BRTrains Push-Pull With Crompton

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

M4J_Gaming
Engineer
Engineer

BRTrains Push-Pull With Crompton

Post by M4J_Gaming »

Hey everyone,

Sorry if this post is in the wrong place but I think this counts as asking for help. I use the BRTrains NewGRF a lot in my network and I was wondering how to get the push-pull trains to work properly. Currently the game lists the Crompton (Class 31) as being able to operate push-pull trains. In real life these locos worked with the Class 438 carriages, which are also in the game and are listed as push-pull. However when I combine them into a train it always runs loco first. Is this because I've done something wrong, or just because push-pull hasn't been added to the NewGRF?

Thanks!
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: BRTrains Push-Pull With Crompton

Post by jfs »

OpenTTD isn't capable of simulating or even pretending a train runs push-pull. Trains always run with cars and engines in the order they were placed in the depot and can't reverse without the entire train being flipped.
M4J_Gaming
Engineer
Engineer

Post by M4J_Gaming »

jfs wrote: 27 Nov 2019 16:26 OpenTTD isn't capable of simulating or even pretending a train runs push-pull. Trains always run with cars and engines in the order they were placed in the depot and can't reverse without the entire train being flipped.
That's not true, the Dutch set, the European set and some of the British trains allow push-pull
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Not Dutch set as far as I know, but "push pull" in OpenTTD involves visually swapping the loco and driving can when it turns around. NARS used to do this, among others.
M4J_Gaming
Engineer
Engineer

Post by M4J_Gaming »

Might be the German set I'm thinking of, I use it on my network so I'll have to check.

I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something with BRTrains. Google hasn't offered any results so thought I'd ask here.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”