Who's the cleverest on here?

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Who's the cleverest on here?

Post by Badger »

Well it won't be me this week, i was terrible!
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I remember we used to have to be very competitive and get it done in the quickest possible time, as everybody got the answers right. 9/10 for me today though, could do better...
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

It took me double orudge's time, but it paid off thinking. 10/10 for today!

The author writing in the 'depression' was a fluke. I knew it definitely wasn't two of them, and had to 50/50 coin toss the choice!
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I too missed just the one question, but then I did so more slowly than Owen. Third place is still a podium. :mrgreen:
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

I totally forgot about this... Nice! :D
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Boom, quickest 10/10 time!
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by rbos86 »

I don't understand...

rbos86' Screenshots thread is here
rbos86' Unrealistic Dutch games -thread, on the other hand,is this button
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I think I played this a few times and I forgot about it.

Recently I've been participating in a private competition of Learned League with some friends. We're not officially in it and are running days behind, but it's been fun and challenging. I'm consistently score around 3 out of 6 a day. Unfortunately among my friends that also puts me at about the middle of the pack LOL
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Could we set something like this up again but make it weekly rather than daily? We don't all play every day, but a weekly challenge would probably give an acceptable amount of entries!
My Scenarios:
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Perhaps a new site may be best, as this website doesn't appear to have changed at all since we first started this in 2009, i wonder if there's any other websites doing it.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Redirect Left wrote: 17 Feb 2020 17:02 Perhaps a new site may be best, as this website doesn't appear to have changed at all since we first started this in 2009, i wonder if there's any other websites doing it.
If it's working, why change it? :)
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

kamnet wrote: 18 Feb 2020 03:16
Redirect Left wrote: 17 Feb 2020 17:02 Perhaps a new site may be best, as this website doesn't appear to have changed at all since we first started this in 2009, i wonder if there's any other websites doing it.
If it's working, why change it? :)
For the reasons already stated, with it being seemingly so outdated, I'd be cautious about how secure its back end is for keeping emails and passwords safe, it seems to be a website operating on life support only.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

The front-end site design is certainly dated looking. But checking headers and server details it looks like everything on the backend is up to date and secure.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

For one, FunTrivia seems unable to offer weekly challenges. You can create a tournament and only run it once per week, but it would then be closed for the other 6 days. meaning you can only play on Mondays for example.

Another option is a chatroom on IRC with a quiz bot that's awake 24/7. Those can usually be fed your own questions too, so that we can theme it to our liking. Then again, IRC isn't all too modern either, and surely some users would not find their way there.
My Scenarios:
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Chrill wrote: 18 Feb 2020 14:33 Another option is a chatroom on IRC with a quiz bot that's awake 24/7. Those can usually be fed your own questions too, so that we can theme it to our liking. Then again, IRC isn't all too modern either, and surely some users would not find their way there.
If we do go that way, you could add an option on the first post that says "click here fore quiz", or even a 'quiz' button on the header of the forum, next to 'Donate' & 'Wiki', takes you to a page that is actually essentially a chat application that uses IRC in the background, and on connection it auto-inserts the command needed to trigger the bot and its quiz options.

Return to “Off-Topic”