The Thread Of Randomness

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: The Thread Of Randomness

Post by Hyronymus »

Ladies & gentleman,

On Tuesday 17th of September my girlfriend and I became the proud parents of a healthy son who we decided to name Alexander. Alexander, my girlfriend and me are doing well :).
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Hyronymus wrote: 21 Sep 2019 13:24 Ladies & gentleman,

On Tuesday 17th of September my girlfriend and I became the proud parents of a healthy son who we decided to name Alexander. Alexander, my girlfriend and me are doing well :).
Congratulations on the birth of your son! Many blessings upon your family today!!!
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Congratulations! Fantastic news! :)
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Congrats Hyro! Brilliant to hear all is well.
Cool Loser
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Cool Loser »

Hyronymus wrote: 21 Sep 2019 13:24 Ladies & gentleman,

Congrats!
Ittachi_Kawasaki
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ittachi_Kawasaki »

Today, when I was walking on a street in Tokyo, I saw 2 girls who wearing Kimono & Yukata (http://questionjapan.com/blog/location- ... nd-yukata/). I just fell in love with one :mrgreen: . It is really silly :)))
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

I do love when non-nationals are forced to pronounce foreign names or places. Always a laugh.

Have spent the past few days watching the Counter Strike tournament at Dreamhack Masters Malmö. So far in the space of 2 days i've heard Malmö pronounced 4 different ways. We've also had the fire alarm go off and an intruder alarm go off and pause the action. So far the arena is giving us more action than the game, nice one MalmöMässan centre!
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I often hear people say "Mal-Mo", Mo as in the runner Mo Farah. I think it's a fair way to do it in English, the letter ö is not easy for most people. The closest way to descibe it would be "Mal-muh".
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

The current pronunciation they seem to have stuck with is Mal-moo, as in a cow going moo. It's interesting, but given they've stuck with it a day or so now, I wonder if someone told them and it's closest they can manage :lol:
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

This is the best uncontrollable laughter extra ever. (see ~7:30 into the video, but you're at your own risk.)

YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Good news for Brits. If Labour win the upcoming election, you too can have free broadband!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50427369

If they win, and that actually happens by 2030, I shall wear a frilly tutu for a week.
This has to be one of the more outlandish promises made so far by the parties.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I don't see how that is an outlandish statement though...
My Scenarios:
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

To do that they'd need to nationalise an ISP to do it all, apparently Virgin Media is being looked at for that. The entire idea of that happening is preposterous to me, there's far more important things to spend a dumb amount of £££ on for the country's sake.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I think there is perhaps some merit in Openreach being nationalised, though I’d be concerned about what effect that may have on other private network operators. Given the majority of the BDUK funds went to Openreach anyway there has been a lot of public money invested in the FTTC and FTTP networks from Openreach, so you could argue the country should own it.

Nationalising BT Retail though seems bizarre and unnecessary. In a nationalised scenario, Openreach should provide equal access to any provider wanting to use their network (as the Australian NBN was intended to offer), which in effect is how Openreach works now of course.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

In other news, after over a decade of waiting, new Half-Life game announced! Requires a VR headset though, which I don’t have, and my graphics card is probably considered an antique these days, boo.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Yes, i'm slightly saddened they've gone the VR route for Half Life. Will be quite a few people unable to play it for X or Y reason. I hope they do a normal non-VR version later on.
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

Redirect Left wrote: 22 Nov 2019 01:13I hope they do a normal non-VR version later on.
Their statement on this was essentially "we'd have to kneecap the game"

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Slightly concerned this article came up on the BBC. Apparently we'd be immensely outgunned in a fight with Russia, were we intending on one?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50567271
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

It's a little too early to start a new Eurovision thread, and its a bit too late to add to the other, so i'll post it here!

Hungary have pulled out of Eurovision next year, because, "It's too gay". Hungary has had a rising rhetoric of anti-LGBT conversations. An editor of a pro-goverment magazine called Eurovision a "Homosexual flotilla".

and I thought Europe was quite a happy place in terms of LGBT issues.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Redirect Left wrote: 28 Nov 2019 09:24 and I thought Europe was quite a happy place in terms of LGBT issues.
That was naive of you! :mrgreen: With the rise of nationalism, there's also a rise in anti-LGBT movements and anti-females rights. That's why even countries like the "super progressive" Sweden is now talking about abortions which have been a fundamental right for 50 years.
My Scenarios:

Return to “Off-Topic”