machine shop, engineering supplies.

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Potterpotty
Engineer
Engineer

machine shop, engineering supplies.

Post by Potterpotty »

i am having a problem. trying to do a US style game with NARS and using FIRS3 on the subtropical environment, i think it might be broken?
i need to make my clay pit more efficent so i hooked up a line to a machine shop, which according to the cargo flow produces engineering supplies.
it is not producing anything. also according to the cargo flow, it does not require anything to produce ES? the station i have put next to MS has no goods waiting and accepts nothing coming in?
i would have thought the MS would need steel, or iron, coal, something to create supplies. but if the station wont accept any goods how can i create supplies!
two trains sitting there waiting for a full load, already refit to ES ......nothing!
screenshot attached
Attachments
openttd.png
(352.64 KiB) Not downloaded yet
mak
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: machine shop, engineering supplies.

Post by mak »

This does not compute. :(

A machine shop requires Metal and/or Petroleum fuel, it supplies Engineering and Farm supplies. It will produce maximum if any (Metal or Petroleum) are supplied.

I only play the game so cannot advise what may be incorrect in your set up
Attachments
Unnamed, 2000-01-01.png
(307.92 KiB) Not downloaded yet
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

Yeah it looks like something is broken in your savegame.
Can you upload the save file?
Potterpotty
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Potterpotty »

been like this since i started it, i just changed the time to later in the game to see if it was an industry that started later in the game. was actually in 1947. checked the GRF list, no errors coming up, if its a problem with the setup then there's no point in carrying on.
its not just the machine shop, arable farms accept Farm supplies, but don't produce anything? is it the american industry set? is it not firs compatible?

here is a screen shot of the grf list i'm using for the game. see if you can spot something there.
Attachments
openttd1.png
(266.98 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Potterpotty
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Potterpotty »

yeah i just started another game without FIRS and it seems fine, guess since the American Industry set is based on FIRS3 code you need one or the other, but not both! surprised that didn't give me an error when i set it up. but i will just start fresh, shame i was just starting to get somewhere.

thanks for the replies.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Playing with 2 industry sets at the same time pretty much never works afaik, it's not that they are both originating from firs, likely.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”