Benchmark OpenTTD

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

xarick
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Benchmark OpenTTD

Post by xarick »

Henfingburg Transport, 1951-03-15.sav
(107.64 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
If you're using OpenTTD 1.10.0-beta1, there's a bug related with the road vehicle pathfinder that can hog the CPU with load. I'd like to use this issue as a basis to "benchmark" OpenTTD.

- Please load the attached savegame and open the Frame rate window.
- Before the start of April in-game, check how much average ms do you get for 'Road Vehicle Ticks'.
- Post your results here, alongside with your CPU model, OS version.

Note that there is a decrease in the ms at the start of April to about 2/3 of the value it had until there, so make sure you don't reach the 1st of April.
Specifics of the bug:
There's 3 road vehicles stuck in trafic that are causing the bug, out of all that you see there, asking for pathfinder directions every tick for as long as 20 days each, before the start of April. By the end of those 20 days, one of the vehicles just walks through and stops asking the pathfinder every tick, and that's why the ms decrease to 2/3 of its initial value at the start of April. Eventually, at one point, the vehicles will unstuck themselves, and the calls to the pathfinder disappear, returning to almost no ms required.
For benchmarking purposes, I'm only interested of the result of when these said 3 vehicles are causing high average ms.
Formerly known as Samu
xarick
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Benchmark OpenTTD

Post by xarick »

Henfingburg Transport, 1951-03-30.png
Henfingburg Transport, 1951-03-30.png (70.47 KiB) Viewed 2072 times
75.15 ms, AMD FX-8150, Windows 10 Pro
Formerly known as Samu
rowdog
Engineer
Engineer

Post by rowdog »

I downloaded the AIs on Bananas but I still don't have all the same versions.

Code: Select all

$ openttd -g Henfingburg\ Transport\,\ 1951-03-15.sav 
dbg: [script] The savegame has an AI by the name 'LuDiAI AfterFix', version 11 which is no longer available.
dbg: [script] The latest version of that AI has been loaded instead, but it'll not get the savegame data as it's incompatible.
dbg: [script] The savegame has an AI by the name 'ShipAI', version 5 which is no longer available.
dbg: [script] The latest version of that AI has been loaded instead, but it'll not get the savegame data as it's incompatible.
I paused the game right as it ticked over to the 30th.

41.95 ms
AMD FX-8320E Eight-Core Processor
Linux reina 5.3.11-arch1-1 #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue, 12 Nov 2019 22:19:48 +0000 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I use Arch btw. 8)
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

rowdog wrote: 17 Nov 2019 01:08 I downloaded the AIs on Bananas but I still don't have all the same versions.
Did you try to download them from the savegame open dialogue of the very savegame given by Xarick? Only then OpenTTD can make sure to download the version needed for that particular savegame, other wise it will give you the newest available version.
rowdog
Engineer
Engineer

Post by rowdog »

planetmaker wrote: 18 Nov 2019 10:20 Did you try to download them from the savegame open dialogue of the very savegame given by Xarick? Only then OpenTTD can make sure to download the version needed for that particular savegame, other wise it will give you the newest available version.
I ran it from the command line which didn't download anything automatically. I should have realized that I needed to go through the UI. Thanks for the tip.

Edit...

I tossed the file in my save directory and loaded through the UI. The option to "Find missing content online" is disabled and it seems there was no attempt to load from Bananas. I got the same debug output as the above post.

I checked a couple scenarios and the downloading worked there, I wonder if it's related to only missing AIs.

Return to “General OpenTTD”