I've changed it to shift to avoid the clash with trunk.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Is it possible to enhance the custom bridge heads, there's a few relatively minor niggles with it.

If you try to build a bridge from here to here, it won't work: https://i.ibb.co/7k3pqLD/2020-04-01-02- ... 0-33-2.png
However if you delete the block on the right hand side of that, it works: https://i.ibb.co/zhcL6b5/2020-04-01-02- ... 0-33-2.png
You can then fill in the gaps on the side, and you get the same result you'd have got, had you been allowed to do what the first images says no to: https://i.ibb.co/GcsHrhz/2020-04-01-02- ... 0-33-2.png

Is it possible to enhance it in a manner where it lets you build a bridge from the initial start point to begin with?
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
cmhbob
Engineer
Engineer

Post by cmhbob »

JGR wrote: 31 Mar 2020 23:11
I've changed it to shift to avoid the clash with trunk.
Much appreciated.
--
Bob
The wrinkles only go where the smiles have been...
Me, elsewhere
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Redirect Left wrote: 01 Apr 2020 01:26 Is it possible to enhance the custom bridge heads, there's a few relatively minor niggles with it.

If you try to build a bridge from here to here, it won't work: https://i.ibb.co/7k3pqLD/2020-04-01-02- ... 0-33-2.png
However if you delete the block on the right hand side of that, it works: https://i.ibb.co/zhcL6b5/2020-04-01-02- ... 0-33-2.png
You can then fill in the gaps on the side, and you get the same result you'd have got, had you been allowed to do what the first images says no to: https://i.ibb.co/GcsHrhz/2020-04-01-02- ... 0-33-2.png

Is it possible to enhance it in a manner where it lets you build a bridge from the initial start point to begin with?
There isn't any support for that at the moment.
It should not be impossible to add, but there would be a certain amount of complexity to handle all the cases correctly.
I can look into it when time permits.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github

Return to “OpenTTD Development”