Town grows every 30,000 days

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Ylires
Engineer
Engineer

Town grows every 30,000 days

Post by Ylires »

Dear openttd enthousiasts,

I'm running in to a problem in my openttd game and was hoping one of you might be able to help me out on this one.
To summerize my problem; my towns won't grow eventhough i'm servicing them well. The town growth speed in settings does not make a difference at all. If i change the settings to "Town growth speed: none" the towns in my map will tell me that the tows are not growing. In any other setting (slow/normal/fast), it says "town grows every 30,000 days which is basicly the same. I'm playing on the Joker's patch right now and using several opengfrs but never conquered this problem before. I can't figure out what's the problem or how to solve it. Does any of you know how to solve this? If you'll need screenshots, saves, anyting, please let me know.

Thank you in advance!
Ylires
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Town grows every 30,000 days

Post by Ylires »

Thank you Kamnet for your very fast reply.

I'm using no Gamescripts in my map.

However I thought about this posibility myself as well. That's why I duplicated the savefile into the scenario editor and made a copy with The Gamescript "Balanced_City_Growth". This did not make any difference.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Can you upload a copy of your save game? If I can compile a copy of the patch pack I (or maybe somebody else) can look at it?
Ylires
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ylires »

You'll find a copy of my savefile attached.
As you probably noticed by now, I'm quite new to the forum (been lurking mostly so far), so if I did make a mistake with uploading the right files please let me know.

Thanks once more for your time and effort
Attachments
Sannington 5.sav
(3.06 MiB) Downloaded 131 times
Ylires
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ylires »

Any of you might have come up with a solution for my problem?

Cheers
_dp_
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by _dp_ »

30000 days is the max growth rate gamescript could set untill recently. I'm not using that patchpack so I can't open your save and say for sure but it's highly likely that some gamescript is somehow involved. If that's the case only way to get them growing again is to use another gamescript (or patch) that resets that growth rate.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Ylires wrote: 26 Sep 2019 08:20 Any of you might have come up with a solution for my problem?

Cheers
Sorry, I've not been able to get the current version of Joker's Patch Pack to compile on my computer, so I haven't been able to check it either.
Ylires
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ylires »

No worries I appreciated your help nonetheless.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”