North American Passenger Railroads Set - v.0.15 [27 Feb. 2024]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: North American Passenger Railroads Set dev. thread

Post by Tony Pixel »

openttdfan2020 wrote:Nice Newgrf! wow! can you add this train in this newgrf? :) Image
Start: 1976
End: 1998
Oh, thanks for the suggestion! This is F40PH, I allways forgot to add it, but I think I will add it in the next update
Image Image
Sprite artist and NewGRF developer, coding in NML. My projects:
NewGRFs: Not Enough Subways Set | North American Passenger Railroads | Elevated Subway Bridge | Tony Pixel's Subway Equipment Set (frozen)
Screenshots: New York City Subway Episodes
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

Hello there again. Working on Pullman NYC coaches currently, so there's another poll during to the end of this week.
Image Image
NewGRFs: Not Enough Subways Set | North American Passenger Railroads | Elevated Subway Bridge | Tony Pixel's Subway Equipment Set (frozen)
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

Because of my PC failures I couldn't release the update through past week, and I will not be able to post it on next one (I'm departing to the sea for 7 days). The list of planned vehicles was changed due to my abilities and reasonability for the set. In consequence in the next version will have this changelog:
-New liveries for some of E- and F-units (ATSF/NYC/PRR/CPR/CNR);
-Remade graphics for F3, F7, F9(New!), E7, E8, PRR MP54, Alco PA, Alco FA(New!), Metra Bilevel cars/Highliner II and Canada MR-90;
-Added CN Electric Multiple Unit;
-Added Metro-North M8;
-Added Budd Pioneer Zephyr trainset;
-Added EMD FP45;
-Added EMD F40PH;
-Added new named train sets and cars:
CPR/VIA Rail The Canadian + F7 livery + F40PH livery;
NYC Pullman Heavyweight;
ATSF Super Chief Lightweight + F3 livery + F7 livery + Alco PA livery + EMD FP45 livery;
NYC 20th Century Ltd + F7 livery + E8 livery;
And some other fixes, like properties of some railcars.
See You soon (In 1 week +-5 days), check for updates.
Image Image
TrainLover
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TrainLover »

Would you add other liveries, like the blue warbonnet or yellowbonnet scheme for ATS&F in the future?
Developer of North American Passenger Liveries: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=87228
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

TrainLover wrote: 07 Jul 2019 22:01 Would you add other liveries, like the blue warbonnet or yellowbonnet scheme for ATS&F in the future?
Yes. We already have Warbonnet and Bluebonnet liveries for Alco PA, and there will be same liveries for F3 and F7. Also, there will be Super Chief livery for E8.
Image Image
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

Meahwhile I came home and made some stuff... :D
Image Image
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

It finally happened. Ladies and gentlemen, I entertain to You: NAPR 0.11! I did it
Changelog:
-Added CN Electric Multiple Unit;
-Added Metro-North M8;
-Added Budd Pioneer Zephyr trainset;
-Added EMD FP45;
-Added EMD F40PH;
-Added new liveries for E- and F-units (ATSF/NYC/PRR/CPR/CNR);
-Added new named train sets:
NYC Pullman Heavyweight;
ATSF Super Chief Lightweight + F3 livery + F7 livery + Alco PA livery + EMD FP45 livery;
NYC 20th Century Ltd + F7 livery + E8 livery;
Also were remade graphics for F3, F7, E7, E8, PRR MP54, Alco PA, Metra Bilevel cars and Highliner II;
...and some other fixes, like properties of some locomotives and railcars or graphic alignment;

"CPR/VIA Rail The Canadian + F7 livery + F40PH livery" and Alco FA will be added in next update (Which I will upload maybe next two weeks, not like the this one :roll: ) due to some problems with my PC, sorry to all canadian friends :) .
Please, write here for any bugs and problems You will find.
Image Image
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

Started a new poll for two weeks, I count every opinion :D
Image Image
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Tony Pixel wrote: 07 Aug 2019 12:14 Started a new poll for two weeks, I count every opinion :D
Make it configurable, whether or not the player uses Vehicles Never Expire.
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

kamnet wrote: 07 Aug 2019 16:52
Tony Pixel wrote: 07 Aug 2019 12:14 Started a new poll for two weeks, I count every opinion :D
Make it configurable, whether or not the player uses Vehicles Never Expire.
I specially allowed 2 answer variants, one for Yes/No, and one for checking/not checking the "I use..." :)
Image Image
openttdfan2020
Engineer
Engineer

Post by openttdfan2020 »

i was thinking you making North American Freight Railroads Set Like Major Railroads Companies like BNSF Railway, Canadian National Railway, Canadian Pacific Railway, CSX Transportation, Kansas City Southern Railway, Norfolk Southern Railway, And Union Pacific Railroad. and Major Railroads Predecessors From the past. but you will make this? :bow:
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

openttdfan2020 wrote: 10 Aug 2019 18:53 i was thinking you making North American Freight Railroads Set Like Major Railroads Companies like BNSF Railway, Canadian National Railway, Canadian Pacific Railway, CSX Transportation, Kansas City Southern Railway, Norfolk Southern Railway, And Union Pacific Railroad. and Major Railroads Predecessors From the past. but you will make this? :bow:
I planned to start this set as a passenger-only one, but I see people want the freight stuff too. I will think about it, thanks for a proposal.
Image Image
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Although people may not care one second about my opinion : mine is that it should be two separate sets. Freight railways in North America are far more in number and rolling stock than any passenger railroad. Even by counting metros, tramways and people movers, there are still more kilometers of freight railroad and also still more freight locomotives than passenger locomotives, EMUs, metros, tramways, etc.

And for the reason that a set containing as much details as NAPR (liveries, etc) would contain an unreasonable amount of rolling stock compared to all NA passenger rolling stock, my opinion is that both sets (NAPR and NAFR if it was created) should stay separate.

So again, I'm not Tony Pixel, so that's only my opinion.
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

acs121 wrote: 15 Aug 2019 00:55 So again, I'm not Tony Pixel, so that's only my opinion.
I planned and thought about creating a freight set, but there are some not so big problems. I think it will be started, when the North American Passenger Railroads set will be playable and comfortable to play, because there are many issues to train parameters I must fix, and not so many trains for the diversity and good gameplay. NAFR may be started, when as minimum as half of steamers planned in NAPR will be implemented in-game.
Image Image
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

All spriteset drawing and coding work, planned for this update, is going to end, and I thought about some things that aren't related to graphics but balance. From the next update, there will be a parameters for increasing/decreasing running costs and (maybe) vehicles' prices.
Image Image
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

Some of the work I do in freetime :)
Attachments
USA_GE_Little_Joe.png
USA_GE_Little_Joe.png (7.06 KiB) Viewed 7667 times
Image Image
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

Small update 0.12, added LIRR MP54B, the Canadian Trainset and livery for F40PH and a PRR GG1 unit. See You next time at the start of october: redrawed P32AC-DM, Alco FA in 2 liveries, NYC 20th Century Ltd steam consist headed by 4-6-4 Hudson and some of PRR stuff. Also You can now choose the multiplier of running costs in parameters of GRF :)
Image Image
Lex-Pelham
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lex-Pelham »

Tony Pixel wrote: 22 Sep 2019 10:04 Some of the work I do in freetime :)
I am assuming you're drawing the General Electric EF-4/EP-4. Better known as the Little Joes.

These electric locomotives were originally built for export to the Soviet Union by General Electric in the 1950s. However when relations between the United States and Soviet Union deteriorated into what became known as the Cold War, GE was prohibited from delivering them to the Soviets.

Fourteen were built to the track gauge of 5 ft (1,524 mm) and the final six were built to 4 ft 8 1/2 in (1,435 mm) standard gauge.

Twelve of the locomotives where sold to the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul and Pacific Railroad (aka The Milwaukee Road), while three were sold to the Chicago South Shore and South Bend Railroad (aka The South Shore Line). The remaining five where sold to the Companhia Paulista de Estradas de Ferro in Brazil.

Beside being referred to as Little Joes, after Soviet Leader Joseph Stalin, the EF-4/EP-4 where also known as the 800s by the South Shore Line, and Russa (Russian in Portuguese) by the Companhia Paulista de Estradas de Ferro.

EF-4/EP-4 ran in both passenger and freight service with The Milwaukee Road until the end of electric operation in 1974. Their South Shore Line counterpart continued operating, mainly pulling freight trains until 1983.

The three remaining locos that went to Brazil became part of the Brazilian State Railways when the Companhia Paulista de Estradas de Ferro was nationalized in 1971. These locos continued operating for Brazilian Railways another 28 years until they were retired in 1999.

Five of the EF-4/EP-4 are preserved at railway museum across the Midwest. The remaining 15 where scrapped.
ConnieC420
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ConnieC420 »

Hi... I'm curious about something - is there any way you could add a running cost scale item to this set? Me and a few others are using this for a muliplayer game in addition to NARS but these vehicles are 10x times cheaper than NARS's ones - and can't be balanced.

Return to “Graphics Development”