JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by dol422 »

Hello there,

Seem to have a problem downloading the game on a new Windows 10 laptop. Downloaded the 32-bit and 64-bit build on two separate occasions, and on both it says need graphics files which I cannot access.
Take a look at: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=74993
Why do it tomorrow when you can do it today
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

dol422 wrote: 25 Dec 2019 20:00 Hello there,

Seem to have a problem downloading the game on a new Windows 10 laptop. Downloaded the 32-bit and 64-bit build on two separate occasions, and on both it says need graphics files which I cannot access.
I'm guessing it wants OpenGFX, this should be available to download ingame, unless you cannot actually launch that far. What is the error produced when you "cannot access" these files?
OpenGFX can be downloaded seperately here; https://www.openttd.org/downloads/openg ... atest.html
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
evepoi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by evepoi »

I can't speak English and write with Google Translator.

Questions :
While playing version 0.32.4, the game suddenly stopped with "no response".

The same symptom occurs on other computers, and if the GRF is a problem, I installed the version of GRF down but it hangs the same.

Soon, I hope you will be able to reliably repair the problem.

dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

Redirect Left wrote: 26 Dec 2019 00:36

I'm guessing it wants OpenGFX, this should be available to download ingame, unless you cannot actually launch that far. What is the error produced when you "cannot access" these files?
OpenGFX can be downloaded seperately here; https://www.openttd.org/downloads/openg ... atest.html
The game won't let me get that far. I have the latest stable release installed with all graphics files but this error message still shows up.
Attachments
Untitled.png
(63.69 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Take a look at: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=74993
Why do it tomorrow when you can do it today
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

dol422 wrote: 26 Dec 2019 17:21
Redirect Left wrote: 26 Dec 2019 00:36

The game won't let me get that far. I have the latest stable release installed with all graphics files but this error message still shows up.
Try to download OpenGFX from https://www.openttd.org/downloads/openg ... atest.html - select the binary file, then place that file into the folder you extracted this patch pack to, in the 'baseset' folder, i don't think you need to unpack the files from the .zip file, just place the file there - try to launch OpenTTD now. You can then (optionally) download OpenSFX fron the ingame online menus for sounds.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
whispous
Engineer
Engineer

Post by whispous »

whispous wrote: 24 Dec 2019 21:53 Hello, I am repeatedly having trouble when I compile on ubuntu.

https://i.imgur.com/Amjl140.png

When I launch the game after this clearly incorrect compile, I have the version as nover000 - and so will not be able to connect to the eventual server it will be.
I have tried the latest, the previous 4 versions too with the same result. I'm downloading the zip. I am rather novice with linux and compiling. I have done this the same way with success a few times before.
Just a note to say I figured out this problem.

The problem, for people searching:

While compiling I saw

Code: Select all

checking revision... no detection
WARNING: there is no means to determine the version.
WARNING: please use a subversion, mercurial, or git checkout of OpenTTD
WARNING: you can only join game servers that have been compiled wihout version detection
Leading to a game that displays a version of "norev000".

What I was doing: I was unpacking the files from the zip into a folder I named myself.
What I should have been doing: unpacking into the default named folder (in my case, the folder needed to be called OpenTTD-patches-jgrpp-0.32.4
I compiled it while it was inside that folder and it all worked perfectly.
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

dol422 wrote: 26 Dec 2019 17:21 The game won't let me get that far. I have the latest stable release installed with all graphics files but this error message still shows up.
Looks like we snuck in a bug back when native Win32/Uniscribe text rendering support was added, forgot to allow that to work in the boostrap GUI. I'm making a bugfix for that.
R-TEAM
Engineer
Engineer

Post by R-TEAM »

additional suggestion :)

boyouts from company A should be "auto removed" if company A terminated .....

Regards
kaenguruh
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kaenguruh »

Hi. I have a question regarding programmable signals in the JGR patch pack.
I have activated the programmable signals button in the settings menu, but I'm at a loss regarding actually programming signals. The button doesn't seem to do anything. If it is activated, and I left-click a signal, it just changes its orientation (e.g. from one-way to two-way).
Routing restrictions work fine, btw. - if I activate the button and click a signal, a window for routing restrictions opens – but I gather programmable signals are something different.
Gliptal
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gliptal »

Haven't updated JGR in a while, but with the latest I'm getting this error:
Screenshot (9).png
Screenshot (9).png (5.71 KiB) Viewed 4375 times
Is this known or maybe an issue with trunk? I have the latest OpenGFX 0.5.5.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Gliptal wrote: 30 Dec 2019 14:19 Haven't updated JGR in a while, but with the latest I'm getting this error:

Screenshot (9).png

It is a known issue with OpenGFX base graphics set.
Gliptal
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gliptal »

kamnet wrote: 30 Dec 2019 14:50
Gliptal wrote: 30 Dec 2019 14:19 Haven't updated JGR in a while, but with the latest I'm getting this error:

Screenshot (9).png

It is a known issue with OpenGFX base graphics set.
Ok thanks!
Diesel Power
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Diesel Power »

Had a crash. The tanker train in on a "through load" at the station (order #4). As the rear of the train entered the platform, the game crashed. The bridge that the locos are on is a custom bridgehead. Coould this be the issue? If you follow the train until it gets back to Order #4, it should crash again. I'm using 0.32.3.
Thanks.
Attachments
crash.sav
(1.29 MiB) Downloaded 72 times
crash.png
(476.12 KiB) Not downloaded yet
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Diesel Power wrote: 01 Jan 2020 07:42 Had a crash. The tanker train in on a "through load" at the station (order #4). As the rear of the train entered the platform, the game crashed. The bridge that the locos are on is a custom bridgehead. Coould this be the issue? If you follow the train until it gets back to Order #4, it should crash again. I'm using 0.32.3.
Thanks.
Thanks, this is fixed and will be in the next release.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
kerrhyphen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kerrhyphen »

Having a crash, not sure what's causing it. Could also be any of the random NewGRFs or scripts I've tossed in, but thought I'd run it past you first. Been really enjoying the patch pack, though, it's gotten me back into OTTD for the first time in years!
Attachments
crash.sav
(1.34 MiB) Downloaded 73 times
Sedgrove End Transport, 1925-08-01.sav
Previous manual save
(1.33 MiB) Downloaded 74 times
crash.txt
crash.log
(19.74 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

kerrhyphen wrote: 05 Jan 2020 08:14 Having a crash, not sure what's causing it. Could also be any of the random NewGRFs or scripts I've tossed in, but thought I'd run it past you first. Been really enjoying the patch pack, though, it's gotten me back into OTTD for the first time in years!
Thanks, this is fixed and will be in the next release.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
shirkit
Engineer
Engineer

Post by shirkit »

Hello,

I must say that I really enjoy this patch, specially the day length patch. I have a suggestion: could we have everything else scaled up, except for time?

Currently, when we set a really high daylength, so we have slower date passing, the industry production becomes too small based on the train transit times, so slow that 1 train can cover mostly everything.

If there was a setting so that the industries production would ramp up by the daylength factor and the profit would turn be divided by it would be great, so that the challange of multiple trains and a big network resurfaces.
Sensation Lover
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sensation Lover »

shirkit wrote: 05 Jan 2020 15:37 Hello,

I must say that I really enjoy this patch, specially the day length patch. I have a suggestion: could we have everything else scaled up, except for time?

Currently, when we set a really high daylength, so we have slower date passing, the industry production becomes too small based on the train transit times, so slow that 1 train can cover mostly everything.

If there was a setting so that the industries production would ramp up by the daylength factor and the profit would turn be divided by it would be great, so that the challange of multiple trains and a big network resurfaces.
have you tried the "ctrl+alt+c" function?... check the box for the production modification, click an industry and increase the values.
I was in:
Austria,Belgium,Brazil,China,France,Germany,Hungary,Indonesia,Italy,Luxemburg,Malaysia,Mexico,Netherlands,Norway,Panamà,Poland,Romania,
Saudi Arabia,Singapore,Slovenia,Spain,Switzerland,Thailand,U.K.,Ukraine,U.S.A.
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

Hello Jonathan,

I can't compile the lastest source from github on Visual Studio 2019 on Windows 10 x64 :

Revision: 6d326deafe28737177bf20d3e4ac2fea0594dbcd
Author: Jonathan G Rennison <xxxxxxx>
Date: 10/03/2019 20:20:11
Change: [Linkgraph] Only acquire thread join performance measurements on network clients

Network servers and single player clients do not block on thread joins
due to instead pausing shortly before the join is due.

(cherry picked from commit a5697ddeeb43c64ae6cac25581022efcf8e107bd)
----
Modified: src/linkgraph/linkgraphschedule.cpp

1>------ Build started: Project: version, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
2>------ Skipped Build: Project: generate, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
2>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration 
3>------ Build started: Project: settings, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.812
1>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. Tous droits r�serv�s.
1>
4>------ Build started: Project: openttd, Configuration: Release x64 ------
4>Generating code
4>f:\projets\openttd jgr\src\scope_info.cpp : fatal error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler.
4>(compiler file 'd:\agent\_work\6\s\src\vctools\Compiler\Utc\src\p2\main.c', line 166)
4> To work around this problem, try simplifying or changing the program near the locations listed above.
4>Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
4> Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information
4>  link!RaiseException()+0x62
4>  link!CxxThrowException()+0x66
4>  link!std::_Xout_of_range()+0x1f
4>  link!InvokeCompilerPass()+0x320cf
4>  link!InvokeCompilerPass()+0x26be2
4>  link!InvokeCompilerPass()+0x3043c
4>  link!InvokeCompilerPass()+0x3065b
4>  link!InvokeCompilerPass()+0x3095d
4>  link!InvokeCompilerPass()+0x30a46
4>  link!InvokeCompilerPass()+0x2ffed
4>  link!InvokeCompilerPass()+0x302d2
4>  link!InvokeCompilerPassW()+0xeaea3
4>
4>f:\projets\openttd jgr\src\scope_info.cpp : fatal error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler.
4>(compiler file 'd:\agent\_work\6\s\src\vctools\Compiler\Utc\src\p2\main.c', line 166)
4> To work around this problem, try simplifying or changing the program near the locations listed above.
4>Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
4> Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information
4>  link!RaiseException()+0x62
4>  link!CxxThrowException()+0x66
4>  link!std::_Xout_of_range()+0x1f
4>  link!InvokeCompilerPass()+0x320cf
4>  link!InvokeCompilerPass()+0x26be2
4>  link!InvokeCompilerPass()+0x3043c
4>  link!InvokeCompilerPass()+0x3065b
4>  link!InvokeCompilerPass()+0x3095d
4>  link!InvokeCompilerPass()+0x30a46
4>  link!InvokeCompilerPass()+0x2ffed
4>  link!InvokeCompilerPass()+0x302d2
4>  link!InvokeCompilerPassW()+0xeaea3
4>
4>LINK : fatal error LNK1257: code generation failed
4>Done building project "openttd_vs142.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
5>------ Skipped Build: Project: regression, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
5>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration 
========== Build: 2 succeeded, 1 failed, 4 up-to-date, 2 skipped ==========
Linker looks like to be completely lost :shock:

-- Edit : hmpf !

I tried a "rebuild solution" and... TADA !!

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: strgen, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
2>------ Rebuild All started: Project: settingsgen, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
3>------ Rebuild All started: Project: version, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
4>------ Rebuild All started: Project: basesets, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
5>------ Skipped Rebuild All: Project: generate, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
5>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration 
3>Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.812
3>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. Tous droits r�serv�s.
3>
2>alloc_func.cpp
1>alloc_func.cpp
1>strgen_base.cpp

[...]

8>Done building project "openttd_vs142.vcxproj".
9>------ Skipped Rebuild All: Project: regression, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
9>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration 
========== Rebuild All: 7 succeeded, 0 failed, 2 skipped ==========
Sorry for this, it works ! :bow:
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

Visual Studio 2019 C++ compiler and linker has been weird for several months now, mislinking or failing in weird ways. Doing a full rebuild always makes the problem go away, but you'll soon get linking misbehave again.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”