JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by JGR »

elvismurk wrote: 24 Oct 2019 07:54 Would this patch be recommended for beginners, or should one start with the vanilla version?
The differences between the two are relatively modest and there is no right answer about which you should use.
Some features in this patchpack are absolutely not intended for beginners but they are mostly tucked away and won't get in your way.
Perhaps try both and see which you prefer?
kamnet wrote: 24 Oct 2019 13:22 Players need to understand and master the basic workings and techniques of the original game.
Beginning users need to understand the difference between the basic game and what a patch pack offers.
Player's don't *need* to know any of these things really.
If you sit someone who knows nothing about Transport Tycoon in front of any variant of the game and leave them to it they should be able to have some level of fun.
While many of us do know the full progression from the early 90s that isn't necessary to use any of the current variants of the game.
kamnet wrote: 24 Oct 2019 13:22 Patch Packs add a lot of nice features, but they are also not reliable.
I aim for reliability, of course that is not always achieved. Almost no software projects are bug free.
kamnet wrote: 24 Oct 2019 13:22 Features that you've come to rely on can be taken away.
So far each version of this patchpack can load savegames form every previous version of this patchpack, every previous version of trunk and some versions of selected other patches/patchpacks.
There have been no significant feature removals (the house picking patch was downgraded, but the gameplay impact of that is pretty negligible).
I intend to continue in that manner.
kamnet wrote: 24 Oct 2019 13:22 And stuff will break as the core game itself changes.
There have been a fair few regressions from merging features from trunk. Most of those were also present in trunk and you would trip up on these if you played the nightlies.
Of course many other regressions were my fault entirely and I do not deny that.
Stable is not immune to regressions either but it is usually solid.
OpenTTD in general is not tested well, so users playing the various variants of the game and finding problems is the main source of feedback about issues.
I have gone out of my way to be careful about not painting myself into a corner when it comes to merging future changes from trunk, of course I can't make guarantees though.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Indeed, you do an incredibly meticulous and wonderful job of maintaining your patch pack. Please don't take my statements as a criticism of you personally or the work you do.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

JGR wrote: 24 Oct 2019 20:12I have gone out of my way to be careful about not painting myself into a corner when it comes to merging future changes from trunk, of course I can't make guarantees though.
I do think you do a remarkable job with this patchpack, single-handed.

Not just the codebase, but you provide player support, and respond to issues which really aren't of your making :)

Patchpacks are an important part of the OpenTTD ecosystem. They can explore things that wouldn't be practical in trunk, without requiring every player to learn how to compile for themselves.

I recently updated the contributing guide to reflect this (similar text used to be on the wiki, but I wanted it to be directly in the official repo).
https://github.com/OpenTTD/OpenTTD/blob ... do-instead

I didn't name JGRPP directly there, but only to avoid any sense that the official branch is picking favourites (for example, there are also goal server communities I could have mentioned by name). :)
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

andythenorth wrote: 25 Oct 2019 06:42 I recently updated the contributing guide to reflect this (similar text used to be on the wiki, but I wanted it to be directly in the official repo).
https://github.com/OpenTTD/OpenTTD/blob ... do-instead
Nice job, thank you!
vincentkoevoets
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vincentkoevoets »

Hey JGR! I have updated my Macbook to 10.15 Catalina, and now compiling does work, but the game no longer starts. Compiling gives a couple of warnings, and I was wondering if you would be willing to look at them for me. Of course this might very well be an OS related problem, but maybe you see something you might be able and willing to help with.
Thanks in advance!

For anyone who is willing to test this on a Mojave machine (10.14), I've attached the zipped bundle to this post. Please let me know if it works for you, so I can rule out certain possibilities.
bundle.zip
JGRPP 0.32.1 Mac OS
(8.04 MiB) Downloaded 66 times

Code: Select all

[SRC] Compiling os/macosx/macos.mm
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/os/macosx/macos.mm:194:45: warning: 'NSStringPboardType' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.14 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
        NSArray *types = [ NSArray arrayWithObject:NSStringPboardType ];
                                                   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                                   NSPasteboardTypeString
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSPasteboard.h:311:32: note: 
      'NSStringPboardType' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
APPKIT_EXTERN NSPasteboardType NSStringPboardType API_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACEMENT("NSPasteboardTypeString", macos(10.0,10.14));
                               ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/os/macosx/macos.mm:200:40: warning: 'NSStringPboardType' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.14 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
        NSString *string = [ pb stringForType:NSStringPboardType ];
                                              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                              NSPasteboardTypeString
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSPasteboard.h:311:32: note: 
      'NSStringPboardType' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
APPKIT_EXTERN NSPasteboardType NSStringPboardType API_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACEMENT("NSPasteboardTypeString", macos(10.0,10.14));
                               ^
2 warnings generated.
[SRC] Compiling video/cocoa/cocoa_v.mm
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/cocoa_v.mm:79:48: warning: 'NSApplicationDefined' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12
      [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
        NSEvent *event = [ NSEvent otherEventWithType:NSApplicationDefined location:NSMakePoint(0, 0) modifierFlags:0 timestamp:0.0 windowNumber:0 context:nil subtype:0 data...
                                                      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                                      NSEventTypeApplicationDefined
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSEvent.h:78:26: note: 
      'NSApplicationDefined' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSEventType NSApplicationDefined   API_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACEMENT("NSEventTypeApplicationDefined", macos(10.0,10.12)) = NSEventTypeApplicationDefined;
                         ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/cocoa_v.mm:147:43: warning: 'NSAlternateKeyMask' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
        [ menuItem setKeyEquivalentModifierMask:(NSAlternateKeyMask | NSCommandKeyMask) ];
                                                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                                 NSEventModifierFlagOption
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSEvent.h:179:35: note: 
      'NSAlternateKeyMask' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSEventModifierFlags NSAlternateKeyMask          API_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACEMENT("NSEventModifierFlagOption", macos(10.0,10.12)) = NSEventModifierFlagOption;
                                  ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/cocoa_v.mm:147:64: warning: 'NSCommandKeyMask' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
        [ menuItem setKeyEquivalentModifierMask:(NSAlternateKeyMask | NSCommandKeyMask) ];
                                                                      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                                                      NSEventModifierFlagCommand
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSEvent.h:180:35: note: 
      'NSCommandKeyMask' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSEventModifierFlags NSCommandKeyMask            API_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACEMENT("NSEventModifierFlagCommand", macos(10.0,10.12)) = NSEventModifierFlagCommand;
                                  ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/cocoa_v.mm:663:26: warning: 'NSCriticalAlertStyle' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12
                [ alert setAlertStyle: NSCriticalAlertStyle ];
                                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                       NSAlertStyleCritical
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSAlert.h:142:27: note: 
      'NSCriticalAlertStyle' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSAlertStyle NSCriticalAlertStyle API_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACEMENT("NSAlertStyleCritical", macos(10.3,10.12)) = NSAlertStyleCritical;
                          ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/cocoa_v.mm:773:9: warning: 'cacheImageInRect:' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.13 - This method shouldn’t be
      used as it doesn’t work in all drawing situations; instead, a subview should be used that implements the desired drawing behavior [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
        [ self cacheImageInRect:[ driver->cocoaview frame ] ];
               ^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSWindow.h:796:1: note: 
      'cacheImageInRect:' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
- (void)cacheImageInRect:(NSRect)rect API_DEPRECATED("This method shouldn’t be used as it doesn’t work in all drawing situations; instead, a subview should be used that impl...
^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/cocoa_v.mm:779:9: warning: 'restoreCachedImage' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.13 - This method shouldn’t be
      used as it doesn’t work in all drawing situations; instead, a subview should be used that implements the desired drawing behavior [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
        [ self restoreCachedImage ];
               ^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSWindow.h:797:1: note: 
      'restoreCachedImage' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
- (void)restoreCachedImage API_DEPRECATED("This method shouldn’t be used as it doesn’t work in all drawing situations; instead, a subview should be used that implements the ...
^
6 warnings generated.
[SRC] Compiling video/cocoa/event.mm
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:268:22: warning: 'NSShiftKeyMask' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
        if (_current_mods & NSShiftKeyMask)     key |= WKC_SHIFT;
                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            NSEventModifierFlagShift
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSEvent.h:177:35: note: 
      'NSShiftKeyMask' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSEventModifierFlags NSShiftKeyMask              API_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACEMENT("NSEventModifierFlagShift", macos(10.0,10.12)) = NSEventModifierFlagShift;
                                  ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:269:22: warning: 'NSControlKeyMask' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
        if (_current_mods & NSControlKeyMask)   key |= (_settings_client.gui.right_mouse_btn_emulation != RMBE_CONTROL ? WKC_CTRL : WKC_META);
                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            NSEventModifierFlagControl
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSEvent.h:178:35: note: 
      'NSControlKeyMask' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSEventModifierFlags NSControlKeyMask            API_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACEMENT("NSEventModifierFlagControl", macos(10.0,10.12)) = NSEventModifierFlagControl;
                                  ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:270:22: warning: 'NSAlternateKeyMask' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
        if (_current_mods & NSAlternateKeyMask) key |= WKC_ALT;
                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            NSEventModifierFlagOption
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSEvent.h:179:35: note: 
      'NSAlternateKeyMask' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSEventModifierFlags NSAlternateKeyMask          API_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACEMENT("NSEventModifierFlagOption", macos(10.0,10.12)) = NSEventModifierFlagOption;
                                  ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:271:22: warning: 'NSCommandKeyMask' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
        if (_current_mods & NSCommandKeyMask)   key |= (_settings_client.gui.right_mouse_btn_emulation != RMBE_CONTROL ? WKC_META : WKC_CTRL);
                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSEvent.h:180:35: note: 
static const NSEventModifierFlags NSCommandKeyMask            API_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACEMENT("NSEventModifierFlagCommand", macos(10.0,10.12)) = NSEventModifierFlagCommand;
                                  ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:290:33: warning: 'NSCommandKeyMask' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
                        if (down && (_current_mods & NSCommandKeyMask)) {
                                                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                  ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:296:60: warning: 'NSCommandKeyMask' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
                        if (down && EditBoxInGlobalFocus() && (_current_mods & (NSCommandKeyMask | NSControlKeyMask))) {
                                                                                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                  ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:296:79: warning: 'NSControlKeyMask' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
                        if (down && EditBoxInGlobalFocus() && (_current_mods & (NSCommandKeyMask | NSControlKeyMask))) {
                                                                                                   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSEvent.h:178:35: note: 
static const NSEventModifierFlags NSControlKeyMask            API_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACEMENT("NSEventModifierFlagControl", macos(10.0,10.12)) = NSEventModifierFlagControl;
                                  ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:301:60: warning: 'NSCommandKeyMask' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
                                                                                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                  ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:301:79: warning: 'NSControlKeyMask' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
                                                                                                   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                  ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:344:33: warning: 'NSAlphaShiftKeyMask' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
        for (unsigned int i = 0, bit = NSAlphaShiftKeyMask; bit <= NSCommandKeyMask; bit <<= 1, ++i) {
                                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                       NSEventModifierFlagCapsLock
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSEvent.h:176:35: note: 
      'NSAlphaShiftKeyMask' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSEventModifierFlags NSAlphaShiftKeyMask         API_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACEMENT("NSEventModifierFlagCapsLock", macos(10.0,10.12)) = NSEventModifierFlagCapsLock;
                                  ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:344:61: warning: 'NSCommandKeyMask' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
        for (unsigned int i = 0, bit = NSAlphaShiftKeyMask; bit <= NSCommandKeyMask; bit <<= 1, ++i) {
                                                                   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                  ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:352:15: warning: 'NSAlphaShiftKeyMask' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
                        if (bit == NSAlphaShiftKeyMask) QZ_KeyEvent(mapping[i], 0, YES);
                                   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSEvent.h:176:35: note: 
static const NSEventModifierFlags NSAlphaShiftKeyMask         API_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACEMENT("NSEventModifierFlagCapsLock", macos(10.0,10.12)) = NSEventModifierFlagCapsLock;
                                  ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:357:15: warning: 'NSAlphaShiftKeyMask' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
                        if (bit == NSAlphaShiftKeyMask) QZ_KeyEvent(mapping[i], 0, NO);
                                   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                  ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:408:49: warning: 'NSAnyEventMask' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
        NSEvent *event = [ NSApp nextEventMatchingMask:NSAnyEventMask
                                                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                                       NSEventMaskAny
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSEvent.h:157:26: note: 
      'NSAnyEventMask' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSEventMask NSAnyEventMask                 API_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACEMENT("NSEventMaskAny", macos(10.0,10.12)) = NSUIntegerMax;
                         ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:426:8: warning: 'NSMouseMoved' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
                case NSMouseMoved:
                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~
                     NSEventTypeMouseMoved
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSEvent.h:68:26: note: 
      'NSMouseMoved' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSEventType NSMouseMoved           API_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACEMENT("NSEventTypeMouseMoved", macos(10.0,10.12)) = NSEventTypeMouseMoved;
                         ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:427:8: warning: 'NSOtherMouseDragged' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
                case NSOtherMouseDragged:
                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                     NSEventTypeOtherMouseDragged
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSEvent.h:86:26: note: 
      'NSOtherMouseDragged' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSEventType NSOtherMouseDragged    API_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACEMENT("NSEventTypeOtherMouseDragged", macos(10.0,10.12)) = NSEventTypeOtherMouseDragged;
                         ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:428:8: warning: 'NSLeftMouseDragged' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
                case NSLeftMouseDragged:
                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                     NSEventTypeLeftMouseDragged
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSEvent.h:69:26: note: 
      'NSLeftMouseDragged' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSEventType NSLeftMouseDragged     API_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACEMENT("NSEventTypeLeftMouseDragged", macos(10.0,10.12)) = NSEventTypeLeftMouseDragged;
                         ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:438:8: warning: 'NSRightMouseDragged' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
                case NSRightMouseDragged:
                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                     NSEventTypeRightMouseDragged
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSEvent.h:70:26: note: 
      'NSRightMouseDragged' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSEventType NSRightMouseDragged    API_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACEMENT("NSEventTypeRightMouseDragged", macos(10.0,10.12)) = NSEventTypeRightMouseDragged;
                         ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:443:8: warning: 'NSLeftMouseDown' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
                case NSLeftMouseDown:
                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                     NSEventTypeLeftMouseDown
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSEvent.h:64:26: note: 
      'NSLeftMouseDown' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSEventType NSLeftMouseDown        API_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACEMENT("NSEventTypeLeftMouseDown", macos(10.0,10.12)) = NSEventTypeLeftMouseDown;
                         ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:446:83: warning: 'NSCommandKeyMask' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
                        if (_settings_client.gui.right_mouse_btn_emulation == RMBE_COMMAND) keymask |= NSCommandKeyMask;
                                                                                                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                  ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:447:83: warning: 'NSControlKeyMask' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
                        if (_settings_client.gui.right_mouse_btn_emulation == RMBE_CONTROL) keymask |= NSControlKeyMask;
                                                                                                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                  ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:466:8: warning: 'NSLeftMouseUp' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
                case NSLeftMouseUp:
                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
                     NSEventTypeLeftMouseUp
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSEvent.h:65:26: note: 
      'NSLeftMouseUp' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSEventType NSLeftMouseUp          API_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACEMENT("NSEventTypeLeftMouseUp", macos(10.0,10.12)) = NSEventTypeLeftMouseUp;
                         ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:482:8: warning: 'NSRightMouseDown' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
                case NSRightMouseDown:
                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                     NSEventTypeRightMouseDown
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSEvent.h:66:26: note: 
      'NSRightMouseDown' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSEventType NSRightMouseDown       API_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACEMENT("NSEventTypeRightMouseDown", macos(10.0,10.12)) = NSEventTypeRightMouseDown;
                         ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:493:8: warning: 'NSRightMouseUp' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
                case NSRightMouseUp:
                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                     NSEventTypeRightMouseUp
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSEvent.h:67:26: note: 
      'NSRightMouseUp' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSEventType NSRightMouseUp         API_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACEMENT("NSEventTypeRightMouseUp", macos(10.0,10.12)) = NSEventTypeRightMouseUp;
                         ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:529:8: warning: 'NSKeyDown' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
                case NSKeyDown: {
                     ^~~~~~~~~
                     NSEventTypeKeyDown
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSEvent.h:73:26: note: 'NSKeyDown'
      has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSEventType NSKeyDown              API_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACEMENT("NSEventTypeKeyDown", macos(10.0,10.12)) = NSEventTypeKeyDown;
                         ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:535:36: warning: 'NSCommandKeyMask' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
                                        if ([ event modifierFlags ] & NSCommandKeyMask) {
                                                                      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                  ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:556:8: warning: 'NSKeyUp' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
                case NSKeyUp:
                     ^~~~~~~
                     NSEventTypeKeyUp
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSEvent.h:74:26: note: 'NSKeyUp'
      has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSEventType NSKeyUp                API_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACEMENT("NSEventTypeKeyUp", macos(10.0,10.12)) = NSEventTypeKeyUp;
                         ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:562:36: warning: 'NSCommandKeyMask' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
                                        if ([ event modifierFlags ] & NSCommandKeyMask) {
                                                                      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                  ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:572:8: warning: 'NSScrollWheel' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
                case NSScrollWheel:
                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
                     NSEventTypeScrollWheel
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSEvent.h:81:26: note: 
      'NSScrollWheel' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSEventType NSScrollWheel          API_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACEMENT("NSEventTypeScrollWheel", macos(10.0,10.12)) = NSEventTypeScrollWheel;
                         ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:626:8: warning: 'NSCursorUpdate' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
                case NSCursorUpdate:
                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                     NSEventTypeCursorUpdate
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSEvent.h:80:26: note: 
      'NSCursorUpdate' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSEventType NSCursorUpdate         API_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACEMENT("NSEventTypeCursorUpdate", macos(10.0,10.12)) = NSEventTypeCursorUpdate;
                         ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:627:8: warning: 'NSMouseEntered' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
                case NSMouseEntered:
                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                     NSEventTypeMouseEntered
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSEvent.h:71:26: note: 
      'NSMouseEntered' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSEventType NSMouseEntered         API_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACEMENT("NSEventTypeMouseEntered", macos(10.0,10.12)) = NSEventTypeMouseEntered;
                         ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:628:8: warning: 'NSMouseExited' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
                case NSMouseExited:
                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
                     NSEventTypeMouseExited
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSEvent.h:72:26: note: 
      'NSMouseExited' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSEventType NSMouseExited          API_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACEMENT("NSEventTypeMouseExited", macos(10.0,10.12)) = NSEventTypeMouseExited;
                         ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:700:106: warning: 'NSControlKeyMask' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
                        _ctrl_pressed = !!(_current_mods & ( _settings_client.gui.right_mouse_btn_emulation != RMBE_CONTROL ? NSControlKeyMask : NSCommandKeyMask)) != _invert_ctrl;
                                                                                                                              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                  ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:700:125: warning: 'NSCommandKeyMask' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
                        _ctrl_pressed = !!(_current_mods & ( _settings_client.gui.right_mouse_btn_emulation != RMBE_CONTROL ? NSControlKeyMask : NSCommandKeyMask)) != _invert_ctrl;
                                                                                                                                                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                  ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/event.mm:701:40: warning: 'NSShiftKeyMask' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
                        _shift_pressed = !!(_current_mods & NSShiftKeyMask) != _invert_shift;
                                                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                                            NSEventModifierFlagShift
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSEvent.h:177:35: note: 
      'NSShiftKeyMask' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSEventModifierFlags NSShiftKeyMask              API_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACEMENT("NSEventModifierFlagShift", macos(10.0,10.12)) = NSEventModifierFlagShift;
                                  ^
35 warnings generated.
[SRC] Compiling video/cocoa/fullscreen.mm
[SRC] Compiling video/cocoa/wnd_quartz.mm
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/wnd_quartz.mm:119:82: warning: 'graphicsPort' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.14 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
        CGContextRef viewContext = (CGContextRef)[ [ NSGraphicsContext currentContext ] graphicsPort ];
                                                                                        ^~~~~~~~~~~~
                                                                                        CGContext
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSGraphicsContext.h:111:28: note: 
      property 'graphicsPort' is declared deprecated here
@property (readonly) void *graphicsPort NS_RETURNS_INNER_POINTER API_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACEMENT("CGContext", macos(10.0,10.14));
                           ^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSGraphicsContext.h:111:28: note: 
      'graphicsPort' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/wnd_quartz.mm:253:24: warning: 'NSTitledWindowMask' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12
                unsigned int style = NSTitledWindowMask;
                                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                     NSWindowStyleMaskTitled
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSWindow.h:850:32: note: 
      'NSTitledWindowMask' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSWindowStyleMask NSTitledWindowMask API_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACEMENT("NSWindowStyleMaskTitled", macos(10.0,10.12)) = NSWindowStyleMaskTitled;
                               ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/wnd_quartz.mm:254:13: warning: 'NSMiniaturizableWindowMask' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12
                style |= (NSMiniaturizableWindowMask | NSClosableWindowMask);
                          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          NSWindowStyleMaskMiniaturizable
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSWindow.h:852:32: note: 
      'NSMiniaturizableWindowMask' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSWindowStyleMask NSMiniaturizableWindowMask API_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACEMENT("NSWindowStyleMaskMiniaturizable", macos(10.0,10.12)) = NSWindowStyleMaskMiniaturizable;
                               ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/wnd_quartz.mm:254:42: warning: 'NSClosableWindowMask' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12
                style |= (NSMiniaturizableWindowMask | NSClosableWindowMask);
                                                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                                       NSWindowStyleMaskClosable
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSWindow.h:851:32: note: 
      'NSClosableWindowMask' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSWindowStyleMask NSClosableWindowMask API_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACEMENT("NSWindowStyleMaskClosable", macos(10.0,10.12)) = NSWindowStyleMaskClosable;
                               ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/wnd_quartz.mm:255:12: warning: 'NSResizableWindowMask' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12
                style |= NSResizableWindowMask;
                         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                         NSWindowStyleMaskResizable
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSWindow.h:853:32: note: 
      'NSResizableWindowMask' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSWindowStyleMask NSResizableWindowMask API_DEPRECATED_WITH_REPLACEMENT("NSWindowStyleMaskResizable", macos(10.0,10.12)) = NSWindowStyleMaskResizable;
                               ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/wnd_quartz.mm:286:69: warning: 'NSWindowFullScreenButton' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 - The standard
      window button for NSWindowFullScreenButton is always nil; use NSWindowZoomButton instead [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
                        NSButton* fullscreenButton = [ this->window standardWindowButton:NSWindowFullScreenButton ];
                                                                                         ^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSWindow.h:866:29: note: 
      'NSWindowFullScreenButton' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
static const NSWindowButton NSWindowFullScreenButton API_DEPRECATED("The standard window button for NSWindowFullScreenButton is always nil; use NSWindowZoomButton instead", ...
                            ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/video/cocoa/wnd_quartz.mm:332:2: warning: multiple methods named 'center' found [-Wobjc-multiple-method-names]
        [ this->window center ];
        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSCollectionViewCompositionalLayout.h:601:19: note: 
      using
@property NSPoint center;
                  ^~~~~~
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSWindow.h:312:1: note: also found
- (void)center;
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
7 warnings generated.
[SRC] Compiling video/cocoa/wnd_quickdraw.mm
[SRC] Linking openttd
Last edited by vincentkoevoets on 25 Oct 2019 18:12, edited 1 time in total.
AkipTsaqif
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AkipTsaqif »

Hi. I have a question here.

First, I know I'm supposed to ask this on its respective newgrf thread but I just wanna ask.

Does all of the North American Buildings set are actually undestroyable? Checking on land information tells me that every one of them has N/A cost to clear, which it's impossible for me to remove them (and the city won't replace them either).

Is there an alternative to bulldoze those buildings without using the magic bulldozer cheat? If not then I'm a little bit screwed since I can't expand my rail network. :evil:

Thanks before.
na.png
na.png (15.38 KiB) Viewed 4399 times
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

AkipTsaqif wrote: 25 Oct 2019 18:11 Does all of the North American Buildings set are actually undestroyable? Checking on land information tells me that every one of them has N/A cost to clear, which it's impossible for me to remove them (and the city won't replace them either).

Is there an alternative to bulldoze those buildings without using the magic bulldozer cheat? If not then I'm a little bit screwed since I can't expand my rail network. :evil:
Have you tried actually demolishing the buildings? If you try that, it will usually tell you why you can't.

As far as I know it isn't possible to make town buildings indestructible, I think it's more likely you are just in bad standing with the town's local authority.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

vincentkoevoets wrote: 25 Oct 2019 17:58 Hey JGR! I have updated my Macbook to 10.15 Catalina, and now compiling does work, but the game no longer starts
Hi :) Bet ya this is a Mac issue :twisted:

1. Catalina is a dog's dinner release, general advice is don't upgrade to it (I appreciated that's no help, too late now) :)
2. It's most likely just Gatekeeper https://www.imore.com/how-open-apps-any ... and-mojave
3. It could be that the compile has produced a 32 bit binary, Catalina is 64 bit only. Official OpenTTD compile farm builds 64 bit Mac binaries, can you try 1.9.3 from https://www.openttd.org/ ?
4. We do have reports of OpenTTD issues with Catalina, none verified yet, e.g. https://github.com/OpenTTD/OpenTTD/issues/7623

I haven't tested with Catalina as (see above), I ain't upgrading to it. No other OpenTTD devs nor JGR have a recent Mac to test afaik.
vincentkoevoets
Engineer
Engineer

andythenorth wrote: 25 Oct 2019 19:00

1. Catalina is a dog's dinner release, general advice is don't upgrade to it (I appreciated that's no help, too late now) :)
2. It's most likely just Gatekeeper https://www.imore.com/how-open-apps-any ... and-mojave
3. It could be that the compile has produced a 32 bit binary, Catalina is 64 bit only. Official OpenTTD compile farm builds 64 bit Mac binaries, can you try 1.9.3 from https://www.openttd.org/ ?
4. We do have reports of OpenTTD issues with Catalina, none verified yet, e.g. https://github.com/OpenTTD/OpenTTD/issues/7623

I haven't tested with Catalina as (see above), I ain't upgrading to it. No other OpenTTD devs nor JGR have a recent Mac to test afaik.
Yeah, I thought so.. :(
I assume moderators feel free to shut down this off-topic anytime, but until then I'm taking the help I can get. So here goes..

1. Yes, I'm starting to see that now. I will be rolling back to Mojave very soon
2. I tried disabling Gatekeeper, but no dice. Furthermore, I can bypass Gatekeeper by allowing the app to run anyway, but it still does not start. (Only a bouncing icon in the dock)
3. I checked, and the compiler produces a 64-bit binary indeed. The fact that I can at least try to start it, means that it is a 64-bit binary, otherwise the icon for OpenTTD would not even be clickable. (greyed out) I tried the 1.9.3 and that one works fine. So that is the only reason I posted this here.
4. I read the reports, will keep them in my bookmarks for now.

Thanks for responding, I gained some insight on Catalina and where the problem might be, and I will be rolling back soon.
Towa Shina
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Towa Shina »

Hello. I found a bug.

I wanted to destroy a town building, which is 2x2 wide, and I decided to see how much it costs beforehand. So I shift-clicked on it, selected a tile, it says it's $1562. But here is the thing. When I selected the entire building, which is 2x2, four tiles, it says it's $6248. But no matter how I selected, it only costs me $1562 to destroy the building.

Also, I don't remember the exact situation, but I kind of remember that there are other inaccurate estimations where involves lower/rise land tool.

Thanks.
vincentkoevoets
Engineer
Engineer

vincentkoevoets wrote: 25 Oct 2019 19:46
andythenorth wrote: 25 Oct 2019 19:00

Yeah, I thought so.. :(
I assume moderators feel free to shut down this off-topic anytime, but until then I'm taking the help I can get. So here goes..

1. Yes, I'm starting to see that now. I will be rolling back to Mojave very soon
2. I tried disabling Gatekeeper, but no dice. Furthermore, I can bypass Gatekeeper by allowing the app to run anyway, but it still does not start. (Only a bouncing icon in the dock)
3. I checked, and the compiler produces a 64-bit binary indeed. The fact that I can at least try to start it, means that it is a 64-bit binary, otherwise the icon for OpenTTD would not even be clickable. (greyed out) I tried the 1.9.3 and that one works fine. So that is the only reason I posted this here.
4. I read the reports, will keep them in my bookmarks for now.

Thanks for responding, I gained some insight on Catalina and where the problem might be, and I will be rolling back soon.
Aaand everything is back to normal. Rolled back to Mojave, meaning I completely wiped my system and installed from scratch. All is good now.
I compiled MacOS version again, I remember someone asked for it a few posts ago, so I will attach it here. It should be a static build, could anyone confirm? And JGR, I tried to maintain your naming convention for the zipfile, hope you don't mind.
Have fun!
openttd-custom-jgrpp-0.32.1-MacOS.zip
openttd-custom-jgrpp-0.32.1-MacOS
(8.05 MiB) Downloaded 110 times
AkipTsaqif
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AkipTsaqif »

jfs wrote: 25 Oct 2019 18:45 Have you tried actually demolishing the buildings? If you try that, it will usually tell you why you can't.

As far as I know it isn't possible to make town buildings indestructible, I think it's more likely you are just in bad standing with the town's local authority.
It tells me that "local authority refuses to allow this" but my rating is already in outstanding position. The problem is that the have an N/A cost to clear though, same as industries, which can't be demolished by any means except cheating.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

AkipTsaqif wrote: 26 Oct 2019 10:58
jfs wrote: 25 Oct 2019 18:45 Have you tried actually demolishing the buildings? If you try that, it will usually tell you why you can't.

It tells me that "local authority refuses to allow this" but my rating is already in outstanding position. The problem is that the have an N/A cost to clear though, same as industries, which can't be demolished by any means except cheating.
Care to upload a save?
Towa Shina
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Towa Shina »

Hello again.
Towa Shina wrote: 26 Oct 2019 00:37 Also, I don't remember the exact situation, but I kind of remember that there are other inaccurate estimations where involves lower/rise land tool.
I now found the situation, so I'm posting here.

So I wanted to raise land, which is two dots wide (1x0). I shift-clicked a dot of them, it says it costs $370 to raise. Then I did the same to the next dot, it's $430. And I shift-clicked the two dots, it says it's $800. But no matter how I do in order, the actual entire cost is only $720. That's because you've already paid the cleaning cost of the land of two tiles when you raised a dot.

Now I'm feeling that this bug is not because of your patch pack but of the original part of the game. If so, I apologize that I've posted this to the wrong place.

Thanks.
AkipTsaqif
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AkipTsaqif »

kamnet wrote: 26 Oct 2019 17:41 Care to upload a save?
Here you go.
Green & Co., 1 Jan 1921.sav
All of the NewGRFs can be found in BaNaNaS and here.
(12.14 MiB) Downloaded 93 times
Edit: forget to include the attachment
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

AkipTsaqif wrote: 27 Oct 2019 01:21
kamnet wrote: 26 Oct 2019 17:41 Care to upload a save?
Here you go.

Green &amp; Co., 1 Jan 1921.sav

Edit: forget to include the attachment
House property 0x10 (LA rating decrease on removal) is excessively high (60k) which suggests that this is a deliberate policy of the NewGRF author.

Also, many of the NewGRFs that you're using are in an error or warning state. Generally this should be avoided.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

OpenTTD seems to have started a habit of crashing overnight, on a PC that runs 24/7.
After trawling through Event Viewer in Windows, i have found this report;

Faulting application name: openttd.exe, version: 1.10.0.5932, time stamp: 0x5daca51f
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.418, time stamp: 0x99ca0526
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f9269
Faulting process id: 0x8f20
Faulting application start time: 0x01d590e1181218d5
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Redirect Left\Desktop\OTTD JGR\openttd.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 1d7c24b9-fbfa-4c48-b244-0339adccd914
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 
Here is the 'details' window

- System 

- Provider 

[ Name]  Application Error 

- EventID 1000 

[ Qualifiers]  0 

Level 2 

Task 100 

Keywords 0x80000000000000 

- TimeCreated 

[ SystemTime]  2019-11-02T02:58:08.313384800Z 

EventRecordID 177694 

Channel Application 

Computer Triton 

Security 

- EventData 

openttd.exe 
   5daca51f 
   ntdll.dll 
   99ca0526 
   c0000374 
   00000000000f9269 
   8f20 
   01d590e1181218d5 
   C:\Users\Redirect Left\Desktop\OTTD JGR\openttd.exe 
   C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll 
   1d7c24b9-fbfa-4c48-b244-0339adccd914 
I can provide a savegame if necessary, i'm not sure how much use it'll be, as I always just load the last autosave and play that, and that can work again for many (ingame) years before it has another upset with Windows.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Redirect Left wrote: 02 Nov 2019 12:32 OpenTTD seems to have started a habit of crashing overnight, on a PC that runs 24/7.
After trawling through Event Viewer in Windows, i have found this report;

Faulting application name: openttd.exe, version: 1.10.0.5932, time stamp: 0x5daca51f
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.418, time stamp: 0x99ca0526
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f9269
Faulting process id: 0x8f20
Faulting application start time: 0x01d590e1181218d5
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Redirect Left\Desktop\OTTD JGR\openttd.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 1d7c24b9-fbfa-4c48-b244-0339adccd914
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 
Here is the 'details' window

- System 

- Provider 

[ Name]  Application Error 

- EventID 1000 

[ Qualifiers]  0 

Level 2 

Task 100 

Keywords 0x80000000000000 

- TimeCreated 

[ SystemTime]  2019-11-02T02:58:08.313384800Z 

EventRecordID 177694 

Channel Application 

Computer Triton 

Security 

- EventData 

openttd.exe 
   5daca51f 
   ntdll.dll 
   99ca0526 
   c0000374 
   00000000000f9269 
   8f20 
   01d590e1181218d5 
   C:\Users\Redirect Left\Desktop\OTTD JGR\openttd.exe 
   C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll 
   1d7c24b9-fbfa-4c48-b244-0339adccd914 
I can provide a savegame if necessary, i'm not sure how much use it'll be, as I always just load the last autosave and play that, and that can work again for many (ingame) years before it has another upset with Windows.
A savegame would be useful, I'll look into it.
If there was a crash.log file generated that would be useful as well.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

No crash log was generated, here is the last autosave produced before the crash. (sadly, a huge rail jam had occured whilst i was AFK ;__;)
Attachments
autosave4.sav
(6.22 MiB) Downloaded 50 times
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Redirect Left wrote: 02 Nov 2019 13:06 No crash log was generated, here is the last autosave produced before the crash. (sadly, a huge rail jam had occured whilst i was AFK ;__;)
Thanks, that is an impressive level of gridlock. :)
The issue is a heap use after free in the destructor for water-based industries (i.e. oil rigs and similar).
Demolishing an oil rig with heap checking turned on (e.g. AddressSanitiser) is enough to reproduce the issue.
I will look into a fix.

Edit: Fixed, this will be in the next release.
I will forward a bug report upstream to trunk as the issue is the same there.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github

Return to “OpenTTD Development”