JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Bernasrebelo11
Engineer
Engineer

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by Bernasrebelo11 »

Hey can you use cargodist with this patch
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

vincentkoevoets wrote: 07 Dec 2019 09:08 Wow this works absolutely great! I've done some testing, and it seems to work fine. Together with the options for advanced routing restrictions this is a big step forward from the original speed signal patch. I tried out some more complex restrictions, and all seems to work well (only freight trains, or only passenger trains, or entry from the back of a signal, etc).
Just some observations:
- It even works with regular block signals! Perfect for reducing the speed one signal prior to a path signal.
- I didn't clear out the max speeds in the timetable window (yet, I will for sure when I complete setting all signal speeds :D ), and it seems to work next to one another. The rule seems to be: the lowest speed set (either in timetable or as a restriction) will be the max speed.

Thanks JGR for the great work! Just let me know if there is anything I can do, testing stuff or anything.
Thanks, glad to hear that it's well received. :)
Bernasrebelo11 wrote: 07 Dec 2019 17:11 Hey can you use cargodist with this patch
The settings for this are in Settings -> Environment -> Cargo distribution (same as in trunk).
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
R-TEAM
Engineer
Engineer

Post by R-TEAM »

Hi,
amazing Pack - and even with all additions and NGFX playable on smartphone ;)
One thing that disturb me always was, its dont save "last window" ... in position and status (open) in save file ..
I set the transparent and other windows open and in nice positions for me to play on screen , but musst doing this every time i load the save ....
Would be nice to save this info "in" the save , and as addition an "default" settings at game start.

Only a minor thing - but as often , many minor things give hugh play fun it is worked better ;)
Other as this i have not an suggestion ATM , as the pack is simply amazing and bring OTTD on an other Level (as vanilla)
[the only "big thing" i see in the Future is NRT Roads implementing and in the more distant time the mindblowing OGL Renderer]

Regards
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

R-TEAM wrote: 07 Dec 2019 23:21 Hi,
amazing Pack - and even with all additions and NGFX playable on smartphone ;)
One thing that disturb me always was, its dont save "last window" ... in position and status (open) in save file ..
I set the transparent and other windows open and in nice positions for me to play on screen , but musst doing this every time i load the save ....
Would be nice to save this info "in" the save , and as addition an "default" settings at game start.

Only a minor thing - but as often , many minor things give hugh play fun it is worked better ;)
Other as this i have not an suggestion ATM , as the pack is simply amazing and bring OTTD on an other Level (as vanilla)
[the only "big thing" i see in the Future is NRT Roads implementing and in the more distant time the mindblowing OGL Renderer]

Regards

There isn't a mechanism to save an info about open windows at the moment, but I can look into it.
NRT roads has already been implemented in trunk, and is already included in this patch pack as of v0.32.0.
I'm aware of the OpenGL renderer thread but I haven't tried it or looked into it in any detail yet.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
R-TEAM
Engineer
Engineer

Post by R-TEAM »

NRT roads has already been implemented in trunk, and is already included in this patch pack as of v0.32.0.

ups .... musst have missed this :shock:
Nice - tryed - was a little work to get compatible sets for roads NGFR and vehicles/trams NGFR that play nice alonge .. :D - but now it works - thanks.
An additional thing ...
I like the "roadwork" option .. to scrammble the trafic flow in larger towns.. but i dont like how it actual work
It blocks the road completed and so kill the line(s) if no route around exist
I would prefer an more natural behavor (in reality no roadwork block an street without an other way around) - so an idea is , to slow down the trafic on the roadwork significant, but dont block him ... it is then still an obstacle, but not an line braker still.

anyway -> good work
Regards
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

The roadwork option is a gameplay tool to frustrate opponents who have a good rating in a town. Great if you want to slow down an AI, but no good if you're playing on your own.
phobos2077
Engineer
Engineer

Post by phobos2077 »

Played a long perfect bug-free game for 70 in-game years (with day length 2) and now started to get crashes every so often. Latest crash log & save attached.

Updated to the latest build. Played for 40 minutes until the next crash. This time w/o any logs, just CTD.

Looks like I've made an over-complicated scenario that the game couldn't handle :)
Attachments
Crash-1.7z
Crash data
(1.11 MiB) Downloaded 91 times
R-TEAM
Engineer
Engineer

Post by R-TEAM »

kamnet wrote: 08 Dec 2019 03:24 The roadwork option is a gameplay tool to frustrate opponents who have a good rating in a town. Great if you want to slow down an AI, but no good if you're playing on your own.
It is sure nice to "frustrate opponents" ... but i think it can be "more" as only an "frustrating the opponent" element ...
If the blocking is not final, but slow down and maybe random selected one side trafic get priority over the other side, then its come close to an real roadwork and can used to make the life in an big city harder ...
ATM - bigger is better , is the city bigger, then you get more transporting -> more money , without drawback
The roadwork "can" make an drawback in bigg citys - but not if he full break the line, then it is better to disable random encounter of this....
But with an more like real life roadwork (an obstacle where slow down trafic but not stop him and break lines..) it is "maybe" (for the playes where like challanges) used as regular gameplay element where is happen in an city if he get bigger and you musst and "can" life with it.
I found it simply sad this element is only used partiel to "frustrate opponents" and not as part in the sim self (and roadwork is not an "very unrealistic" part of real life in an city ...)

Regards
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

IMHO the roadwork could be rewritten to work with NRT.

1/ Cities could run the roadwork themselves
2/ After the roadwork finished, all the city roads should be upgraded to the next "better" road type*
3/ When the user converts roads to another road type, it could also generate a roadwork on the selected portion : the road will be upgraded only when the roadwork is finished

For the 2 first points, I guess a "small" patch could do the job with no major difficult.
For the third one, I think it should be done only with a lot of code (re)write but it could be cool.

Edit : * or even better : after the roadwork, only the road tiles that were worked on should be upgraded
Last edited by MagicBuzz on 10 Dec 2019 16:12, edited 1 time in total.
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

I found a bug, but I'm not sure it it's because of deprecated AI, trunk or JGRPP...

I ran a game with "CityConnector V1" AI and got this error :
ai_crash.png
ai_crash.png (33.67 KiB) Viewed 4600 times
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

MagicBuzz wrote: 10 Dec 2019 14:55 I found a bug, but I'm not sure it it's because of deprecated AI, trunk or JGRPP...

I ran a game with "CityConnector V1" AI and got this error :
This suggests that some of the AIs dependencies are not installed. Maybe check that all the required files are present.
phobos2077 wrote: 08 Dec 2019 19:43 Played a long perfect bug-free game for 70 in-game years (with day length 2) and now started to get crashes every so often. Latest crash log & save attached.

Updated to the latest build. Played for 40 minutes until the next crash. This time w/o any logs, just CTD.

Looks like I've made an over-complicated scenario that the game couldn't handle :)
Your crash is quite interesting as the crash log/dump do not indicate anything obviously wrong with the state of the program at the time of the crash.
The instruction where the exception is indicated to have occurred looks fine to me and doesn't seem to match up with the indicated error.
If have you more crash logs/etc. or any other information about the faults, that could be useful.
R-TEAM wrote: 08 Dec 2019 02:33 I like the "roadwork" option .. to scrammble the trafic flow in larger towns.. but i dont like how it actual work
It blocks the road completed and so kill the line(s) if no route around exist
I would prefer an more natural behavor (in reality no roadwork block an street without an other way around) - so an idea is , to slow down the trafic on the roadwork significant, but dont block him ... it is then still an obstacle, but not an line braker still.
The road works feature has been present more or less unchanged since the beginning (i.e. added to trunk in or before 2004).
I gather that it is mostly the same as the implementation in the original TTD.
It's not something that I've implemented.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

Yes the "Fund local road reconstruction" local authority action has existed since the original Transport Tycoon from 1994 and its purpose has always only been to annoy competitors, it has never had any effect on the quality of roads. However, OpenTTD has a game setting to make it unavailable, since some multiplayer servers don't like players doing it.
R-TEAM
Engineer
Engineer

Post by R-TEAM »

He He - no, i would not say it is implemented from this patch (i know it is very old ...)
It was more an suggestion to change the bahavor a little (make it to not brake the line full with maybe additional behavors) to make it usefull as random obstacle in towns and not only to use it as "frustrate opponents" button ...
The idea from MagicBuzz are going furter and implement an full gameplay around roadworks :) - nice
But i dont know how much would be "o.k." for an patch pack, where primary glue other small patches together and lesser self change the game ...

Regards
Diesel Power
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Diesel Power »

Speaking of roadworks...
I've found a bug. I'll give you a scenario using unspooled. I upgrade a town owned road from "paved road" to "paved road with overhead wire" using the upgrade tool. The road is still owned by the town. Then, there is roadworks on the tile. When the roadworks have cleared, the overhead wire has gone. It's reverted back to just a "paved road". This doesn't happen if you own the road.
Also the town can put roadworks on my tram tracks when there is no town owned road underneath, and even roads owned by me! They should only be able to dig up their own roads.

Thanks.
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

Hello JGR,

I just realized the Snail's "French narrow gauge trainset" was finally released, and I obviously started a new game with your patch pack and this vehicle set.

I noticed a small bug (may are other, but I still not have dig deep enough).

Start a new game at year 1881 and this trainset.
Build a new "030T Tramway" engin and add some "mixed passenger/mail wagon".
Everything goes well, the train starts, choochoo, I love you both JGR and Snail.

Now, I create a group, drag my train in it, and create a template replacement with the same configuration : one "030T Tramway" engine and erh... wtf ? When I add some "mixed passenger/mail wagon" I get a bloody message arguing some vehicle isn't available !

As the GRF comes with many features (engine dependent liveries, wagon brakes, engine dependent wagons, time dependent liveries, etc.), I'm not sure the problem is related to your patch pack or the GRF itself.

You'll find attached a savegame.
Attachments
jgr and snail.sav
(581.75 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

Oh, and another bug (still related to french trainset) : when I refit a template replacement... my bank account is getting debited !

As it's a template, refitting should be free of charge...
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

MagicBuzz wrote: 17 Dec 2019 14:22 Hello JGR,

I just realized the Snail's "French narrow gauge trainset" was finally released, and I obviously started a new game with your patch pack and this vehicle set.

I noticed a small bug (may are other, but I still not have dig deep enough).

Start a new game at year 1881 and this trainset.
Build a new "030T Tramway" engin and add some "mixed passenger/mail wagon".
Everything goes well, the train starts, choochoo, I love you both JGR and Snail.

Now, I create a group, drag my train in it, and create a template replacement with the same configuration : one "030T Tramway" engine and erh... wtf ? When I add some "mixed passenger/mail wagon" I get a bloody message arguing some vehicle isn't available !

As the GRF comes with many features (engine dependent liveries, wagon brakes, engine dependent wagons, time dependent liveries, etc.), I'm not sure the problem is related to your patch pack or the GRF itself.

You'll find attached a savegame.
MagicBuzz wrote: 17 Dec 2019 16:28 Oh, and another bug (still related to french trainset) : when I refit a template replacement... my bank account is getting debited !

As it's a template, refitting should be free of charge...
Thanks for the reports, these are fixed now and will be in the next release.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

Wow ! You're so fast :)
pixel_pirate
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pixel_pirate »

Hello, just a question .

Is there a way to auto name trains / routes.
Like in jokers patch pack there is a button that just groups trains airplanes buses & ships , and auto names them.
it is very handy and quick to get things organised .

is there something similar in your patch

Thanks for all your work.
nihues
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nihues »

Hey, I just found a little bug, the conditional order "slot occupancy" has "undefined" status, so I can't use it (or I need to do more things to use slots?).

Also I'm using a universal wagon with multiple cargos with refit to avaliable, when I do template replacement using with refit or no refit option, it always reset all cargos to "zero", isn't suppose to reuse the avaliable cargo?

Return to “OpenTTD Development”