JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Sochi
Engineer
Engineer

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by Sochi »

Hi!
I use JGRs pack and ECS. Here are my questions:
- There is an order “Go to depot and stop”. What case can I use it? How can a vehicle left depot after this order? It looks only in a manual way by pressing Start button. Is there a possibility to make an order, for example, to go to depot if there is no cargo at the station and left depot after cargo arrived automatically?
- How an ECS calculate station rating and production as result? It there a classic OpenTTD way when it calculates Speed, life time of vehicle and so on? In general: is ECS calculates cargo, get from current station? Or cargo, supplied to destination station? What is better for rating: a query of slow trucks, go one by one or fast train, waiting some time for full loading?
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

stb wrote: 06 Oct 2019 00:43 Another small bug. When removing a vehicle and creating a new one (without depot window reopening), the new vehicle inherits timetable data.
But if orders are not shared, the Automate and Auto Separation are reset.
Thanks for reporting this, I will look into it.
Edit: This should be fixed now.
Sochi wrote: 07 Oct 2019 12:53 Hi!
I use JGRs pack and ECS. Here are my questions:
- There is an order “Go to depot and stop”. What case can I use it? How can a vehicle left depot after this order? It looks only in a manual way by pressing Start button.
The vehicle will not leave on its own after the order, that is its purpose. The primary use case for me at least is to schedule a shared order set of vehicles to head to the depot for later manual attention in a more orderly way than just sending them to the depot wherever they happen to be at the moment.
Sochi wrote: 07 Oct 2019 12:53Is there a possibility to make an order, for example, to go to depot if there is no cargo at the station and left depot after cargo arrived automatically?
I'm not aware of a mechanism to do this.
In general just having the train go to the station and wait there using a full-load order works better than trying to use conditional orders.
If you have more than one train which has a full-load order you might want to introduce a queuing system or dedicated platforms, etc.
Sochi wrote: 07 Oct 2019 12:53How an ECS calculate station rating and production as result? It there a classic OpenTTD way when it calculates Speed, life time of vehicle and so on? In general: is ECS calculates cargo, get from current station? Or cargo, supplied to destination station? What is better for rating: a query of slow trucks, go one by one or fast train, waiting some time for full loading?
I don't use ECS and am not familiar with any relation it may have to station ratings.
Unless you enable a setting which indicates otherwise, the station rating system is the same as upstream OpenTTD.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Azusa257
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Azusa257 »

I'm playing with the latest pre-release JGRpp 0.32 rc5, (but this also happened with JGR 31.5) and I don't know if this is a bug in vanilla or not, but when saving NewGRF presets from a multiplayer game, it doesn't save the parameters of the individual NewGRFs in that preset. Clicking on a game in the multiplayer menu, then clicking on NewGRF Settings to save the preset, then selecting that preset in the NewGRF menu in the main screen makes all the parameters of the individual NewGRFs equal to 0, and not as it is set up as such in that Multiplayer game, or even as the default parameters as set by the NewGRF itself.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Downloaded patch boilerplate source.
I assume this is RC5
Compiled for Win32 using Visual Studio 2019
Compile failed on multiple instances with station_base.h(57,35): error C2338:
Copy of the build log is in the zip.
Attachments
RC5 Compile Error.zip
(5.24 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Azusa257 wrote: 09 Oct 2019 00:06 I'm playing with the latest pre-release JGRpp 0.32 rc5, (but this also happened with JGR 31.5) and I don't know if this is a bug in vanilla or not, but when saving NewGRF presets from a multiplayer game, it doesn't save the parameters of the individual NewGRFs in that preset. Clicking on a game in the multiplayer menu, then clicking on NewGRF Settings to save the preset, then selecting that preset in the NewGRF menu in the main screen makes all the parameters of the individual NewGRFs equal to 0, and not as it is set up as such in that Multiplayer game, or even as the default parameters as set by the NewGRF itself.
Thanks for the report, I'll look into it.
wallyweb wrote: 12 Oct 2019 04:14 Downloaded patch boilerplate source.
I assume this is RC5
This should be fixed now.
There are windows binaries in the first post as well.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

JGR wrote: 12 Oct 2019 09:23
wallyweb wrote: 12 Oct 2019 04:14 Downloaded patch boilerplate source.
I assume this is RC5
This should be fixed now.
That worked. :bow:
There are windows binaries in the first post as well.
Apparently MinGW compilations no longer work on WinXP while the Visual Studio compilations seem to be fine.
For XP users I have no problem running a "latest" compile. Just send me a PM request.
nirasa
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nirasa »

I can't compile OpenTTD. My system: XUbuntu 18.04, OpenTTD JGR 0.32. Compile is error. I downloaded the whole source code again, but it didn't help. What information do you need? Please... Thx
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/nirasa/videos Czech language. :D
ino
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ino »

nirasa wrote: 13 Oct 2019 05:35 I can't compile OpenTTD. My system: XUbuntu 18.04, OpenTTD JGR 0.32. Compile is error. I downloaded the whole source code again, but it didn't help. What information do you need? Please... Thx
What is the error shown in the terminal?
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Azusa257 wrote: 09 Oct 2019 00:06 I'm playing with the latest pre-release JGRpp 0.32 rc5, (but this also happened with JGR 31.5) and I don't know if this is a bug in vanilla or not, but when saving NewGRF presets from a multiplayer game, it doesn't save the parameters of the individual NewGRFs in that preset. Clicking on a game in the multiplayer menu, then clicking on NewGRF Settings to save the preset, then selecting that preset in the NewGRF menu in the main screen makes all the parameters of the individual NewGRFs equal to 0, and not as it is set up as such in that Multiplayer game, or even as the default parameters as set by the NewGRF itself.
You will need to actually join the game to get the NewGRF parameters.
The server advertisement which includes the server name, version, etc. and NewGRF list does not include the NewGRF parameters.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
TrueSatan
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TrueSatan »

nirasa wrote: 13 Oct 2019 05:35 I can't compile OpenTTD. My system: XUbuntu 18.04, OpenTTD JGR 0.32. Compile is error. I downloaded the whole source code again, but it didn't help. What information do you need? Please... Thx
Did you get sdl2 developer ? I needed that as well, ./configure will tell you what you need to install.
After installing sdl2 compiling worked like a charm.
Cheers
nirasa
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nirasa »

Compilation error, Xubuntu 18.04, OpenTTD JGR 0.32:

Code: Select all

irenas@irenas-xubuntu:~/OpenTTD-patches-jgrpp-32$ ./configure
WARNING: The path contains a non-alphanumeric character that might cause
         failures in subsequent build stages. Any failures with the build
         will most likely be caused by this.
checking awk... awk
detecting OS... UNIX
checking build system type... x86_64-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-linux-gnu
checking universal build... no
checking build cc... gcc
checking host cc... gcc
checking build c++... g++
checking host c++... g++
checking strip... disabled
checking builtin depend... yes
checking makedepend... disabled
detecting cpu-type... 64 bits
detecting SSE... found
checking static... no
checking unicode... no
using debug level... no
using desync debug level... no
using link time optimization... no
checking OSX sysroot... not OSX, skipping
checking allegro... not found
checking sdl2... not found
configure: error: pkg-config sdl2 couldn't be found
configure: error: you supplied '2', but it seems invalid
irenas@irenas-xubuntu:~/OpenTTD-patches-jgrpp-32$
Error is on line - example from JGR 0.31.5:

checking sdl... found
What file do I need to install?
Thanks for helping me.
TrueSatan
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TrueSatan »

nirasa wrote: 14 Oct 2019 05:19 Compilation error, Xubuntu 18.04, OpenTTD JGR 0.32:

irenas@irenas-xubuntu:~/OpenTTD-patches-jgrpp-32$ ./configure
WARNING: The path contains a non-alphanumeric character that might cause
         failures in subsequent build stages. Any failures with the build
         will most likely be caused by this.
checking awk... awk
detecting OS... UNIX
checking build system type... x86_64-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-linux-gnu
checking universal build... no
checking build cc... gcc
checking host cc... gcc
checking build c++... g++
checking host c++... g++
checking strip... disabled
checking builtin depend... yes
checking makedepend... disabled
detecting cpu-type... 64 bits
detecting SSE... found
checking static... no
checking unicode... no
using debug level... no
using desync debug level... no
using link time optimization... no
checking OSX sysroot... not OSX, skipping
checking allegro... not found
checking sdl2... not found
configure: error: pkg-config sdl2 couldn't be found
configure: error: you supplied '2', but it seems invalid
irenas@irenas-xubuntu:~/OpenTTD-patches-jgrpp-32$
Error is on line - example from JGR 0.31.5:

checking sdl... found
What file do I need to install?
Thanks for helping me.
Just get developer package of sdl2
sudo apt-get install libsdl2-dev
nirasa
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nirasa »

TrueSatan wrote: 14 Oct 2019 05:44 Just get developer package of sdl2
Unfulfilled dependencies. Packages will not be installed.:

Následující balíky mají nesplněné závislosti:
 libsdl2-dev : Závisí na: libegl1-mesa-dev ale nebude se instalovat
               Závisí na: libgles2-mesa-dev ale nebude se instalovat
               Závisí na: libwayland-dev ale nebude se instalovat
:-(
TrueSatan
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TrueSatan »

nirasa wrote: 14 Oct 2019 05:49

just replace libsdl2-dev with the three packages you are missing, install them first then libsdl2-dev again and it should work.
Cheers
nirasa
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nirasa »

nirasa wrote: 14 Oct 2019 05:49

OK. DONE! I have enabled file sources :-) and the game is compiling. :lol:
Thank you veru much.
elvismurk
Engineer
Engineer

Post by elvismurk »

Would this patch be recommended for beginners, or should one start with the vanilla version?
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

elvismurk wrote: 24 Oct 2019 07:54 Would this patch be recommended for beginners, or should one start with the vanilla version?
I would recommend starting with this. It far out strips vanilla in features, to the point where I generally fail to acknowledge its existance when I am trying to introduce new people to OpenTTD now, I always go straight to this thread with them. Nothing in this patch makes it inherently more difficult for a typical new person to use, other than add more features for when they're ready to explore them. It also gets updated far more often, and has new and more useful features added a lot faster than vanilla.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Redirect Left wrote: 24 Oct 2019 08:27
elvismurk wrote: 24 Oct 2019 07:54 Would this patch be recommended for beginners, or should one start with the vanilla version?
I would recommend starting with this. It far out strips vanilla in features, to the point where I generally fail to acknowledge its existance when I am trying to introduce new people to OpenTTD now, I always go straight to this thread with them. Nothing in this patch makes it inherently more difficult for a typical new person to use, other than add more features for when they're ready to explore them. It also gets updated far more often, and has new and more useful features added a lot faster than vanilla.
If you're new to the game, start out with the original game. Players need to understand and master the basic workings and techniques of the original game. Patch Packs add a lot of nice features, but they are also not reliable. Things change, and can change frequently. Features that you've come to rely on can be taken away. And stuff will break as the core game itself changes. Beginning users need to understand the difference between the basic game and what a patch pack offers.

Also, JGRPP is not updated more frequently than OpenTTD's master branch. OpenTTD is updated nearly every day with fixes and additions. JGRPP is updated when JGR has time, and most of those updates are to keep up with the OpenTTD updates.
ino
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ino »

kamnet wrote: 24 Oct 2019 13:22 Also, JGRPP is not updated more frequently than OpenTTD's master branch. OpenTTD is updated nearly every day with fixes and additions. JGRPP is updated when JGR has time, and most of those updates are to keep up with the OpenTTD updates.
When I was playing vanilla I always play the stable release. Which I think is less frequent than JGR release.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

ino wrote: 24 Oct 2019 13:28
kamnet wrote: 24 Oct 2019 13:22 Also, JGRPP is not updated more frequently than OpenTTD's master branch. OpenTTD is updated nearly every day with fixes and additions. JGRPP is updated when JGR has time, and most of those updates are to keep up with the OpenTTD updates.
When I was playing vanilla I always play the stable release. Which I think is less frequent than JGR release.
This is true, but OpenTTD stable doesn't update frequently because it is "stable". JGR is just as "not-stable" as OpenTTD nightly releases, which are more frequent. And for users who encounter bugs, they would be moving from stable to a nightly release in order to resolve their issue.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”