Switching computers

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Weareallthesame
Engineer
Engineer

Switching computers

Post by Weareallthesame »

Is it possible to migrate content from one PC to another?

I like creating scenarios from scratch and would spend years building one and years playing with it. But how do I migrate my scenarios from a Mac to a PC?
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Switching computers

Post by FLHerne »

Yes. Scenarios are found in the `scenario` directory/folder, which can be found in any of a few places depending on OS and setup.

It's usually easiest to copy all of OpenTTD's data, that way you keep your settings, newgrfs, savegames etc.
Last edited by FLHerne on 20 Oct 2019 11:19, edited 1 time in total.
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
BW89
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BW89 »

The Easiest Way is to copy the OpenTTD Folder in "Programs" in the same folder on your new PC and to copy the OpenTTD Folder in Documents in the Documents Folder in the new PC.
Than they game works as before
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

The complete answer from the readme was linked by FLHerne, in essence, most often the answer is:

Windows: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\OpenTTD
macOS: ~/Documents/OpenTTD
Linux: ~/.local/share/openttd or ~/.openttd (whatever exists)
Frostypaws
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Frostypaws »

I’ve just done this using an SD card. Very easy to do. If you want content from the game like newGRF and scenarios you’ve created, just copy the OpenTTD file from the Documents folder and paste it on to your new PC. You can select individual saves if you want to go more in depth though it is more time consuming.

Return to “General OpenTTD”