JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Diesel Power
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by Diesel Power »

Unless the have a purchase price and running cost of £0, which Genric Cars and Eye candy RVs by Supercheese both do.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

romazoon wrote: 21 Sep 2019 09:29 Edit : some player from our server also report that there is maybe a towngrowth bug caused by custombridgeheads, if they are customized the growth doesn t cross the bridge (no building appearing on the other side like they would normally do. player is testing it a bit more though, he s not 100% sure yet).
Emperor Jake wrote: 21 Sep 2019 14:09 It seems towns won't build houses on roads connected only with a custom bridgehead on the far end of the bridge. The near end is unaffected. This is 0.32 rc4.

On the other hand it's nice to have a way of blocking towns from growing along your farm tracks :D
This should be fixed now.
Previously the town growth mechanism would only cross the bridge if the far custom bridge head included the straight (i.e. traditional) direction.
The near tile was also incorrectly handled in that tram-only bridges with road only on the head tiles would be incorrectly crossed, and other connections from the near tile wouldn't be followed.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

I've added a 0.32-rc5 release, which should address the previously mentioned issues in 0.32-rc4.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
jil8885
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jil8885 »

I compile JGR patchpack for Android with modified source from pelya's.

Modified things
Fix version code to enable multiplayer game
Add font not to express some languages like korean

You can download from
https://github.com/jil8885/OpenTTD-JGR- ... rpp-0.31.5
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

JGR wrote: 21 Sep 2019 18:58
Diesel Power wrote: 21 Sep 2019 18:31
kamnet wrote: 21 Sep 2019 18:04Check the NewGRF for your cars, see if you can change the parameters so that they carry 0 passengers.
That was my first idea. It's Generic Cars by Zephris. There aren't any parameters to play with unfortunately.
I plan on writing my own GRF based on Generic Cars but much bigger. Just got to get my head around the code.
Vehicles which cannot carry any cargo also cannot make any income. If AIs like Street Traffic can only build such vehicles they are not likely to last long unless they are manually subsidised by other players or the server admin.
StreetCars AI will immediately spam the map with as many cars as it can with the given parameters and money it has, and then stop. The company will then run in debt perpetually.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Text bug in nrt rc http://leteckaposta.cz/uploaded/135975388
A piece of line of text is missing.
When I click on the game list, it is strangely indented.
In "normal" version jgr patchpack everything is normal
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

In RC5 problem solved :)
Diesel Power
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Diesel Power »

Just upgarded to RC5 and the crash still happened. I tried to recreate the crash in a small clean game but it wasn't playing ball. So here's the crash file from my real game.

Steps to cause the crash:
1. Keep game paused.
2. Reload the street traffic AI.
3. Go to infrastructure sharing settings and uncheck box marked "enable sharing of road stops and depots" (as in the screen shot).
4. Game should crash.

Also i've seen custom bridge heads causing pathfinding problems, mainly RVs going one way over a bridge but not the other. If you force them over it the other way by removing the other roads so they have no choice, then they go over fine. Path finding penalty? If you rebuild the straight road piece on the bridge head, the problem goes away. Haven't tried with RC5 yet though.
Attachments
crash.png
(173.55 KiB) Not downloaded yet
crash.sav
(1.86 MiB) Downloaded 75 times
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Diesel Power wrote: 26 Sep 2019 20:52 Just upgarded to RC5 and the crash still happened. I tried to recreate the crash in a small clean game but it wasn't playing ball. So here's the crash file from my real game.

Steps to cause the crash:
1. Keep game paused.
2. Reload the street traffic AI.
3. Go to infrastructure sharing settings and uncheck box marked "enable sharing of road stops and depots" (as in the screen shot).
4. Game should crash.
Thanks, this is fixed now and will be in the next release.
Diesel Power wrote: 26 Sep 2019 20:52 Also i've seen custom bridge heads causing pathfinding problems, mainly RVs going one way over a bridge but not the other. If you force them over it the other way by removing the other roads so they have no choice, then they go over fine. Path finding penalty? If you rebuild the straight road piece on the bridge head, the problem goes away. Haven't tried with RC5 yet though.
I'll look into it. RC5 does include fixes for the town growth algorithm pathfinding over custom bridge heads but not any changes for vehicles.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

Hello,

I have a question about the cargo destination feature.
As the feature is in trunk I know I should not post there… bus as I play with the JRG NRT build, I guess I must post any issue here even for standard ones… or nor ?

So, here is the problem.

I play on a small map, with few industries with SPI 1.32.

I have a coal mine, and I want to deliver coal to several destination industries.

So I build 3 RV routes, one to a Brick Works, one to Lime Kiln, one last to a Steel Mill.
The two first routes are producing too many coal, but there isn't any piece of coal to the last one.

I already saw this problem in another savegame, but I thought it was due to a much too complexe train network.

So, is there a limit with the number of destination instrusties from a unique industry ? Is this limit is only 2 ?

Or is there a bug with JGR pack ?
Attachments
trucks.sav
(104.93 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

The most likely answer is that the game has not yet recalculated its routes and modified the production to include your new route. And depending on your game settings it may be taking too long to do that before it resets and starts counting from the beginning.
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

If you take a look at this screenshot, you'll see my trucks are 8 year old, while the distribution graph should be recomputed every 16 days.

But I'm not sure to understand the description of the behavior when it actually takes more than 16 days to compute : is the game will pause and lag (I never saw this behavior until now), or the graph calculation thread is killed (and the graph is never updated ?)

In 8 years, I designed many other routes, and they works well. I'm not sure the distribution graph isn't properly recalculated.
graph calculation.png
graph calculation.png (65.3 KiB) Viewed 901 times
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

This might be more of a problem with SPI. No matter what settings I'm changing in your save, no coal is ever planned for production for Biarritz Transfer, and the coal mine's production is pegged out at 100% transported.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

MagicBuzz wrote: 30 Sep 2019 19:19 If you take a look at this screenshot, you'll see my trucks are 8 year old, while the distribution graph should be recomputed every 16 days.

But I'm not sure to understand the description of the behavior when it actually takes more than 16 days to compute : is the game will pause and lag (I never saw this behavior until now), or the graph calculation thread is killed (and the graph is never updated ?)

In 8 years, I designed many other routes, and they works well. I'm not sure the distribution graph isn't properly recalculated.

graph calculation.png
The problem is that there are too many stations around the industry. Industries only distribute to the two stations in the catchment with the highest rating. See MoveGoodsToStation in the source.
This behaviour is unchanged from upstream trunk/master and its predecessors.
The OpenTTD git repo only goes back 15 years, which covers most of its history, and this behaviour is in the first commit.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

Doh !

That might explain why I have so much troubles with my stations 8o
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

The easiest way to do this is to have 1 station at the coal mine and have all the coal trucks use that one station to load but the trucks will have different destinations.
If you have 3 supply stations, then only the two highest rated will be allocated coal.

If the destinations are different distances (some close, some far) then set your trucks to visit all the destinations in turn.

load at coalmine
drop at brickworks
load at coalmine
drop at lime kiln
load at coalmine
drop at steel mill

Then all trucks will supply all destinations evenly. There's nothing wrong with SPI 1.32...trust me. Hope you enjoy using it.
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

The problem with your solution is when the brickworks uses 30 tons of coal per month, and the steel mill uses 300 tons per month, I must send the same number of trucks to both industries.
And if I use "full load", trucks may stay a long time loading coal to a destination that doesn't needs much coal, while the other destination waits for a lot of coal.

So I should create only one route :
load at coalmine
drop at brickworks
drop at lime kiln
drop at steel mill

But with trucks there is no enough place to store coal for more than 1 destination, so almost 100% of the coal will be delivered to brickworks, and almost nothing to lime kiln and absolutely nothing to steel mill.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

MagicBuzz wrote: 01 Oct 2019 11:04 But with trucks there is no enough place to store coal for more than 1 destination, so almost 100% of the coal will be delivered to brickworks, and almost nothing to lime kiln and absolutely nothing to steel mill.
I got it working.

1. Send all your trucks to the depot.
2. Built a new copy of Barritz Transfer as a drive-thru road stop.
3. Delete the other two copies of Barritz Transfer, build two new copies of Barritz West.
4. Modify your order to Go Non-Stop Via Barritz Transfer, then go to Barritz West and "Load if Available", and modify the order for Barritz Smeltzer to "Unload all and leave empty".

Trucks start running and in short order we've got coal rolling from Barritz West to Barritz Smeltzer, up to 20 tons per month. I ended up removing around a half dozen unprofitable trucks that were not necessary. After a few years everything leveled off and after setting order back to "Wait for full load" I had 1 truck loading, 2 trucks waiting, and all other trucks rolling to or from the mills.
Attachments
Biarritz Transport, Jul 23rd, 1938.sav
(105.59 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

JGR wrote: 30 Sep 2019 20:28 The problem is that there are too many stations around the industry. Industries only distribute to the two stations in the catchment with the highest rating. See MoveGoodsToStation in the source.
This behaviour is unchanged from upstream trunk/master and its predecessors.
The OpenTTD git repo only goes back 15 years, which covers most of its history, and this behaviour is in the first commit.
That behaviour traces to original TTD in fact, it's how it has always worked.
We have discussed changing it recently, but never agreed to a better method.
stb
Engineer
Engineer

Post by stb »

Another small bug. When removing a vehicle and creating a new one (without depot window reopening), the new vehicle inherits timetable data.
But if orders are not shared, the Automate and Auto Separation are reset.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”