Help with train

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

grobble
Engineer
Engineer

Help with train

Post by grobble »

Hi everyone!

After finding OTTD on android during my vacation, I ended up playing it again on my PC. :D

Background:
* I started playing a passenger game. I connected two cities with terminus stations and fed those with passengers by bus and from towns around. So far so good. I used larger terminus stations similar to this [https://wiki.openttdcoop.org/File:Basic ... _multi.PNG]. My mainline between the two stations was simply L_R.
* Then I aimed for doubeling the mainline to L_L_R_R. It wasn't clear to me, how to connect this with the terminus, so I (see savegame) split the stations entrances into halfs. Now I simply needed to connect the L_L_R_R mainline to the L_R_L_R station entrance.

The problem:
* Before the build process, I sent all my trains into the depots. Now after, I want to start them again. But they simply cannot find their stations. Especially the trains in the yellow-circled depot will never cross that section marked with the red line. I assume I did something wrong with the signalling, but I simply don't find the error.
* Even when completely removing the track, and building a new (single) track without signals directly to the station. The train in that depot will not make it. :?:
* I even sold the train and bought a new and set new orders, and it still wouldn't get out of the depot.

I'd be super thankful, if anyone could shed some light on what I did wrong here! Any help is appreciated.

PS: Playing OpenTTD 1.7.1, I hope you people can open my savegame.
Attachments
help.sav
The savegame I have problems with.
(1.74 MiB) Downloaded 125 times
01.png
The problem situation. Send out the train in the marked depot.
(1.25 MiB) Not downloaded yet
02.png
Even removing all other tracks doesn't help.
(1.17 MiB) Not downloaded yet
rowdog
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Help with train

Post by rowdog »

You have electric trains in the depot but the track leading to the station isn't electrified. Convert the track.
grobble
Engineer
Engineer

Post by grobble »

Oh my, this is embarrasing! :oops: I had the electrics disabled in the transparency setting because I was assuming the problem to be one of signals. Dough! Sometimes it's so simple.

But: Thanks so much for clearing this out! I spend two hours checking my signals and rebuilding this whole construct for test purposes between other towns ... where it worked perfectly. :roll:

But now I can enjoy growing my cities again! :mrgreen:
rowdog
Engineer
Engineer

Post by rowdog »

It's an easy mistake, I've come to recognize it because I've been there and done that so many times. I'm glad I could help. 8)

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”