Changing Vehicle Type Colours ?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

AK45
Engineer
Engineer

Changing Vehicle Type Colours ?

Post by AK45 »

Hi firstly i would like to say a major thankyou to all involved with keeping this great game from my past alive as i always used to look back from yesteryear to when i played TTDX in 95/95 with fond memories of making the MOGUL staus :D and was delighted to see this forum active and things still being done to help maintain and improve the game.
To the question at hand,Is it possible to change the colours of each type of vehicle rather than the lorry and bus does all ,im not great at explaining things so as an example i would like say Oil Tanker lorry in black or player choice of colour and an alcohol lorry (a refit of oil) yellow or again player choice,i also have mail trucks as red and yellow for royal mail but do not want all the other trucks the same red and yellow,it would be good if it could be coloured by cargo for example green for fruit or black for oil and or coal, goods a different colour and a refit of goods to a different colour so when they are on the round loading and delivering i can see what they are easier for example milk alcohol oil chemicals are all the same tanker truck refitted but with choice of a colour for the cargo it is refitted to carry.I apologise if this has been brought up before or implemented and have searched with no results

thankyou

AK45
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Changing Vehicle Type Colours ?

Post by andythenorth »

Since OpenTTD 1.9.0 you can set company colours for each vehicle group.

You would need to organise vehicles into groups, but that's pretty easy to do. For example, I organised by cargo:
liveries_such_awesome_such.png
liveries_such_awesome_such.png (27.55 KiB) Viewed 1516 times

This allows many kinds of colour choices, for both different kinds of vehicles, or the same kinds :D
Attachments
Horse Horsey Liveries 8.png
Horse Horsey Liveries 8.png (264.86 KiB) Viewed 1516 times
Horse Horsey Liveries.png
Horse Horsey Liveries.png (163.11 KiB) Viewed 1515 times
AK45
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Changing Vehicle Type Colours ?

Post by AK45 »

Thank you so much for the info Andy I really appreciate it and all the things you and the guys do to keep this great game alive and kicking,I'm going to learn about groups later and assign colours etc, I'M now going to look for the different bus liveries I grew up with as a youngster in the 70s n early 80s and search Google for the correct colours ,I remember Blackburn being green and yellow,Ribble bus service were red ,Morecambe and Lancaster were blue and white etc, long distance stage coach were white but gonna double check them as my memory isn't the best,once again massive thank you and huge respect and appreciation to you guys :D

AK45

Return to “General OpenTTD”